Challenge Accepted

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai was sound asleep, covered beneath warm and comfy blankets. You wrapped your arms around your knees and rested your head on it. What was sleep anyways? It didn’t make much sense to you why humans slept, but your eyes were getting so heavy.

 You shook your head a few times to get the weird drowsy feeling out of your system. You didn’t think sleep was something you could do, so you stayed up all night listening to your growling stomach angrily beating you inside out.

Will you be quiet?!

It was starting to make you feel ill and weak. Even more, you were bored and hated the dark; wishing the sun will soon rise so you wouldn’t be so alone. You glanced over to Kai sleeping comfortably. When he wasn’t running that mouth of his, he actually looked quite alright. His face was calm and not angry. Maybe he even appeared a bit more handsome than you had thought.

Tsk…noway.

You looked out the window into the night sky and barely saw any stars. You thought about ways to find your past, your name, and how you died. Also, you needed to keep track of the days which were given to you. Sora said this will all come naturally to me. That means I needn’t to search hard for it—

GRRRRHAGGGGAAA…..GRRRRHAAGAA

You placed both hands on your noisy stomach. What in the world is wrong with you? It was loud enough to wake up the neighborhood. You winched hoping it wouldn’t wake up the arrogant human boy who was beginning to stir.

A few more hours went by….

Exhaustion took over as you leaned your back on the wall. Your head pressed against it tiredly and you blinked blankly at nothing in particular. You were dazed out and had no energy to even move. The sun was peaking over the horizon already, but you were in no right mind to feel happy about it when your stomach wouldn’t give you peace.

Out of nowhere, a pillow flew and hit you in the head.

“What the—”                                                                           

You grabbed it and looked up to see Kai sitting up in bed. His messy bed head hair covered half his face and his eyes were barely opened. He didn’t look very happy.

“W-what was that for?!” You tossed the pillow back onto the bed without standing up.

“It was a mistake to have you stay inside. Did you know how annoying your stomach was last night?” Kai’s deep morning voice showed no sign of emotion. “I couldn’t sleep because of you.”

“What do you mean you couldn’t sleep? If the house was on fire, you wouldn’t even know. That’s how dead you were.” You argued and he glared at you sleepily. It was ineffective.

“So you’ve been watching me the entire night?” He lifted an eyebrow. “You know, that’s inappropriate right? It violates our second condition.”

“You wish.” You rolled your eyes and chortled. “But it definitely is inappropriate for me to see you sleep like a pig.”

Kai threw the pillow back at you and you caught it this time. Tsk. He swung his leg off the bed and got up. You stood up immediately and looked at him curiously.

“What are we doing today?” You trailed after him to the bathroom. He stopped and you slammed into his back.

“Stop following me. You’re already breaking our third cond

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter