Dancing With Old Loves

Catch Me Before I Fall

The next morning everyone took special care of how they acted around Riley afraid that they may say something that would only cause her to get more upset. To Hyemi this meant completely avoiding the subject and talking animatedly about what was going to happen today. She was excited about being able to go to her first dancing classes here under the instruction of such famous teachers. She couldn't think of a better way to spend a day than that.

 

“Let's go eat!” Sungyeol shouted gripping onto Hyemi's wrist and poiting his index finger on his free hand out towards the door. Hyemi followed him complaining the whole way about how she could walk on her own and didn't need Sungyeol's help. Sungyeol just ignored her continuing on his way with Kan and Riley trailing close behind them.

 

Breakfast went by fast and wasn't at all that enjoyable. Both Hyemi and Riley's minds were on something else at the moment so when Sungyeol was talking neither of them were even paying attention him. That only caused him to get upset and yell at the two to pay attention. Once he was sure he had their attention he went on talking about what classes he was going to be taking today and how excited he was.

 

“It's time for class!” Hyemi shouted jumping up from the table and taking her tray over to be washed. She rushed from the room telling her roommates and best friend good-bye as she ran out of the room and towards the building that her dancing classes were held in. Luckily the building wasn't that far so Hyemi made it there in no time flat. She barged through the doors and ran up the stairs to the room number she was going to be spending a good majority of her time in for the next year.

 

Walking quietly into the room she looked around at all the people who were already there, linded up against the wall that held the mirrors, some staring at themselves while other's looked over at Hyemi. Hyemi didn't recognize any of the people in the class. Some of them didn't even look to be her age. Was the class many different grade levels put together? She guesses it was possible. Silently she walked over to the end of the line taking her place on the left side of the room.

 

“You must be new.” She heard a boy say from beside her. She looked over at him scanning him over. He was tall, maybe around 6 foot, very thin, and he had shorter brown spiked hair with chocolate brown eyes to match. He was a cute looking boy but strangely he looked to be familiar to Hyemi. She couldn't quite place a finger on how exactly he looked familiar to her but he did nonetheless.

 

“Yes. Is it that obvious?” She asked.

“A little.” He laughed. His genuine smile only made her feel she knew him evem more. Why?

“Well I am Hyeshik. Kim Hyeshik.” She greeted making sure to use her boy name.

“My name is Woo Sunghyun, but you can call me Kevin.” He told her taking her hand that she had held out to him and shaking it firmly. 'Woo Sunghyun?' His name alone seemed very familiar to her also. It was going to bug her for the rest of the day until she found out why he seemed so familiar to her. She thought about it, going through the people she had ever met in her life or have hear of then it dawned on her. She turned to look at Kevin shocked opening to say something just as the teacher walked in silencing everyone. She had missed her chance to ask him what she had wanted so badly to asked right now, but she made note to ask him after class.

 

“Hello everyone and welcome to a new year here at KangSeok International High School's dance course. I am your teacher Jung Jihoon, or as you all know me by my stage name Rain.” He introduced. Hyemi looked over at her new teacher, instantly recognizing his face. He is a tall buffer guy with a very good-looking face. Rain was known to be one of the best dancers in South Korea and from some of the groups that he had been training like MBLAQ themselves Hyemi was sure that he was the perfect man for the job. How had Rain of all people been able to afford to lose precious time teaching a bunch of kids how to dance?

 

“Now I will take role to make sure everyone is here.” He spoke up. At this point Hyemi has once again zoned out of the world, something that happened a lot with her, as she thought about the teacher, about the boy beside her and about Riley. Was Riley having a good day? What exactly had happened between her and Jongup. She had so many questions in her mind right now and wanted nothing more then to have them answered.

 

“Kim Hyeshik?” The teacher called out. The first time he called Hyemi's name she had not heard him, only noticing seconds later when Kevin had nudged her in the arm.

“Oh here.” She spoke up.

“Make sure to answer the first time I call you.” The teacher ordered. Hyemi bowed slightly to him giving him her apologies but he had already moved on to the next person.

 

“Moon Jongup?” He called out surprising Hyemi.

'Jongup is in this class?' She thought looking around to see if she could spot him. He was no where to be found.

 

“Why does this kid never show up for my class. That is it. Class is canceled until you all find Jongup and all the other missing students and bring them here.” The teacher stated slamming his papers down on a table beside him and walking out of the room. Instantly a loud chatter started amoung people as they questioned each other on where these people could possibly be. Some were even complaining saying things like 'well why do we all have to suffer because some people don't know how to show up' or 'how the hell does he expect us to find all 5 of these students?' Hyemi sighed turning to look at Kevin ready to ask him if he had any idea where they might be but that was when she remembered the question she had for him.

 

“Kevin did you possibly live in America?” She questioned him. Kevin looked at her surprised eyes wide.

“How did you know that?” He asked her surprised by her wits.

“Oh my.” She stated turning away from him. So it was the same Kevin. The same Kevin that she had met on her study abroad trip. The very same Kevin that she had dated for 3 long years when her parents sent her abroad a year in middle school to better her English. They started dating around the same time they had entered middle school and when she returned home after a year everything seemed okay. She really liked Kevin and the feeling was mutual. But after 2 years of being apart from each other they both felt that the long distance thing wasn't working out well for them. They had, with much regret, decided to break it off. Hyemi was never able to forget him seeing as he was her first love and now she was not only going to the same school as him but also attending the same class as him.

 

“What's wrong?” He questioned sounding concerned.

“Nothing. I should try and find those boys.” She told him quickly as she hurried away. Kevin called out to her but Hyemi was long gone. She just had to get away from him before he recognized her. She wasn't even sure how he would seeing as they met back in middle school and she looks nothing like she did in middle school. So there was no possible way that he could remember her.

 

“Forget him. Focus on the other problem.” She told herself trying to forget the problem at hand and deal with another. Right now her mission was to find Jongup and the 4 other lost boys. She was sure that the 4 boys would be easy to find so she left them to the other members. When it came to Jongup she knew from the things Riley had told her that he was going to be the harder one to convince to go to class. It's not that she really cared whether he went to class or not but when it effected her ability to be able to learn that was when she would do anything in her power to convince him to come to class.

 

“Hyemi shouldn't you be in class?” She heard someone say quietly from behind her. Startled that someone had said her real name she the person to find Riley standing just beside her. Without even realizing it she had somehow made it back to the dorms and was on her way towards Jongup's room to see if he was in there.

 

“Riley what are you doing here? Why aren't you in class?” Hyemi asked surprised.

“My class doesn't start until a hour after yours.” Riley stated like it was the most obvious answer ever. Hyemi nodded her head accepting this and went on to tell her friend why she wasn't in class at the moment. Though she knew in the end Riley would be upset with her talking about Jongup again it was a good way to kill two, or in this case three birds with one stone. First she talked about needing to have Jongup for class, that lead to why Riley was so sad and ended with how Hyemi had bumped into her ex boyfriend in class today.

 

“Kevin goes here?” Riley near shouted.

“Shh. Yes he does.” She told her covering to silence her.

“Mmmffrgh.” Riley mumbled under Hyemi's hand. Hyemi laughed pulling her hand away.

“What?”

“What are you going to do?” She asked clearly this time. Hyemi just shrugged her shoulders.

“Well for now I don't want to think about it. I need to convince Jongup to come to class. I know maybe you can do it for me. I mean you have talked to him before. Just try and convince him to come back. Please?” Hyemi begged. Riley looked at her friend, reluctant and scared about being the one to ask him to go back to class. What if he just ended up hating her more. She wanted to deny her friends request out of shear anxiousness but she couldn't, not with how desperate Hyemi looked.

 

“Fine.” She told her friend. Hyemi whooped in happiness and started back down the hall towards class. One problem was solved and she was had the best plan for the other one, to avoid Kevin completely. Though just as fate was not on her side, as she made it only 3 feet from Riley the door beside her opened up and out walked Kyungsoo. Hyemi froze unsure of what to do. Did she continue walking and not acknowledge him? That would make her seem mean and she didn't want people to think she was mean.

 

“Oh hey Hyeshik.” Kyungsoo greeted with his adorable smile.

“Hey Kyungsoo.” Hyemi said in a low voice.

“Are you heading to class? Shouldn't dance class have already started by now?” He asked initiating a conversation. She went on to explain to him what had happened with the teacher and during class making sure to leave out the part about Kevin. Again she was not here for people to think she was gay. For the first time since she had met Kyungsoo she had actually enjoyed talking to him. She was so engrossed into their conversation that she had completely forgot she was suppose to be in class at the moment.

 

“Oh no I forgot about class!” Hyemi exclaimed stopping dead in her tracks and looking over at Kyungsoo with wide eyes. He returned her gaze, his eyes just as wide.

 

“Oh yeah. Go before you get in trouble.” He told her lightly pushing her towards the dance building. She waved good-bye to him running off towards her class. When she had returned to class out of breath and a terrified expression on her face she was lucky enough to find that the boys were just along the mirrored wall looking completely devestated. So they weren't able to collect the rest of the people. Had Riley not been able to convince Jongup to come back.

 

“Can you please move?” Someone asked from behind Hyemi. She turned to look at the person surprised. Because there standing just before her was the exact person she had not expected to come to her class.