Unforgiven

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A mixture of blood and water surged down the drain while you splashed your face with cold water. First day of school and you were already made into a laughing stock. To say the least, you were indeed humiliated, but overall, more disappointed in Kai.

What’s the point of being here anyways? I don’t need this bullshiet right now.

 If you had expected that to back you up, you were asking for a miracle to happen. Maybe it was the wrong decision to have come down to earth after all. From what Kai did to you back there, he doesn’t deserve to change his life for the better nor get a second chance to redeem himself.

So be it if he wanted to be a jerk his entire life because you could care less. Right now, all you wanted was for Sora to bring down the latter so you can climb your way back home. Home. Where is home actually? You were stuck in the middle of a desert and wherever you went was unreachable.

You cursed underneath your breath at the stinging sensation from your partially busted lip, bruised cheek, slightly burnt arm, and of course, an almost broken nose. It seemed like the bleeding wasn’t going to stop anytime soon. You touched the blood and stared at it for a good few minutes, awed by the dark red color and iron smell. It was the total opposite of Angels’ blood.

Just great. You looked at yourself in the mirror and saw nothing, but horror. A nasty odor from all the wasted food that decorated your uniform was roughly unbearable. Your tarnished clothes clearly visible to the eyes how tattered it was and you knew that the stain wouldn’t come off. Now, you were going to have to wear that for the rest of the school year.

~~~

After you gave up trying to get all the rice out of your extremely tangled hair, you decided to bear with it and go back to class. As you walked out of the restroom, an unwanted figure stood by the brick wall. Seeing that he was waiting for someone, you made a face and turned towards the opposite direction. Quickening your pace, you walked straight ahead, but he has already spotted you.

“Hey!” Luhan shouted out to you. “Wait up!”

Pretending like you didn’t hear anything, you continued to speed walk down the hall, anger boiling inside of you. If he was there to provoke you again, you swear to all mighty Sora that you’ll turn yourself in to the devil after you’ve killed him. Besides, you were now just waiting to get your hands on Kai before you ripped his head off as well. Now was NOT the time to mess with you.

Luhan jogged up to you and gently grasped your forearm to stop you. His eyes wondered to your bruised face and reddened nose as he stood in front of you. “Are you…..ok?” He reached out his hand towards the small wound on your cheek.

 Immediately, you pulled away before he could even touch you. You glared at him as you took several steps back. Luhan noticed your uncomfortable reaction and his expression fell. Who could blame you if you despised him?

“Look, I—”

“You got what you wanted, so leave me alone.” You cut him off. Your voice was harsh and astringent.

“I didn’t want that to happen.” He found himself shamefully trying to persuade you. “Really.”

Take your regrets somewhere else because you're not forgiven. “Sure, ok.” You looked away and began to walk ahead. Truthfully, you didn’t feel like wasting your breath arguing with someone who obviously had a great laugh out of you and he was now pretending to be a saint.

The little response of yours somewhat dissatisfied him greatly. Luhan found himself wanting badly to explain everything to you. He never thought of hurting you physically, but knowing that he caused this incident to occur, he felt responsible. The King of this school for the first time was worried and he just wanted to make sure you were at least alright.

Without thinking, he seized your hand and pulled you back instinctively. The coldness of your skin against the warmth of his collided and both of your body temperature balanced together. Your muscles tensed as you whirled back around uncontrollably. Goose bumps arose over your pale baby soft skin at the touch of his hand on you, a feeling in which you’ve long lost since death.

You gasped and out stretched an arm quickly to place your hand on the lockers in order to brace yourself from crashing into Luhan. He immediately caught you by the waist and draped an arm swiftly behind you to bring you to halt. Every ounce of blood in your system rose to your cheeks as your body froze in place; just inches away from his.

Surprised by his own actions, Luhan gulped and stared down at you. Your eyes were shut tightly while you held in your breath undeniably afraid of his touch. Still having a bit of awareness, you instantly looked up, meeting his inexplicable marbled auburn eyes filled with so much darkness. He too, gazed down at you as if reading your mind.

Like lightning struck, an electrifying pain shot through your body and trekked rapidly to your brain. You staggered backward, both of your hands clutched tightly to your head. A soft, yet agonizing screech escaped your lips and your legs began to tremble.

“Hey…hey.” Luhan whispered stepping up to you. He worriedly looked at you and hastily put his hand under your arm when you swayed slightly.

Unclear images of unrecognizable faces flickered riotously like a film in your mind. The sound of high pitch ringing pierced your ears when you tried desperately to recover those images and make out what you were trying to see. To no avail were you able to control them. The blinding flashes and throbbing in your head continue as you winced, falling to your knees.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan became anxious seeing that you were losing it. He bent down to catch you before you fell to the floor. The way you bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter