A promise is a promise

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a hot shower, you felt a lot better. You stepped out of the tub, wrapped your hair in a towel and slipped on your pajamas. You stared at yourself in the mirror, trying hard to recall every bit of the memory you had collected. Why Luhan was always the person you saw in those memories remained a mystery.

Luhan left….he left me. He Ignored me. Why?

That memory was left unfinished and you didn’t know what happened afterwards. Where you saved? Did Luhan come back for you? You began realizing that maybe Luhan was part of your past. Every time a flashback occurred, he was there. Every time something went wrong, he was also there. He was the one who always show up.

 

It explained the haunted feelings you received every time he was near you. Luhan was a sign. Maybe he knew the answers to your past. You shuddered at the scene that occurred with Chung Ho and the images of the past that was almost the same. You slapped a hand over your forehead; a huge headache growing.

 

Just give it a rest...everything will be fine. He can’t possibly know.

 

If Luhan knew who you are, he would have definitely confronted you already. Besides, you still weren’t able to retrieve your notebook and that was the only thing you were concerned about. What If someone found it? You'd definitely be dead. 

 

~~~

 

 “Are you sure you’re ok?” Kai sat on the floor next to you with the box of first aid kit. “Because we could go to the hospital and—”

 

“No, I’m fine.” You shook your head and grabbed the kit from him. You took out a few bandages, cleaning alcohol, and ointment.

 

Kai’s shoulders slumped seeing the crack in the middle of your bottom lip; dried blood coated it. Although your face looked livelier, he was still worried. To say the least, he was probably more traumatized then you were.

 

“You’re not hurt….are you?” Kai searched you.

 

You rolled your eyes and stopped him. “For the hundredth time, no. Chung Ho didn’t have a chance. You should have seen his face when you broke into the classroom.” You forced a laugh which Kai found the least bit amusing.

 

You cleared your throat. “Don’t worry….I’m not hurt, but you are.” You snickered disapprovingly at his busted knuckles and placed his hand on your lap so you could clean it up.

 

“W-Wait—ow!” Kai protested as you began cleaning his cuts with the alcohol.

 

“Aye! Watch it-ow! Too rough!" He winced and sneered at you.

 

"Don't be such a baby!" You made a face and wrapped the bandage over his hand. "Who asked you to hurt yourself huh?"

 

Kai gawked at you. "Are you seriously asking me that??"

 

You thinned your lips and shrugged. Kai grew irritated by your calm yet clueless act.

 

You carefully smooth out the corner of the bandage before pinning it to place. With a satisfied smiled, you examined his hand.

 

“Ah Ri…” Kai said your name and it almost gave you chills. Somehow, it was different; the name that he had given you at an impulse seemed to be imprinting into more than ever. You had become immune to it.

 

Han Minah

 

Your real name was a stranger to you. What would Kai think if you told him? In a way, you thought about sharing every bit of your feelings with him, but a part of you was hesitant about it. After all, he’s the only person in your life that you could confide in.

 

“You don't think Luhan did anything too horrible to Chung Ho, do you?"

 

Kai had to hold back his growl because you were being an absolute idiot. Now wasn't the damn time to think about Chung Ho’s safety yet here you were wondering if he's alright. 

 

This pig definitely doesn’t know what holding a grudge is.

 

"Chung HO's probably on his way to the devil’s play pen right now." Kai replied bluntly and you gave him a horrified look. "Why? You want to save him?" He asked, annoyed.

 

"No!" You avoided his eyes. Sheesh, what’s with him?

 

"Yeah right..." He scoffed angrily. “I hope you didn't already forget about what he did to you like...only two hours ago!"

 

"Of course I didn't forget!" You groaned. "I just don't want him dead or anything. I can get into serious trouble for it too."

 

"Ok, now you’re being really ridiculous.” Kai shook his head displeased. “I probably should really teach you the laws of this country again. For instance, the victim of an attempted does NOT get in trouble."

 

"I'm talking about up there." You pointed up towards the ceiling with your index finger. "You see, I may be human, but this is only temporary and I can't be the cause of another person’s death. Even if it wasn't my fault, I'm supposed to stay out of trouble."

 

Kai rubbed his face. "Who's in charge of you? Let me speak to that person.  They obviously don't understand the lives of humans and how unexpected things happen because life’s a and death

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter