Reckless Kai

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Morning light shone through the window and attacked Kai’s sleeping figure. He stirred grudgingly and tried to open his heavy eyelids amid very lazy effort. With eyes still securely shut, he turned slightly and winced from the ache on his back that he received due to the hard living room floor.

Intuitively, he trailed his hand blindly across the blanket to the space next to him; unconsciously tracing for your presence. He realized that he had begun doing this a lot lately every time he woke up. Somehow, he just wanted to make sure you were still there to complete his morning. 

Last night after he had talked you into going back to bed, he secretly watched you fall soundly asleep beside him. Kai recalled your soft breathings and how you cuddled your blanket protectively. A smile formed across his attractive face thinking about the way you snuggled into your pillow like a baby.

Kai’s fingers leisurely grazed the cotton fabric of your covers and tried to steal a touch of your skin. He bit his lip and moved deeper into the blanket until he realized that there was actually no one there. His brows twitched as he opened his eyes; immediately becoming alert to your absence once again.

Where did that pig go?

He sat up and ruffled his messy hair before taking Sehun’s leg off of him. His friends were still dead to the world, so he assumed it was quite early. He turned his head to look at their messy sleeping positions and scoffed lowly.

 As he began to lie back down to catch another hour of sleep, he swore he saw something too familiar at the corner of his eyes that was buried and lost between male forms. Kai’s jaw dropped to the floor recognizing at once who it was. A-Ah Ri?!

You were snoozing cutely away, squished in the middle of D.O and Baekhyun. You had your back D.O who was so close to you that it looked as if he was spooning you. Because of the little space they gave you, your face was pressed against Baekhyun’s chest with your head tucked under his chin.

Kai felt an invisible blow to his guts and he choke for air. What. The. . Is. This? When the hell—No, how the hell did she get over there?! Fuming, he scrambled to his feet and instantly yanked the blankets off of everyone. He saw how you winced to the sudden cold and regretted doing that.

“Everyone up.” Kai demanded. No one moved nor opened their eyes. “Yah! GET YOUR ASSES UP!”

“What’s your problem Kai?” Suho whined, but remained the way he was.

Kai saw how D.O, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun pretended to be asleep the whole time but their devious smiles were not unnoticeable. The way Baekhyun purposely didn’t move and how his hidden smirk played across his lips were just too clear that they did this deliberately. s. 

“It’s too early for you to be yelling…shut uuuup.” Sehun kicked the air.

Kai ignored him and bent down to get you. He felt bad for having to pry you away from your sleep, but he wasn’t going to just stand there and pretend everything was fine when he clearly was not fine himself.

She could sleep through a bomb, this fatty.

 Although you were still half asleep, he forcefully grabbed your arm and pulled you to sit up as he pushed both Baekhyun and D.O away from you.

“Time to get up.” Kai knelt in front of you and swept your messy hair away from your face, hoping that it would somehow awaken you. Your eyes were still close, but you were irritated for being woken up in such an annoying way. You grimaced and swatted Kai’s hand tiredly.

“Go away.” You grumbled and pulled the cover back over you. Kai also held tightly to them, not allowing you to. He grasped your wrist and shook his head.

“You pig.” He gently pinched your nose. “If you get up now, I’ll buy you something really good to eat.”

Why did you have to be so weak when it came to food? Without another thought, you immediately opened your eyes and became alert.

You looked at Kai with seriousness. “Don’t you lie…”

“I’m not, so get up.” Kai pulled on you.

Nodding, you flipped the blanket off of you and rubbed your eyes. Once you were wide awake, you realized that something was off. Your body stiffened as you looked around you. This isn’t the spot I slept on last night.

“What am I doing here?” You cocked your head at Kai, dumbfounded.

Aish, you clueless pabo.

“I could ask you the same thing.” Kai rolled his eyes. “But I’m assuming you had a good sleep since you didn’t wake up killing those two.” He pointed to D.O and Baekhyun.

You reddened drastically as you jumbled to your feet. “This is weird I don’t remember—”

“Just go get ready.” Kai cut you off. 

You frowned, feeling the need to clear this misunderstanding up.

“I know where I slept last night and it wasn’t here.” You let out an irritated huff. “You don’t believe me do you?”

“Go.” Kai pointed upstairs. “Your bag should be in Suho’s room.”

You pouted and headed towards the stairs with your mind still in confusion. I’m going to go crazy.

Kai watched you stomped upstairs and when he heard the door to Suho’s room shut, he instantly averted his attention to his soon to be ex-friends.

“There better be some explaining.” He glared at them.

“I seriously had nothing to do with this.” Suho sat up and rubbed his eyes.

“Baek, you .” Kai slightly kicked him to get up. “Don’t fool around like that. I know this was all your idea.”

A small chuckle left Baekhyun’s lips and he forced his eyes open. “Well, I wasn’t t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter