Stop

Catch Me Before I Fall

Riley collapsed against her own bathroom door, dropping her head into her hands. She knew she would have to confront JongUp soon, but just thinking about it made her nervous. She really wanted to back out of her promise to HyeMi. She'd rather run away then have to face him at this time.

 

She stood up, glancing at her reflection in the mirror. It was better to get it over with soon. If she thought about it for too long she wouldn't be able to do it. She washed her face quickly before leaving the comfort of her own room. She hesitated once more outside of JongUp's door, but knew she had to do this. She had dragged HyeMi here so she at least needed to do this!

 

“Do you like to hang around other people's doors? Or do you just get lost?”

 

Riley turned quickly, eyes widening as she met JongUp once again. This time he was a lot closer than she would have expected, causing her to step back quickly. They exchanged looks without any words.

 

“I...uh...”

 

JongUp rolled his eyes, turning towards the door so that he could go in.

 

“Wait!”

 

She was starting to feel really annoyed. Why did he think that he could treat her like this? She hadn't done anything wrong except, maybe, to impose her own opinions on him. That wasn't a good enough reason to be treated this way.

 

“If you want to talk about what happened yesterday, forget it. I had needed to tell someone, but the moment is over. I'm done with dancing, period.” JongUp stared in her direction for a moment before turning back to walk inside.

 

She stepped forward, grabbing him. She didn't know how else to stop him. She needed to distract him long enough to make him listen.

 

“Why do you get to talk, but I can't?” She met JongUp's eyes once again. She wasn't playing around anymore. “Great! That's fine if you don't want to dance anymore. I'm happy with whatever choice you make. Whatever! If you want to give up on the future that you worked hard for then that is up to you. Don't ruin class for others though! HyeM...HyeShik can't dance because of you, so go to class!”

 

She yelled at him, not expecting to sound as angry as she was. She closed her eyes as she yelled, and tried to leave immediately. She would have never expected JongUp to grab her. She turned quickly, still feeling agitated with how he had been acting.

 

“What?!” She snapped, tearing her arm out of his hold. JongUp nodded at her before retreating back into his room. If she wasn't already upset enough she would have dragged him to class, which reminded her. She had her own class to go to. She went back into her own room only for an instant. She had to go to the studio and would definitely need water by the end of her class.

 

She glanced at the clock, knowing that if she didn't start hurrying she would be late for her first class. She grabbed her bottle of water before running towards the building she needed to be in. However, she was held up when she accidentally collided with another student.

 

“Sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.” The boy smiled widely which accented his face. He was fixing his short, brown hair that had been slightly messed up due to their collision. Riley stood, dusting herself off before looking in his direction. She nearly screamed when she realized who it was.

 

She turned her head quickly, bowing to the side in respect, but she really couldn't face him. She had no other choice but to run from him or else she would be doomed if he got a closer view of her face.

 

“Sorry!” She said quietly before running down the hallway and into her classroom. She was surprised to find so many heads turn towards her, staring angrily in her direction.

 

“I presume you are Bang Riley?” Her professor turned towards her instantly. It was Shin HyeSung from the group Shinhwa. She bowed deeply, showing her utter respect for the artist. She never would have imagined that he would be teaching here. “You're late. Please stay after class.”

 

He immediately started teaching again as she found a seat as close to the front as she could find. The studio was pretty small, but she like the feeling. It had been quite a while since she had been in a studio like this one. The last time she had been to one was when she had visited her brother, but had only been in the studio for a few minutes.

 

It made her panic, reminding her about who she had just run into. Why was he here? She desperately needed to talk to HyeMi. If she didn't get to talk to her alone, she was going to go crazy. She never assumed that it would be so hard to talk to her alone.

 

“Okay! Everyone together.” Shin HyeSung called. She panicked, not sure what they were doing. Luckily, she knew the song. Leave it to a Shinhwa member to practice with his own song. She smiled, singing the song called 'Hurt'.

 

Class had soothed her enough to calm her down. Her thoughts were no longer on JongUp or how mad he had made her. No. She was thinking about other, maybe even more worrisome things. What had her brother been doing on campus? If he kept coming to campus it wouldn't be long before her secret was out and she was sure YongGuk would pull her out of the school in an instant.

 

She was thinking about this the entire way back to her room when she was stopped by HyeMi. It was a relief to see her best friend, and finally they were alone to talk. She pulled HyeMi into an empty hallway and began to talk as quickly as possible. She wasn't sure how long it would be before someone interrupted them.

 

“HyeMi...I ran into YongGuk today. I don't think he realized it was me though. If he keeps coming to this campus I don't think I'll be able to stay here long.”

 

She was having a mini panic attack and HyeMi had to grab her and force her to calm down.

 

“If he hasn't pulled you from the school yet, I'm sure you are fine!” HyeMi responded. She had no choice but to believe her.

 

“What about you? Did JongUp show to class?”