Chapter 3

Wrong Focus.

“RISE AND SHINE! WAKEY WAKEY! STOP SLEEPING ALREADY!” I shouted at Minhyuk while pinching his cheeks.

Apparently, we slept on the sofa last night with that position. His leg must have been numb. Silly boy, why didn’t he wake me up so that we could sleep comfortably on the beds?

“Ya, I’m awake, stop pinching my cheeks already,” he said, a little annoyed.

“Hehe, I’m sorry~ Are your legs alright? Are they still numb? Why didn’t you wake me up last night?” I asked, feeling concern.

“How can I when my best friend is sleeping so soundly? Don’t worry, I didn’t feel anything,” he replied.

“Ah, that’s why you’ll be a good boyfriend in the future. Go wash up, I prepared breakfast,” I said as I walked back to the kitchen.

“Then why don’t you be my girlfriend?” He muttered under his breath.

“Uh, did you say something?” I asked after hearing his voice.

“Huh? Nope,” he responded and went to the bathroom.

I shrugged my shoulders at his response and headed back to what I was doing.

*A new message*

I saw my phone lit up. I held my phone up and read the message.

From: Gikwang
Hey Jaeun, are you free today? A new movie came out today, and I was wondering if you’d like to watch it with me.

Why isn’t he asking Jimin instead? I wondered, but since I was free, I agreed.

From: Me
Yeap, I’m free. But why aren’t you asking Jimin instead?

His reply came before I knew it.

From: Gikwang
‘Cause I doubt she’ll be interested in this movie. I’ll be waiting for you at your door step at 2pm, see you then!

I smiled unknowingly after I read the message. He asked me out. I shouldn’t be happy, but I am.

“Ya, what are you smiling at? Did someone just ask you out?” Minhyuk asked sarcastically.

I blushed as I nodded.

“What?! Aye, don’t lie. That guy must be blind, who?” He replied feeling shocked.

Who is that lucky guy? He thought at the back of his mind.

“Your best friend,” I simply responded.

“What, you’re going out with yourself?” he said while scoping breakfast and stopped moments after, “wait, it can’t be...” I felt his gaze on me. I nodded.

“Way to go! What are you still doing here? Get home and prepare now! Quick!” Minhyuk cheered.

“Should I? I should right? But I don’t feel good doing this. He’s Jimin’s…” I said, feeling guilty.

“Ya, I told you that he doesn’t like her already, so he isn’t hers yet. Besides, you guys are just going out together; it doesn’t mean that you’re dating each other,” he reasoned.

“True, what you said makes sense. Thanks Minhyukkie! Remember to finish the breakfast and wash the plates! I’ll text you later,” I winked at him as I gathered my stuffs and rushed out of the door.

“I’ll be happy, if you are…” he comforted himself while eating his meal.