Fighting for who

Guardian of an Obnoxious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Warning: Long Chapter ahead!

 

 

Why is Hee Jin here at this hour?

 

You contemplated for awhile, unsure whether you wanted to go inside the house or not. You thought they probably needed some  time alone  together, so you decided to stay outside for now. Besides, you felt rather bad that Kai couldn’t spend time with Hee Jin because of you. Apparently, she must have felt the same way since she came looking for him so late.

 

Rubbing your cold hands together, you stood in front of the metal gate and allowed your mind to drift off elsewhere. The first person that made their way into your thoughts was none other than…

 

Luhan. LUHAN.

 

You scoffed thinking about how stupid you were acting around him earlier. You were being way too obvious and he was sure to become suspicious of you soon. Inevitably, that boy haunted you in such a mystifying way. You just couldn’t figure out what his true motives were and his reason for desperately wanting to be closer to you.

 

You knew running away from Luhan was cowardly. Recalling what Sora had advised you, she told you to get to know him better and the people around you. Even then, you had no idea why your heart wouldn’t allow you to even look him in the eyes. You couldn’t tell whether you were just avoiding the situation or you were actually afraid of the truth you might find if you did open up to him.

 

Luhan isn’t normal…he probably knows that I’m not even real. I could tell by the way he stares at me.

 

You leaned tiredly against the gate in exasperation. No, I’m just over thinking. Luhan can’t possibly know, it’s impossible.

 

With your cheeks puffed in annoyance, you crossed your arms and gazed up into the night sky. All of your worries made their way back into your heart once again. It wasn’t easy being an angel, yet it’s ten times harder pretending to be human. You weren’t fit for this and all the responsibilities that you had vowed to take over.

 

At first, you thought a year was more than enough for you to fulfill your duties, but now that you began counting the days, you realized that you had done nothing productive (besides fighting with Kai) in the past three months that you’ve been on earth. You had become completely side tracked from the things you were supposed to find.

 

This isn’t good. I’m starting to lose focus on myself. Kai’s taking up most of my time, school and work is getting in my way as well. Three months has gone by, half a school year almost over with, winter’s already here and I haven’t even—

 

“Yah.”

 

You jumped and clasped both hands over your mouth to stop from screaming. Holy cow. You whipped around and glared at the human who had startled you.

 

"Why are you so jumpy?" Kai raised an eyebrow. A small smirk formed across his attractive face at the way you appeared so frightened and angry.

 

You bit the inside of your cheeks and frowned. "What do you want, human?"

 

Kai seemed to be amused by your question. He began walking up to you in quick perfect strides that you had no time to react before he got extremely close to you. You held in your breath when Kai stood only inches away; leaning down so near that your personal space was entirely invaded.

 

"I want you." His eyes looked a bit teasing, yet serious. The hair at the back of your neck stood up when his warm breath brushed  your skin. Your eyes widened and you immediately place your hand against his chest to prevent him from getting any closer to you. A shaky gasp left your lips as you turn your head to the side embarrassedly.

 

Kai chuckled and refused to move. Truthfully, he hadn’t intended to say it that way, but his ego got the better of him. Plus, seeing you confused and flustered was his favorite thing of all.

 

“Are you actually blushing?” He chuckled huskily. 

 

“W-What—no…no I’M NOT! Move it, you moron!” You huffed and pushed him aside. Blushing?! In your dreams!.....It’s dark...he can’t see me right? Stupid idiot.

 

You cupped your hot cheeks and attempted to leave when Kai grabbed hold of your arm to stop you. He turned you back around and stared at you gently with pleading eyes. Your hands dropped immediately to your side at the way he looked so solemn.

 

“Wh-What’s wrong?” You questioned worriedly.

 

Kai bit his bottom lip, his brows creased inwards as he held onto your shoulders gently. “Ah Ri-ah….”

 

“H-Huh?” You stuttered; then gulped. He had never said your name as soft as he did now and that short of scared you.

 

“I need your help.” Kai gazed into your eyes.

 

You blinked at the human boy and began to smile cunningly. “What? You’re asking for my help? The almighty-cold hearted-I’m all that-don’t with me Prince, is asking for MY help?”

 

Kai gave you a smudge look before rolling his eyes. “Are you going to or not?”

 

“Depends….” You crossed your arms. “Why do you suddenly need my help?”

 

If this is for Hee Jin, you better not dare ask—

 

“It’s about Hee Jin.”

 

I en knew it.

 

 “She’s sleeping over.” Kai added hesitantly, but ever so shyly. It was quite disturbing to see him so nervous and giddy over something…or someone. “J-Just for tonight though. She’s having a bit of family problem.”

 

You stared up at him and watched how hopeful he looked in front of you; as if he wanted your permission, yet at the same time not sure what you would say. However, you knew you couldn’t refuse him nor have the audicity stop him whatsoever. It wasn’t like he knew you had an off feeling about the girl he liked so much and you weren’t planning to tell him anytime soon.

 

“And you need my help because?” You raised an eyebrow at him. “I mean...it’s your house, do whatever you want to.”

 

“You’re right.” Kai chortled and ruffled the back of his hair. He forcefully pulled you along with him and you reluctantly obeyed, not having the slightest clue what you were about to get yourself into.

 

 

“So you want me to give her some of my clothes to change into?” You gawked slightly as you both reached the house. “Why couldn’t you have done that yourself?”

 

Kai sighed and held your wrist tightly to prevent you from entering. “What do you want me to do? Let her find out that we sleep together in the same room? Your clothes are in my room, are they not?”

 

“What’s the difference?” You argued back irritably. “I’m going to have to go into your room to get my clothes anyways.”

 

“Are you stupid?!” Kai hissed after you as you broke free from his grip and walked quickly through the door. The warm temperature inside relaxed your bitter cold body at once.

 

“I’ll distract her while you get some clothes. What will she think of me if she finds out we aren’t related?”

 

“We’re not actually.” You scoffed on your way towards the stairs. “You should really hear yourself talk. You sound so ridiculous right now.”

 

Kai glared into the back of your head and was about to make a comeback at your snarky comment when Hee Jin suddenly appeared.

 

“H-Hello…Ah Ri...” Hee Jin bit her lip. “I’m sorry about bothering you and Kai tonight….I hope you don’t mind—”

 

“Not at all.” You assured her with a smile. “Besides, it’s Kai’s house anyways. I’m sure he’s more than happy to have you here, so make yourself comfortable.”

 

“Yah...pig.” Kai whispered harshly and pinched your side. You were making him look like an absolute fool in front of Hee Jin. He didn’t want her to know he had feelings for her more than she had feelings for him, but you were making it way too obvious.

 

You gritted your teeth angrily and faked a grin on your face as you tried not to wince at his fingers squeezing a small part of your meat. You immediately swung your right arm behind your back and grasped onto his hand.

 

Go to hell, Kai. You’re asking for my fist, aren’t you?

 

Without making things noticeable to Hee Jin, you swiftly twisted his fingers as hard as you could. Kai’s jaws dropped when pain struck through his bones, but he remained completely still while you continued to talk casually with his crush.

 

“Kai LOVES having guests over so don’t be sorry. Stay here and I’ll go grab you a set of clothes to change into.” You chuckled happily; not because Hee Jin was going to find out about Kai’s gigantic love for her, but the fact that your pabo human was silently dying from agony.

 

You turned around to face Kai with your hands still not letting go of his poor red fingers. He was of course cursing you with his eyes while smiling. “Keep Hee Jin company ok, Jonginee?” You whispered his name ever so softly, adding in a hint of mischievousness. You gradually released your hold on his hand and treaded towards his room in triumph.

 

 If you even dare to look behind you, you’d notice a pair of killer eyes. Kai will just have to kill me later. You tilt your head back and chortled loudly once you disappeared from their view.

He didn’t scare you one bit.

 

 

You have to be shieting me right now. When did he—how could he—why was I not informed about this earlier?!

 

You gaped spitefully at Kai and fought the biggest urge to beat the living hell out of him. Utterly appalled by this human of yours, you angrily bumped into him and walked over to Hee Jin who was standing beside the bed in the guest room.

 

I repeat GUEST ROOM.

 

Kai rubbed the back of his neck nervously and tried to avoid your deadly stare. Of course he knew what was running through your head right now and could only hope that you would understand him later when he explains. There was a really good reason why he never told you he had a spare room.

 

“Are you sure it’s alright for me to sleep in here?” Hee Jin looked at you first then at Kai. “Where will Ah Ri sleep if I take the guest room?”

 

“Oh don’t worry…” You waved your hand. “I sleep in Kai’s b—”

 

“—LIVING ROOM!!” Kai interrupted and shoved you harshly. He cleared his throat loudly, “She sleeps in the living room…right Ah Ri?” He nudged you with a forced smile.

 

“R-Right!” You laughed dryly. If it wasn’t for that little , you could have let everything slip. “It’s a lot better for me to sleep out there because I get really hot at night.”

 

Hee Jin nodded and you heard Kai let out a breath of relief that she bought your lie.

 

“I don’t have anything fancy. I hope you don’t mind?” You handed her the set of clothes and she took it gratefully.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Kai grinned like an idiot when she looked back at him with a shy smile. You had no idea what was up with these two, but you wished they would hurry up and get their secret love over with and just confess already.

 

You quickly excused yourself out of the love sick air and hurriedly, but sneakily went back into Kai’s room to change out of your P.E clothes. You then headed downstairs to the living room where you supposedly belonged.

 

When you reached the bottom of the stairs, you stopped and looked around you. Kai’s house was enormous, but completely empty. No matter how beautiful or big his house was, you didn’t think it came close to a cozy one filled with people you love.

 

Like Suho’s home. You smiled thinking about the time you spent with Kai and his buddies.

 

To say it simply, it felt a tab bit uncomfortable alone in such a vacant place. You didn’t even want to breathe loudly to prevent the echoes. You quickly switched on all the lights and was about to make your way towards the kitchen when a hand suddenly clasped behind your neck causing you to react immediately.

 

Your hand flung upwards and gripped onto Kai’s wrist as you jerked it away from you. You twirled around to face him while twisting his wrist in the process; not giving him any mercy.

 

“OWW!! It’s just me!” Kai yelped painfully. You stared at him highly annoyed before slowly releasing your grip. “Of course it’s you. Who else would be stupid enough to do such a thing?”

 

“You’re so rough.” Kai pinched your right cheek hard. “That’s for what you did upstairs…” He reached for your left cheek this time, “And that's for right now.”

 

“Ow…idiot.” You swatted his hand away and stepped back. “What are you doing here, you deceiving cow.”

 

“Deceiving?” Kai raised up an eyebrow. “Who? Me?”

 

“You!” You pointed your finger at him. “You had a spare room this whole time and you made me suffer these past 3 months sleeping on the hard floor in your r—!”

 

A horrid expression plastered over Kai’s face as his hand flew over your mouth in a split second. He glanced cautiously behind him before pinning you to the wall, his eyes narrowing at you angrily. “Can you keep it down a little? Hee Jin could hear you!”

 

That’s all you ever worry about don’t you? Stupid human boy…

 

You didn’t know why you even brought it up. Heck, you didn’t know why you were so sensitive right now. It definitely wasn’t because Hee Jin was in the house right?  Of course it’s not. I’m not that shallow. However, there was still that pinch in your heart that made you feel uneasiness.

 

“Sorry…” You uttered as you pulled his hand from your mouth. “Forget I said said anything.”

 

“Yah…” Kai pouted with his puppy eyes when you your heels and ignored the way he appeared indisputably adorable because now was definitely not the time to think about his irritating angelic features.

 

*sigh*

 

“Why are you ignoring me now?” Kai followed you quickly, his strides much longer than yours; allowing him to get into step with you very easily. Again, you became extremely irritated that you halted abruptly. Your sudden act caused him to run right into your back. This time, you didn’t even budge.

 

“AISH—what’s your problem, Pig?!” Kai rubbed his aching chin that greeted the back of your head. “And what the hell is your head made out of? I thought it was hollow this entire time!”

 

“Piss off, human…” Your unfriendly tone threw him off at once. He didn’t understand why you were so angry.

 

“Ok..ok…” Kai threw up his hands in defeat. “Your head isn’t hollow—”

 

“Leave me alone Kai. I’m tired.” You sighed as you switch on the kitchen light and walked towards the fridge.

 

“And what if I don’t want to?” Kai smirked.

 

“Whatever…” You muttered unemotionally, but Kai caught it. He didn’t like the way you were acting right now. It wasn’t you because YOU would have put up a fight if he was being annoying.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter