Life before we met...

Madly

4 Years Ago

Choi Mina, 16, came back from studying abroad in Osaka, Japan. When she was 11, she was sent there to be more independent. Korean air greeted her. The smell of her childhood.

"Welcome back to Korean Mina-agassi. Please come this way," her family driver greeted her. Five years since they last met, driver Shim looked no older than before. Around fifty, he had a wife and two kids so his job as the Choi's family driver was crucial to him in order to keep a roof over their heads.

"Long time no see Shim driver!" Mina quickly hugged him and walked toward the car. 

Many things about Seoul had changed. There were cooler buildings she would have to check out some other time. Department stores everywhere and billboards of Kpop singers she barely knew took up most of the space. All department stores reminded her of were the times her mum took her shopping which made her so bored she fell asleep on the floor.

When she got home, no one was there. "Home sweet home" she mumbled and looked around the simple but modern lounge room. One side was occupied completely by her father's trophies. He was a golf champion; not that well known but still a champion. He also owned a golf attire business handed down over generations.

"Your parents are out having lunch with old friends," Mr Shim informed. Mina pouted. Their one and only daughter was coming back, yet they were out.

She began by exploring upstairs. The corridors were filled with photos. Most were embarrasing photos of her childhood self.

A loud click sounded at the front door. Mina's head immediately turned. "Mom! Dad!"

 

****

Wu Fan looked through the audience of family and friends once more but his father wasn't anywhere... Or perhaps he was short sighted...

His father had promised to attend his guaduation from a whole year ago. Mr Wu was always a man who kept to his words; and that was what made him such a respected and successful businessman.

"-And that concludes this years Gangnam boy's academy guaduation ceremony," the teacher boomed through the microphone.

His grademates ran down to meet their parents. There were a few "Hi"s and "Bye"s and "See you later"s from his friends.

However no matter how long he waited his father wouldn't appear.

He lost all his hope. Then his phone started to vibrate. With his highschool diploma and other high school memories in one hand, he reached for the phone.

"Young master, please wait at Gangnam academy's east gate. I'll be there in 5," was all that was said before he hung up.

Kris recognised it as his driver. In a little shorter than 5 minutes, the white BMW entered the parking lot.

Mr Lee didn't bother opening the car door for him, "Please get into the car quickly."

Driver Lee was a rather cheery lad most of the time but right now, his serious expression made Kris unable to speak.

"So... What's up?" Kris glanced nervously at the older man.

All he got was a two word reply, "Seoul Hospital."

He lifted an eyebrow,"What about the hospital? Did I accidentally get some girl pregnant? I'm being completely truthful; I haven't met a girl sinc-"

"Wu Fan," his driver called sternly, "It's not a time to joke. Your father, Wu Xin is in emergency hospital and as far as I heard, it doesn't sound like a funny situation.

 

 

 

So... a snippet of the life of the two main characters. 

Thanks to bananatofucheesecake, StarryHwang and wish_with_me9. Gomawo for reading!!!!