Chapter 3

Lost In The Depths Of My Heart ©

CHAPTER THREE

Still Kikwang’s POV

“In that case, I only have one suggestion. Tutoring.”

“I’m sorry but did I just hear that right? TUTORING? Why would I do that?” Pfft.

“Well, I have a new student who has enrolled, today is her first day. She attended a prestigious university in America, and has a degree in business, and the arts. She is very smart, but because she is new, and may not be up to date with the curriculum in this school, I would like you to tutor her.”

“Excuse me? She sounds pretty impressive to me, but hello? I don’t want to tutor some old hag, who will probably hit on me every three seconds, and besides she has a degree in the arts, she should be fine” Why would I tutor an old hag, who do you think I am? I have a life.

“Language please, Kikwang. I am only asking this of you for a month, she won’t be that much of a hassle. From what I have heard, she is a nice young lady.” Young? She sounds like she’s thirty! Do you even know how long it takes to get a degree, especially in medicine? Have you even met her? Aigoo…

“One month? That long? Must I do this?” Is sighed in disbelief.

“Sadly it’s your only option. Unless you want to do nursing…”

“Fine I’ll do it. Just email me so I know when and where… actually I’ll get Mr Wu to do it…” Since HE won’t forget.

“Another thing. You will be performing at the showcase in a month, with her, I will expect you to do extremely well, since there will be many important people at this showcase.” Showcase? Since when did our school ever have showcases?

“Did you say showcase? We don’t have showcases though…”

“Actually, Kikwang. We started to have showcases since last year, only the few selected students are able to perform. We invite many companies, and they often request to debut many of the students, who perform within the showcase.” Then why have I not heard of it? And more importantly? Why was I not chosen? Urgh.

“Oh…okay then…so when is this showcase?”

“This year, it’s scheduled to be on the 6th of March…”

I picked up my stuff and fled the room immediately after hearing the date, and headed towards the waiting room to tell Mr Wu.  One month, and two days. Won’t this be fun, teaching an old hag. When I walked out, I noticed the girl wasn’t in the waiting room, but I didn’t really are anymore and quickly headed towards my locker.

Jung-Hye’s POV

When I got back to the waiting room, after my toilet break because I had to vomit up the stuff I had ate earlier, since it was persisting to come upstream, I noticed no one was there, so I walked into the headmasters office immediately.

“Annyeong Haseyo, seongsang-nim” I bowed, I didn’t really know what to do though, it was my first time meeting the headmaster, and so I just stood there awkwardly, waiting for instructions that never came.    

Minutes passed, I stood there, watching as the headmaster continued doing whatever he was doing on his laptop before I cleared my throat. The headmaster looked up at me and motioned for me to sit.

“So, you must be Jung-Hye, I’ve heard all about you, such an honour to meet you” I sat, and awkwardly just nodded. What do I say to that? I wondered.

“Your father has enrolled you here, because in order for you to take over his company one day you must first become a successful k-pop star. I have been told you have a degree in the arts, along with some other things. Am I right?” I had nothing to say, so I simply nodded. “Well, you are now a k-pop star in training, and in order for you to become a k-pop star I will be expecting you to do very well in your various classes.” I wonder what classes I have to take. Gosh please, I don’t want to have to take health. I’ve already learnt all that, and I don’t want to have to do through all that crap again.

“Ne. I will try my best seongsang-nim. What classes will I be taking?”

“Your timetable will be given to you by Mr Wu, as well as all your other stuff such as

I had already brought my stuff, my laptop, notebooks your locker number, and ect.” He looked at me for a response, but I had none.”I trust you bought your stuff today for your first day at school?”, and essentials. I just needed my other stuff, which were being sent to my dorm.  “Ne. I did. Where will my dorm be?”

“Your father has requested you live in your own little house on the other side of the campus. That was you will not have to put up with other people distracting you. He has also requested for a full time maid to be there, since I am sure you do not know how to take care of yourself, being rich and all.” Hmph. Sure. Stereotyping me already. I do know how to cook thank you very much.

 “Kamsahamnida. Now, I will be going to my dorm, if you have nothing else…” I began, starting to get out of my seat.

“One last thing, I have requested for you to be tutored, in order for you to keep up with our curriculum in Korea.” Bo? Why? “You will start your tutoring this afternoon, don’t worry I have found a very good tutor, the bets of the best. You will have tutoring sessions every afternoon for two hours; in you practice room, within your house. Is that okay?” No. It was not okay. Why did I need a tutor? Oh well… I will just deal with it.

“Ne. Kamsahamnida. Now I will be going, I will get my stuff from Mr Wu then.” I got up and stepped out of the room, almost bumping into Mr. Wu, since I wasn’t actually paying much attention.

“Annyeong Seongsang-nim” I bowed. ‘Mianhae, but the headmaster said to come to you for my timetable and stuff…”

“Ah. Yes. Here it is, your locker number is no. 1256, I had your textbooks transferred into your house, and another set of your textbooks are in your locker. Now I will bring you to your house.” Mr. Wu led me outside after handing me my time table, which I hadn’t yet had a good look at.  Gosh, I hope the house is nice.

As Mr. Wu lead me outside towards my house, I noticed students peeking through the windows in the buildings looking down at me, it felt weird to be the centre of attention, but I ignored the feeling as I was led to the other side of the campus.

Kikwang’s POV

After heading towards my locker and collecting my PE uniform, I headed towards my first class. When I entered the change rooms, I changed quickly, and entered the soccer field, heading towards my teacher.

“Mianhae Seongsang-nim. I had to see the headmaster.”  The teacher simply nodded once, not taking his eyes off the field and motioned me to join my team. I ran up towards Peniel, and my other friends.

“Guys, what are we playing, who’s winning? Which side is their goal?” I exclaimed, eager to start playing. They all looked at me and patted me on the back, laughing. “Man, chill. We’re winning.”

Jung-Hye’s POV

“Are we almost there?” I asked, as we continued walking. We were walking past a huge soccer field, with a group of males playing soccer on the field. I watched as they all laughed happily, and played.

“No. Not yet, it’s a few meters behind the soccer field, next to the library.” He said, not looking my way, I sighed. This was a long walk. Hopefully it’s not too far from my locker.

I sighed heavily and turned my gaze back to the soccer field. I noticed the boy that came out of the headmaster’s office on the field, laughing with his mates. I wonder who he is…

Minutes later, we arrived at the two storey house. It was very cute, and small. I loved it, two bedrooms, a dance practice room, kitchen, living room, bathroom, a study and even a garage. It was quite cute, it wasn’t too small, and in fact it was quite big. The walls were cream coloured on the outside, and there was a mini garden out the front. I was surprised, it was quite far away from the main campus, and was nearby the smaller of the two libraries on campus. There was even an outdoor pool at the back.

Why is it so big… I didn’t expect this. I won’t be surprised if every person I talked to on this campus said ‘lets have a party at your house’ I sighed.

As I entered after receiving my keys from Mr Wu, I walked into the living room, and kitchen to find the whole house already furnished with luxurious furniture. I sighed, tired of my long walk and immediately headed into my room. The room was decorated with baby blue wallpaper, a huge bed and a walk in closet. It was wonderful. As I continued to stare into my room, and discovered that my clothes were already hung up in the closet, I didn’t notice Mr. Wu was behind me.

“Okay, so have some time and look at you house, it’s quite wonderful I think. I will come get you 10 minutes before second period starts, and I’ll bring you to your class, although you should have a timetable, and map of the school in your study.” I nodded, as Mr Wu walked outside towards his office again.

Gosh. I’m so tired; I’ll just go to sleep. I sighed, and went to sleep on my bed, but not after setting my alarm for half an hour.  I hope I actually wake up on time…

Kikwang’s POV

Even though I had seen her whilst playing soccer, staring at me with those beautiful eyes, I decided to ingnore them, and continued to play, it was only until she had left and itw as my break, did I look back and see her figure walking away, the further she went the more I felt lonier and lonier....

“Man, what are you staring at?” Peniel said behind me. I jumped in fright. That idiot...

Suddenly your phone beeped, you took it out of your pocket... “1 new mesage”

 

 ㄱ

From: Wu seonsang-nim

To: DancerboyAJ

When: February 4th  10:12am

Tutoring starts this afternoon. Every afternoon from 4 – 6

Location: the house at the end of campus. Next to the smaller library.

Be there on time.

The headmaster expects to see a spectacular performance at the next showcase.

There’s a house at the end of campus? Bo?

Suddenly a ball flew by, just hitting your head, relieved but surprised you turned around, but only to be pushed to the ground as Peniel came running up hoping to get the ball. You fell to the ground, as Kikwang toppled over you.

You landed on the soft grass, slightly fortunate, but your head hit something rock hard. A rock. You groaned as a surge of sharp pain went through you, the world out. 

“Kikwang!!”