It Starts With Something Like This

Catch Me Before I Fall

It had always been a far away dream. To become a top idol or top actress in South Korea seemed almost impossible. There were many obstacles that blinded them shortly from the dream they wanted to achieve, but they were never blinded for long. They worked hard, even with the negativity from their families and from their own friends, they knew that they could do it as long as they worked hard.

 

For years, Su HyeMi and Bang Riley had been best friends and shared a similar dream. They wanted to learn from the best, wanted to rebel against their families and prove them wrong. They were capable of becoming a part of the top and they were willing to work hard for it. Even after Riley's brother, Bang YongGuk, debuted in the new rookie group B.A.P with the support of her own parents, she couldn't give up her dream. After seeing her brother's new friends from afar she had a desire to get to know Moon JongUp. The same man who had stopped all activities with B.A.P less than a year after debut. The only way she knew how to do that was to attend the same high school and get to know him. HyeMi had her own problems as well, finding that she was well known for being Kim HyunJoong's half sister. She was well known at their middle school, becoming popular but easily bothered because of her identity

 

They argued often with their parents after they were both enrolled in an all girl's high school in Busan, leading to the decision and often persuasion to rebel against their parents. Riley did everything she could to have Su HyeMi follow her into KangSeok International High School. It was an all boy high school with famous teachers that made it hard to pass up. After begging and pleading, a plan was made. They would pretend to go to Busan, but instead they would change everything. They had to hide their entire identity, cut their hair and trade their regular wardrobe in for a man's uniform.

 

Riley was escaping her family to find a future that her parents wouldn't accept and also to help JongUp find a reason to stick with B.A.P. HyeMi had been persuaded by the fact that prestigious teachers would be there, and she could find herself following her half-brother's footsteps. Following him into becoming an idol. They needed to prove themselves, and they would use any means to do just that.

 

At first it wasn't easy. The first task was to get away from their parents and family. They were to take the subway to Busan, overseen by their parents. They had to go as far as passing through the gate to take the subway, but they never got on the train. They left the station, found a place to cut their hair and change into mens clothing before spending the night in a public bathhouse. Their first night as men was uncomfortable. It was hard to adjust to the short hair length and the baggy clothes. Not to mention trying to hide the things that shouldn't appear on a man's body.

 

They left early the next morning, needing to be at the gate to the new, high-tech high school as soon as possible. They received strange looks from many people which they tried to ignore throughout the entire orientation. Luckily, no one questioned them too much about themselves, but it made them more aware of all the lies they would have to tell and all of the truths that they would have to keep secret. It was only the first couple hours into their plan and it already seemed exhausting. That was until Riley saw a glimpse of a familiar man. She grabbed onto HyeMi for an instant, pointing in a random direction before running off.