Chapter 2

Lost In The Depths Of My Heart ©

CHAPTER TWO

Jung-Hye’s POV

After finally getting in I arrived at headmaster’s waiting room in no time thanks to my great sense of direction and a good map. I was actually quite proud of myself for being able to find my way around this huge place. It still seems so unreal. I lugged myself into the headmaster’s office, escaping the numerous whispers in the hallway directed at me.

As I walked in, I noticed the headmaster was busy and immediately took a seat on the nearby sofa, in the waiting room, next to a guy who was currently on the phone. I sat and waited patiently like the ladylike person I am; as I sat I flipped through the magazine which I had brought back from America.

It’s her; I wonder what she’s doing here.

Beside me, I heard a low mutter, I slightly turned to see who it was, then noticed that the boy had finished his call, and seemed to be talking to himself. I giggled slightly at the though, and continued to read my magazine.

Not long afterwards the student talking to the Headmaster left, after abruptly saying goodbye to me, although I didn’t recall him saying hi. Still, I quietly waved him goodbye and waited to be called into the headmaster’s office.

Soon the boy beside me was called into headmaster’s office, he got up silently, after hanging up the phone immediately. Out of curiosity, I slowly glanced over at the boy who was stuffing his phone into his pocket. It’s him. The rude boy that was at the gates earlier has his back to me, as he began to walk into the headmaster’s office. I was very tempted to tell him off for his rudeness I sat in complete silence and pretended I hadn’t noticed it was him, though I did wander if he had realised it was me next to him.

Kikwang’s POV

I seemed to realise as soon as she entered the room, although I tried not to notice and overreact, my body didn’t seem to be in my control at that moment. It was obvious to me as I felt my heart beat much fast that it had originally and my body heated up unexpectedly. As I sat in silence beside her, I silently willed myself not to look at her, but the temptation overtook me in no time, I ended up continuously looking at her through the corners of my eyes.

 I’m drawn to her, I wonder why, she doesn’t see, to be that special...

Her smile looked sweet and innocent as she flipped through her English magazine. What it said was a mystery to me, I could only tell it was a magazine because of it’s glossy cover and the model at the front.  As she flipped through the books with her manicured nails, I watched her read the pages silently as if she knew English, she seemed to be really concentrating. I silently continued to watch her; I was being fascinated by even a single strand of her hair.

It’s her; I wonder what she’s doing here. She’s so beautiful; I’m surprised I’ve never met her before.

‘Kikwang. Snap out of it, what has gotten into you?’ I scowled myself, hoping I wasn’t audible.

So cute. Talking to himself.

When Peniel came out from within the headmaster’s office, I saw his gaze immediately land upon her as he walked past he attempted to say goodbye to her, though it was obvious nervousness overflowed throughout his voice. She didn’t seem to notice though. Stop it Kikwang, get a hang of yourself.

Silently, I packed my belongings, stuffing my cell phone into the front pocket of my bag. Here we go. I sighed and embraced myself for what was to come.

 “Annyeong Haseyo, seongsang-nim” I bowed, as I entered to headmaster’s office, and quickly took my seat in front of his desk.

“Ah. Kikwang-ah, what can I do for you today?” the headmaster exclaimed, sitting up straight, and trying to show interest, but failing miserably.

“Have you forgot, I was told you wanted me here this morning.” After all, I am your best student. I flashes my million dollars smile at the headmaster, knowing he was going to talk to me about my debut.

“Jinjja? I don’t seem to recall such a thing…” How can he not? Aish. Why can’t we have a younger headmaster, with a BETTER memory?

“ Aigoo… Are you sure Mr. Wu doesn’t know about it? After all, he is your sectary.” I mumbled, unable to lift my head dup in defeat. “Why does this always have to happen and why NOW?” I grumbled in distress.

The headmaster looked up alarmed, before quickly hitting the button on the desk. Within seconds, Mr Wu appeared beside the headmaster as they spoke quietly. I stood there awkwardly willing them to hurry up.

*Cough Cough* I looked up, and saw the headmaster staring down at me, with Mr Wu gone, I had dosed off for a minute, and now looked up to see quite an annoyed expression plastered on the headmasters face.

“It seems you will not be able to debut”

Bo!?!?

“W-What? Why?” I stuttered, at a loss of words. This was still unbelievable to me, I was the best student at this school, others have debuted, and yet I have not. Why?

“Sadly, no company is willing to take you at this stage, since you have no co-curricular activities at all, and also because of your bad behaviour within classes. Although SM did consider you at one stage, so did Cube…” Really SM? Daebak! “They have withdrawn their request since they saw your last report.”

I snorted. My report was the best. Full A’s other than in art class, English, and Maths but no one really cared about art, or Maths, and so what if I can’t speak English. I can do variety, act, sing, and dance. I am perfect! Why won’t they take me? No one cares about Co-curricular. So what if I am ignorant in class, I don’t care. “I’m sorry, but to me I don’t care about co-curricular, neither about my attitude in class, that is my issue not yours, that shouldn’t be able to stop me from debuting and living me dream!”

“Well like I said, you lack co-c”

“Don’t give me that crap. I am the best, and I will be no matter what. I shouldn’t need to have all that extra crap to debut. I can sing, dance, do variety and act. Is that not enough?” I was already standing by now, I was so angry, if this were a cartoon you would see fumes coming out of my head. I stared into the headmasters eyes, still daring him to challenge me.

“Excuse me? Please sit down Kikwang. That is no way to treat your elder.” Bull.

“Fine. What can I do for co-curricular? I will not volunteer at a nursery, or do anything disgusting.”