Final

Wrong Focus.

A few weeks passed, but we still haven’t talked to each other. It was torturing for me, but I managed to keep myself occupied and not think about him that much. I realized that all along I’ve had feelings for Minhyuk, but I was too focused with Gikwang to realize it. After I confessed to Gikwang about me liking Minhyuk, we started to distant ourselves as well. Sometimes I really think that I’m a failure. I can’t save my friendships and it took me so long to know who I really cared for and loved. Once again, I went to bed blaming myself for ruining everything.

The Next Day

I tried to get out of my bed, but a weight was holding onto me.

My eyes jerked open, and I sighed, “same dream, again.”

Almost every night, I’d be dreaming about the same thing, that Minhyuk was sleeping next to me and he was holding me tight in his sleep, afraid of losing me. I guess I thought of him too much. I tried to get up, but I couldn’t do so. Something was holding me down. I immediately turned to my right. What I dreamt of was coming true.

“Ya, be angry. You should be angry. He’s in the wrong. Don’t soften,” I told myself, then took his hand up, threw it to his side, and left the bed.

“What the-” I heard him say.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking to the bathroom until I felt arms hugging me from behind.

“Let go, what are you doing?” I asked angrily and came out from his grip.

“I’m sorry. I really am, please forgive me,” he pleaded while looking at me.

“Why should I?” I replied, walked to the bed, and sat on it.

“Jealousy got the better of me. You were getting closer and closer to Gikwang, and to be honest, I hated it. It felt like you’d be stolen away from me by him sooner or later. I was angry whenever I saw the both of you together. I tried to tolerate and suppress my anger, but I couldn’t. So after that incident, I ignored you, hoping that you’d be happy with Gikwang. But after these weeks, I realized I miss you, a lot. Every day, you’ll be the first thing on my mind when I wake up, and the last before I sleep,” he explained.

“You’re selfish, you know that?” I answered with tears rolling down my cheeks.

“I know. I’m sorry. Forgive me, please? Can we go back to the way we used to be?” He asked sincerely after kneeling on the floor in front of me, holding my hands.

“No, I don’t want to go back to the way we used to be,” I responded.

As I saw him holding his head down, I got guilty as well. I didn’t like seeing him like that. Then I held his chin up and pressed my lips against his. At first he was surprised, but seconds later I felt his response.  

“I want us to be more than just best friends, can we?” I confessed after we parted.

Without saying anything more, Minhyuk crashed his lips against mine and I felt the both of us smiling in between.