Apology

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Beware: EXTREMELY LONG CHAPTER & NOT EDITED. 

 

 

 

“Is she going to be ok?” Luhan asked the nurse once she allowed him back into the room.

“She was in tremendous pain, but I gave her some medication so she’ll be alright. For now, she'll have to stay here for a while until her pain subsides.” The kind nurse pulled a blanket over your sleeping figure as she explained to Luhan. “You can stay with her for a bit, but you must return to class soon.” She smiled before leaving him alone with you.

Luhan sat down on the chair beside your bed and brushed the strands of hair away from your face. He gladly took this chance to study every inch of your feature. Why had it taken him so long to figure out that you were his Minah? He should have noticed the moment he first laid eyes on you.

Everything about you was the splitting image of the only person he gave his heart to. He thought maybe he wanted to erase you so badly from his mind that he couldn't accept your sudden appearance. If he had not found your notebook, he wouldn't have given a thought that you were indeed the girl he couldn't forget. 

Because who would ever believe that coming back from the dead was even possible?

He had missed you so much ever since you left. Even though you were right before his eyes this very moment, he still missed you—he missed hearing your voice and your sweet laughter. He missed your shyness and the way you always called his name with affection. To him, you were like a baby taking first steps at everything that was new; learning how to smile, laugh, and cry. Every time you saw him, you were scared to meet his gaze, but he had taught you not to be afraid of him. That's when you learned to talk and opened up to him and he too, grew to love you more than his heart has ever given to anyone.

But then you left just as quickly as the first raindrop you both saw together that year; the very same day you had passed away. So soon and unfair yet he had no one to blame but himself for your death.

However, that was all a long time ago and it was getting harder for Luhan to keep you in his heart forever. He could barely reminisce the way you smiled at him anymore and your soft spoken voice that he loved to hear was disappearing as well. Even if you came back now, you came back a different person with no memories of him. The shy and fragile Minah was now a tough and fearless Ah Ri who gave no one a chance and didn't allow anyone into her life besides Kai.

It hurt too much to the point he wanted to selfishly expose the truth to you. But then he knew—he knew you wouldn't be able to comprehend it all at once and perhaps would only drive you farther away. Luhan loved you too much to force it on to you. He'll just have to be patient and wait a little longer. Like before, you’re once again taking baby steps; trying to figure out yourself and the cruel truth. In desperate hope, he wanted you to regain it back slowly and willingly so that when you do remember him, you'll remember the tremendous love he gave you  and not only the equal amount of pain that followed.

Luhan stared at you and he sighed in contentment. You haven’t awoken since you passed out in the hallway and he had effortlessly carried you to the nurse’s office in raging panic. It was the first time in a long time that he’s seen you this way and still, he was worried to death.

He clearly recalled that day long ago when you were in this much pain and he was beyond petrified. It was the time he promised to keep you safe and protect you even if you didn’t need him to.

 

 Luhan smiled vaguely to himself when memories flowed through his mind like a film without sound...

It became an unusual daily routine for Luhan to always be in search of the girl who found a way to make him feel like he had something to live for. The first thing he did that morning when he got too school was look for you and of course, he knew you were indeed hiding from him again.

*It’s not like I’m going to eat her alive! Damnit Minah, stop being such a scaredy cat.* Luhan walked swiftly down the hall and checked all classrooms he suspected you could possibly be in, but surprisingly, you weren’t anywhere to be found. He ran his fingers through his tousled ginger hair and scowled irritably.

He needed to see your face in order to start off the day properly. When he peered through the classrooms you were in charge of cleaning, he noticed that you had already wiped off the dirty chalkboards and took down the chairs that stacked on top of the desks. The tall glass windows that went up to the ceilings were spotless and the floor was squeaky clean.

*Didn’t I tell her to wait for me? I swore I made myself clear when I told her not to do it alone. That little monster.*

“Looking for the mute girl again?” One of his friends suddenly appeared out of the blue.

Luhan turned around and gave him a loathsome glare. “Call her that again and I’ll make sure you stay mute until the day you die, Chen.”

“Geeze, chill the hell out dude…” He put up his hand in defense. “Didn’t mean to offend you.”

Luhan ignored him and began walking down the hall with Chen following from  behind. His annoying voice began ranting non-stop the entire time. “Aren’t you getting a bit too attached to her? You know her reputation isn’t gonna do you any good right? There’s a rumor going around school…and you’re part of it LuLu…”

“Shut the up Chen.” Luhan barked. “Whoever sent you to nag at me needs to get a life—you need to get a life.”

“Did you just tell me to get a life?” Big and mighty Kris appeared next to him with a displeased expression.

 

“Were you the one who sent him?” Luhan jabbed his thumb towards a sheepish looking Chen.

 

“Maybe…” Kris raised an eyebrow.

“Then yes, go get a life.”

 

“Whatever.” Kris shrugged. “I’m only warning you since you already know how gossip goes around here. Once it gets to Hee Jin, you’re pretty much screwed cuz’ if your dad finds out through her—” he cuts his throat with his thumb. “—you’re dead.”

Luhan’s train of thoughts of you vanished instantly when Hee Jin’s name was mentioned. As a matter of fact, she was probably looking for him right now too. Why did his mornings have to be so difficult?

Couldn’t he just do what he wanted to without anyone getting in his way? Besides, this would be much easier if you’d stop being so afraid of him. Just looking for you was worse than finding Waldo and he has no idea how you were so good at avoiding him.

“Thanks for the reminder guys, but I’m entitled to my own life and no one has the right to tell me what to do.”

Chen swung his arm around Luhan’s neck. “Are you sure about that?”

“Why?”

“Because…here comes the bride—” Chen sang loud and proud. “—here comes the BRIIIDE!!”

Luhan looked in the direction his friend was staring at and no doubt, it was Hee Jin. She was talking to her group of friends when she spotted him at the corner of her eyes. Chen wolf whistled and nudged Luhan in the rib harshly when she began to walk towards them. Kris rolled his eyes and walked away while pulling Chen along by his collar.

“Catch you later, Lu.” He waved and slightly turned around to give him a slight hint. “…If you’re still dying to see that girl, I might look in the gym if I were you.”

Chen laughed and put two thumbs up. If he hadn’t taken off so quickly, Luhan would have smacked him hard in the head already. Why didn’t they tell him earlier that they saw you? Now he had to talk his way out of taking Hee Jin to her classroom.

s…I’ll have to remind Xiumin and Lay to kill them for me.

“Hey Lu…” Hee Jin stopped in front of him with bright smile. “I’ve been looking for you.”

“Have you?” He ruffled his hair lightly. “Sorry…”

“That’s ok. Let’s go to class.” She placed her hand under his arm so they could go together. Luhan reluctantly obliged.

“Are you free tonight?” Hee Jin suddenly asked. He paused for a second before answering, “I’m not sure…is there something you need?”

 

“My parents want to have dinner with you and your father. You could make it right?” Her hopeful eyes made his heart waver a little.

“I…” He bit his tongue and hesitated about giving her the answer she wanted to hear. “Hee Jin…I have to go somewhere right now. You’ll be ok going to class alone today right? I’ll catch you later! Bye!”

Luhan quickly left before he was held back by her. If there was anyone he was most afraid of, it was probably Hee Jin because she had that power to make him change his mind even if his heart didn’t feel content about it. Luhan knew his future was Hee Jin, but that was out of his own will and he never agreed to be with her. He just had to go along with the forced decision to make the people around him happy.

Putting his aggravating thoughts aside, he headed straight for the gym silently hoping that Chen and Kris weren’t just trolling with him when they said to check there if he wanted to see you. He hurriedly pushed through the large doors and began to look around for you at once.

*She better be here…* Luhan peered behind the bleachers first. You were such an odd person and he found you in the weirdest of places sometimes. Unfortunately, you weren’t there either and his heart sort of sank to the bottom of his stomach.

 

“We won’t hurt you unless you talk. Simple enough right?”

“We want you to talk, mute girl!”

“Open your en mouth and say something, you freak! Do it!”

“We’ll even pay you to speak up! Come on! Let us hear your dumb voice!”

           

Luhan heard several suspicious loud voices and immediately followed it. When he got to where a large crowd was gathered, he began to panic. His heart raced and his blood boiled at the scene before his eyes.

 

“Shiet! What did you do to her!”

“I didn’t do anything! She fell on her own!”

“Oh my god…is she dead?!”

 

Luhan furiously pushed his way through the people who surrounded a figure in which he prayed wasn’t the girl he was looking for. “Get the hell out of me way!” He shouted angrily and they all scattered to the side.

There lied before him was the last person he wanted it to be. Encircling you were a few abhorrent animals who thought they could get away with this. “You en s.” Luhan growled and ambled angrily towards them. He wasted no time knocking out the male student

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter