Chapter 1

Lost In The Depths Of My Heart ©

CHAPTER ONE

Jung-Hye’s POV

Wednesday: February 4th - (2 days after school starts)

As I walked along the stone path leading towards my future, I watched the leaves of the trees nearby float slowly toward the ground, in a swift but slow motion, signalling the beginning of autumn and the start of what was going to be the best time of my life. Whilst I walked along the uneven steps towards to my future academy, I listened quietly to the approaching sounds of the chattering crowds hidden within the tall gates of the academy guarded by tall, muscular bodyguards dressed to kill.

I shivered immensely as the strong gusts of wind blew past me, forcing me to stop in my tracks and hold myself steady as my leg warned me about giving way. As I stood, trying to hold myself steady against the now stronger wind, I heard a soft cry in the distance that seemed to be growing louder by the second. Although my first gut feeling told me to approach the sound, but I stood my ground and continued up the path to the academy silently wanting to feel the warmth of my mother beside me.

Approaching the bodyguards was much more difficult than I had originally planned. As I stepped forward after reaching the top of the hill that lead to the academy, I was immediately blocked by the bodyguards who stood as still as statues by the gates – giving way to nothing. I stood still, knowing my face was probably going pale just looking at them, which wasn’t the worst part, something seemed be to creeping upstream.

“This mustn’t be good” she muttered, as I tried to hold back my vomit.

The bodyguard stood expressionless still as I reached to my stomach and bent over in an attempt to return myself back to normal, and get rid of the unpleasant feeling. Minutes passed as I stood holding my stomach waiting for the bodyguard to notice. Soon the first bell rang for class; I almost missed it because of the loud chattering occurring behind the steel gates, as students began to head into the buildings.

After I finally recovered from my moral dilemma, I stood up straight, and stared into the bodyguard’s eyes, daring him to challenging me, though that had no effect on him, obviously since he didn’t even flinch. Silently, not knowing what to do I decide to hand the body guard my ID, wondering if they would accept it. The bodyguard stared at my ID, I wondered what he was thinking but that brought me into shivers, so I gave up hoping he would open the doors, since I was obviously already late.

When the bodyguards finally opened the door I was so relieved, picking up my bag I began to walk in but stopped to realise the bodyguard had yet to return my ID. I wondered if he was meant to take it, but quickly decided not to worry since I was already late for class. As I finally began to step through the gates, the bodyguards stretched out a large hand each blocking my path into the school. I stared at them wondering what was wrong.

“Who are you and why are you in my way?” I turned to see who spoke, knowing it was definitely not one of the bodyguards, when I turned my eyes, I was staring into a pair of dazzling brown eyes that stared at me with a sense of coldness, I seemed to be captured by the yes then and lost concentration as I continued to stare.

“Are you going to reply, or are you just going to stand there and stand like an idiot?” Finally coming back to reality I shook my hair, my brown hair flying out hitting the guy in the face. Still stumbling, I nervously apologised, before moving out of his way.

As I stepped back I continued to watch him, hoping he wouldn’t notice. I gazed at his facial features wondering how such a creature could exist; he looked so perfect – in fact a bit too perfect. He had a flawless face, the perfect nose, chestnut brown eyes, a tall figure, and a muscular build not to mention his short brown hair that was to die for.

Kikwang’s POV

As soon I saw the girl by the gates, I immediately knew she was new. As the taxi approached the gates, I silently watched her. She obviously didn’t lack in the appearance department, she had the looks of a model, only lacking a little height. Her long brown hair seemed to caress her body perfectly, and highlighted her face in a way that immersed me. She wore a simple t-shirt and shirt with a simple pair of heels – which spelt out a single word: ordinary.

By the time I reached the front gates the girl was standing by the gates holding her stomach, it seemed quite weird at first but then I decided that she must trying to fake her way into the academy.

She must be one of those crazy fan girls. I muttered to myself, knowing how crazy fan girls can be.

 As I approached Kwang Taek, the bodyguard, he hastily opened the gates allowing me to pass through, though Kwang Taek’s hand was firmly blocking her from entering.

As I walked up to the gates, the girl stepped onto my path; it seemed she was trying to get in. I stared before speaking “Who are you, and why are you in my way?”

The girl seemed shocked as she turned around, and then pausing to take in my face. She seemed to stare into my eyes in a way that made me shiver with delight, but I decided to ignore that feeling and spoke “Are you going to reply, or are you just going to stand there and stand like an idiot?”

Gosh. She is pretty, why fan girl? I know I am hot.

Who the hell does he think he is… even if he is hot? Tsk.

Not knowing what she said after, she quietly mumbled and stepped out of my path, I entered the academy then, silently hoping she was in fact a student. The warmth I felt was unexplainable, creeping up from the deepest part of my toes and warming my whole body in a way I had never felt before. I shook myself, willing myself to concentrate in what was more important – finding the headmasters office.

As I walked my mind kept wondering off back to the girl, her image seemed to warm me. I continued to walk, mindlessly until I silently crashed into Jessica whilst walking around the corner into the hallway.

“Ahh! Kikwang! Darling, you’re back~” She cuddled me closely, but I was completely already annoyed at her, for interrupting my thoughts.

“Let me go, what do you think you’re doing? Get out of my way!” I spoke coldly, staring into her warm brown eyes. It seemed to scare her a little though as she flinched, but soon, she waved and left.

Such a , even more of a fan girl than that girl earlier. I scowled, only audible to myself.