Chapter 2

Please be careful with my heart

 

♪♫“I will be true to you

Just a promise from you will do

From the very start

Please be careful with my heart

 

I love you and you know I do

There'll be no one else for me

Promise I'll be always true

For the world and all to see”♪♫

 

“Look Sulli, How many times do I have to tell you? I DON’T LOVE YOU! I NEVER DID! I NEVER WILL!” It was Taemin’s voice echoing thru the hall, it was easy to tell from his voice, he was angry, irritated and tired.

 

“But Taemin! Wasn’t it just last week when you told me you love me?” The girl Sulli answered back, she was desperate, hurt and she was crying.

“It’s because of a brat like you! My cousin Seung Ri is in the hospital, getting his wounds treated! If it wasn’t for a selfish idiot like you! You made me tell you that I love you, if not, they’d beat the crap out of him!” Taemin’s voice was louder, angrier this time.

 

“Taemin, I’m sorry. I love you Taemin don’t leave me! I need you!” Sulli knelt on the floor trying to hold Taemin’s hand, but he would fiercely pull them off everytime. She was crying hard “Taemin, please!” He had enough, his patience has reached its limit, he pushed Sulli down mercilessly

 

“I’ve had enough, you made all of those! It was your imagination! Your stupid little brain made it all up! I am not real! My ‘affection’ for you wasn’t real! And what do you want with me?!”

 

In just a seconds Sulli’s hand flew hitting Taemin’s cheek hard, making it turn bright red

 

“Taemin I—I didn’t mean to, I’m sorry Taemin”

 

“Get out of my sight now.” He wasn’t shouting anymore, but his stern, demanding voice was a lot scarier, he was shaking in range.

 

“Don’t Taemin… I didn’t mean to” Sulli begged, Taemin just looked at her, his eyes said everything. Hesitantly, Sulli ran, but paused for a few seconds when she just turned at an intersection. Taemin bent down, and then sat massaging his head.

 

“Ellen!” He yelled but it was a lot different than the voiced he recently used, it wasn’t the angry, demanding and irritated voice, it was more like a master calling his dog because he has something for it. (a/n: Sorry, couldn’t think of anything else to compare with -_-;) “I know you’re there!” He yelled but his voice was gentle.

 

A girl in a white shirt, pink checkered shorts and rubber shoes(a\n: Jeremy scott! The one with wings XD and neon green laces XDD) approached him. She bent down then sat infront of the tired Taemin.

 

“Was that why you made me come?” Ellen asked as she stared at him. “No, it just happened. I mean I was entering the gates when she saw me, I told her already but she wouldn’t listen. She followed me then I couldn’t take it anymore—“ “sshh.” Ellen said as she placed a finger on his lips.

 

“Now that you saw the side I never wanted to show you, would you still love me?” Ellen giggled.

“What’s so funny?” He asked half puzzled, half annoyed.

“Well, Now that you’ve mentioned it… I’m guessing you haven’t seen me getting angry. Am I right or am I right?” He laughed at her simple corny joke. “Taemin get up! It’s almost 10 and by the way, you have to treat me to an amusement park for making me go to school and making me wait for almost an hour without showing me anything.” She said as she pulled him to get up.

 

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

 

“Let’s go ride the rollercoaster!” Ellen exclaimed as she pointed it.

“Huh? Aren’t you dizzy from the teacup?” Taemin asked horrified. He could feel his stomach, as if it was ready to puke any moment now. “Look Ellen, I know you have the guts and stuff but pl—“ He stopped as a little girl tugged his shirt, she was holding 3 roses offering them to Taemin as she softly spoke

 

“Mister please by these roses I’ve been here all morning, I have to go home before lunch so I could buy my mom a present . Today’s her birthday.” Taemin pulled out his wallet before he could pick out the cash the little girl continued

“Unnie, your boyfriend’s buying you flowers! I’ve never really seen a boyfriend and girlfriend giving each other presents” (a\n: What a nosy little girl XD) Taemin and Ellen looked at each other, half smiling or sheepishly smiling at one another. Ellen bent down towards the little girl

“I’m sorry, but that guy isn’t my boyfriend… He hasn’t even asked me if I wanted to be his girl” Ellen said in an audible tone that Taemin will be able to hear. “Aww… That’s just a shame, I guess I better go find a gift for my mom now.” The girl said as Taemin handed the payment and exchanged it for the roses.

 

“Somebody’s bitter.” Taemin

“Well, we aren’t even a couple, this isn’t even a date and – What the heck Taemin?!” She wasn’t able to finish her sentence since Taemin cutted her off by dragging her.

They stopped when they reached the center of the whole park, from there Taemin bent down on his knees, making Ellen’s eyes widen and others stop at their tracks to see what’s happening

“Lee Taemin! Stand up right now!” Ellen demanded, but he ignored what she said and instead stretched his arms with the roses in one hand. Everyone formed a circle and watched

 

“Ms. Park Ellen! Are you willing to be my, Lee Taemin’s, girl? For richer or for poorer? For better or for worse? For everything else that will happen? Do you promise to love only me? Cause I promise that there’ll be no one else for me. And like what I promised yesterday by the seashore, I’ll be careful with your heart. So will you accept mine? I LOVE YOU PARK ELLEN!” Everyone present at that time became silent waiting for her answer.

 

“Taemin I…” She started softly as she bit her lower lip nervously, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “I Park Ellen is not only willing to be your girl, I’m more than happy, more than willing, for richer or for poorer I don’t care, for better or for worse? I’ll stick with you till the end. To love only you? I promise with all my heart, cause you’re the only one in it. And Yes Taemin I accept your heart! Because I LOVE YOU TOO LEE TAEMIN!”

 

Ellen yelled as everyone clapped their hands, saying how sweet they were, how courageous that was, how not everyone could do such a thing.

Ellen’s eyes were watery as she smiled and tightly hugged him, whispering, “I promise to love you Taemin, no one else but you.”

“This isn’t yet the end” Taemin answered back with a grin on his face.

“What?”