The Opening Dinner

Catch Me Before I Fall

Hyemi latched onto her friends arm as the girls made their way towards the dinner hall following close behind Kan and Sungyeol. She wanted so badly to ask Riley if she ended up finding Jongup but she couldn't while there were so many people around. It was already bad enough that the two were told they looked so girly by almost everyone they had talked to since the reached campus.

 

“Well here we a- what are you two doing?” Sungyeol asked when he turned around to look at Hyemi and Riley. The two looked at each other then back at Sungyeol confused on what they had done wrong. “Are you two on a date?”

 

“Huh?” Riley asked confused. Sungyeol gestured to Hyemi's arm that was link through Riley's and she quickly pulled away making up an excuse that she had something to tell her that she didn't want anyone else to hear. That only cause Sungyeol to start up questions on what we were hiding and to rant about keeping secrets from your roommates is a bad idea because eventually they will figure them out.

 

“Welcome to KangSeok International.” The cafeteria ladies greeted as they handed food to Hyemi and Riley. They grabbed each girl's tray putting a little extra rice on theirs then they had the other students. When the two looked up at her very confused she just smiled and told them they looked like they needed the energy. The two smiled, thanking the woman as they continued down the line. Hyemi made note on how nice the lunch ladies were and felt that maybe someday that could come in handy.

 

“Hey love birds come sit by us.” Sungyeol called out to Hyemi and Riley.

“We are not love birds. We are friends.” Riley protested taking a seat next to Kan. He smiled over at her initianting a conversation between the two. Hyemi watched her friend and Kan talk from across the table for a few seconds admiring how nice Kan was and how well the two have started to get a long since the first hour after meeting. It was amazing though how fast it happened. You would think that the two had been friends their whole lives.

 

“Are you gonna eat that?” Sungyeol asked taking a piece of kimchi right off Hyemi's plate. Hyemi's eyes narrowed as she turned to look at Sungyeol. She stared him down making him become very uncomfortable. He laughed sheepishly moving his chopsticks that held the kimchi back towards her plate slowly. Just before it touched her plate he quickly brought it back to his mouth shoving it in and chewing quickly.

 

“YAH!” She yelled at him drawing attention from a couple tables of people around her.

“You are one loud little guy aren't you?” Someone asked from behind Hyemi.

“I am not!” She defended turning around to face the person. When her eyes locked on Himchan she quickly stood up nearly knocking over her tray of food, and bowing deeply to him. “Sunbae Mianhaeyo.”

 

“It's okay. You must be Riley.” Himchan questioned looking over at Riley.

“Yes my name is Bang riley.” She answered bowing in her seat slightly.

“I am Kim Himchan the head of the dorm.” He said taking a seat at the table and grabbing Hyemi's harm to pull her down into her seat. She plopped down in her seat refusing to look at Himchan out of pure embarassment.

“Are you gonna eat that?” Himchan asked grabbing a piece of meat off of Hyemi's plate. She sighed hanging her head. Why was everyone picking on her?

 

“Hi you must be our new neighbors Riley and Hyeshik. We live in the room across from you, 215.” A femanine sounding voice said as they placed their tray down on the table beside the group and pulling it up to connect the table together. The two mentioned girls looked up to see a boy who looked to be around their age with medium length redish dark brown hair and brown eyes. He had a very feminie looking face also. He looked like he would be the perfect roommate for the boy that Hyemi had saw in the hall after talking to Himchan, so when she looked over and saw that same blonde boy standing beside him she wasn't at all surprised.

 

“How did you know who we were?” Hyemi asked curiously.

“Himchan told Ren.” Sungjong answered taking the seat beside Riley, Ren beside him.

“Ren?” Riley questioned not really knowing who this Ren person was.

“Oh sorry I am Sungjong. I am in the group Infinite along with Sungyeol and this here is Ren.” Sungjong explained pointing to himself then the blonde haired boy beside him.

 

“Well it's nice to meet you both.” Riley greeted.

“Dangit Sungyeol!” Hyemi yelled as Sungyeol once again stole food from her plate.

“Oh there is the EXO boys.” Himchan stated. Hyemi and Riley followed his line of sight over to see 3 boys making their way over towards them. The first one was tall, maybe around Kan's height with orangish-red curly hair, and a big smile plastered on his face as he was talking an laughing with the boy beside him. A shorter boy that to Hyemi reminded her of a younger version of Jay from The Trax. He was laughing with the taller boy his smile defining his cheekbones very promenantly.

 

'Him,' Hyemi thought to herself as she saw the last boy. It was Kyungsoo the boy she had accidentally ran into when she was trying to find Riley.

 

“Hey guys.” Himchan greeted just as the boys reached the table placing down their and pulling up another table. The lunch table now consisted of three circular tables all pushed together to form one big one. The three boys all greeted everyone at the table taking their seats with the tall boy at the end, Kyungsoo beside Kan and the last boy beside Sungyeol.

 

“Which one of you is Hyeshik?” The tall boy asked looking between Riley and Hyemi.

“I am.” Hyemi said holding up her hand.

“Ah so then you must be Riley.” He said turning to look at the girl. She nodded her head shyly.

“Does everyone in this school know who we are?” Hyemi asked rehorically.

“Basically. Aside from Sungjong and Ren there aren't very many people on campus that look so much like girls.” Himchan answered stealing another piece of food from Hyemi's plate. She had given up on even trying to fight with them anymore. It's not like she was going to be able to eat it all anyways; she never did.

 

“How did you hear about us?” Hyemi asked turning to look back at the tall boy.

“Kyungsoo told us about you. You're right he is as girly looking as you said.” The boy said turning to look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he looked over at the boy.

 

“Hyung.” He said softly turning his eyes over towards Hyemi. She just stared back blankly. Well it's not like it wasn't true the two were very girly looking; they were girls. His eyes dropped from hers as he blushed lightly from embarassment. He wasn't expecting the boy to repeat what he had said.

 

“He is girly looking. I can see 3 others at the table that are also.” Sungyeol joked with the tall boy looking over at Riley, Sungjong and Ren.

 

“Chanyeol, Sungyeol stop making fun of them.” Kan ordered the two boys.

“Fine.” Chanyeol, the tall boy, said as he picked up his chopsticks and got to work on his food.

“Riley, Hyeshik this is Chanyeo,” Sungyeol started pointing over to the tall boy who was just making fun of them, then to the boy who sat beside him with the defined cheekbones. “This is Baekhyun and I am guessing you already know Kyungsoo.”

 

“It's nice to meet you all.” Riley greeted. Hyemi just smiled unable to really say anything with Kyungsoo staring at her, waiting for a response. She looked up at him, blushed, her smiling dropping, and quickly looked away.

 

“Hyeshik do you not like Kyungsoo?” Sungjong asked when he saw Hyemi's reaction to him.

“Huh?” She questioned back.

“You just seem to not like him.”

“No, no, no. I don't have any feelings towards him I don't even know him.” She stated waving her hands around. She wasn't only trying to convince them but deep down herself as well. There was no possible way that after meeting someone you could fall for them that fast.

 

“So where is your roommate?” Sungyeol asked drawing the attention away from Hyemi. She sighed secretly thanking him for saving her.

 

“He said he isn't hungry.” Chanyeol answered nonchalantly, like the answer was already obvious.

 

“Who is your roommate?” Hyemi asked curiously.

“A fellow member of mine in B.A.P Moon Jungup.” Himchan answered for him. Riley nearly choked on the food she had just put in at Himchan's response. Kan reached over patting her back and handing her a glass of water. Showing just how caring of a older brother he actually was.

 

“Jungup is your roommate?” Riley asked once her coughing fit had calmed down. The three boys at the end of the table nodded their heads all looking at her as they chewed their food, Chanyeol even going as far as giving her a very judgmental look.

 

“Yeah we all live in room 219.” Baekhyun told her. Riley made eye cotact with Hyemi who held an equally as shocked expression. Not only was Riley going to the same school as Jongup but now she was going to be living beside him. She never really expected things to work out so well for her. For the rest of dinner everyone just sat their and chatted away having a very good time and getting to know each other as much as they could.

 

“Ah I am stuffed.” Sungyeol said as he say back in his chair.

“Same here.” Himchan agreed. Hyemi looked between the two boys rolling her eyes.

“I wonder why. You both ate my food also.” She pointed out.

“Ah think of it as a Freshman initiation.” Himchan joked patting her on the back.

“Then why didn't you eat Sungjong's or Ren's or Riley's or even Kyungsoo's?”

“Ah well yours looks better.” He told her.

“We are eating the same thing.”

“Oh hush.” Himchan ordered. Hyemi laughed a little, finishing up her last bit of food and following after her roommates as they headed back to their room to get ready for bed. They had a long day of classes ahead of them tomorrow and Hyemi was beyond excited to get to work with the teachers.