Chapter 1

Please be careful with my heart

 

♪♫“If you love me like you tell me

Please be careful with my heart

You can take it just don't break it

Or my world will fall apart

 

You are my first romance

And I'm willing to take a chance

That till life is through

I'll still be loving you”♪♫

 

Taemin’s POV

 

It’s been a 2 years since you passed away and now I’m standing here in front of your grave, trying to kill time, trying to find other things that would make the pain go away even just for now. It still feels so sudden, leaving me without a proper goodbye. Do you know how much it hurts? Do you know that in these two years I still haven’t moved on? I still love you Ellen… I really do…

 

Tears started to run down from my eyes, to my cheeks, to my chin, then the grass I was standing on. Why Ellen? Why does it hurt so much?

 

“Taemin-ah, are you okay?” I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder, I quickly wiped my freshly fallen tears

 

“Krystal, Minji… Hey, How’s it been?” I said forcing a smile. Krystal Jung and Gong Minji, Ellen’s two bestfriends.

 

“oh Look how much all of you has grown.” Gahee noona had just returned from the nearby grocery store.

“Why don’t we all first have lunch? Shall we?” Noona asked as she raised the plastic bags, smiling sweetly.

 

“It’s like a picnic isn’t it?” Krystal said as she stuffed a spoonful of rice in

 

“Isn’t this like the first time you and Ellen met?” Minji asked, I sat there silently just looking at my food, I smiled as I remembered that day. “

 

Yes you’re right, it is like it.”

 

When I was 17 and she was 16… 7 years ago…

 

 

♥Flashback♥

 

“Yah! Gong Minji! Jung Krystal! Take this blind fold off right now!” Ellen demanded as her two friends accompanied her to their destination.

 

“Just sssshhh! For a moment Ellen, Just wait and see our surprise for you” Krystal said as she held Ellen at her left

 

“plus you did agree to go with us on a date with our boyfriends, of course we won’t let you come without one” Minji added.

 

“aww, you guys. But I’m not ready in having any relationship with anyone, not yet.” Ellen said as she tried hugging her two bestfriends, touched by their dream for her.

 

“Thank us later. Okay?” Krystal said as they walked through the park, finding the place and Ellen remained quiet until they reached their destination.

 

“Okay! Guys you can take off your blindfolds now!” A booming exited voice said, or Minho’s excited voice said as Ellen, gently took of her blindfold. She paused as she saw a pretty guy sitting right infront of her. He had a warm innocent smile that made her heart beat faster than the normal, his eyes were clear and pure.

 

“Annyeong I’m Lee Taemin, SeungRi’s cousin, nice to meet you… Ms…” Taemin said as he offered a handshake

 

“Ellen… Park Ellen” She said taking his hand smiling sweetly at him.

 

Days passed, then weeks, then months. The two became close, and little did they know that from a distance their friends were actually hoping that they’d make progress… And guess what?

 

“Park Ellen I love you.”

Taemin suddenly confessed as they we’re eating ice cream walking down the shore. He stopped “I said I love you… Didn’t you hear me?” He repeated, when Ellen just continued walking.

 

“I did.” She answered without looking back “It’s just that…” she paused and faced him “I’m scared Taemin… I might fall so deep that I wouldn’t be able to climb back up again”

He ran to her side dropping the food in his hand, embracing her “does that mean you love me too?” She could hear his heartbeat clearly

“Yes but… You’re the first person I ever fell in love with… If this is love… But Taemin, will you accept me completely? I mean, even my bad side?” She asked teary eyed.

 

“I will.”

 

“Do you promise to be careful with my heart?”.

 

“I promise.”

 

“You’re the first guy I’ll ever say the words ‘I love you’.”

 

“Then say it, with all your heart, say it Ellen.” “I—I—I LOVE YOU LEE TAEMIN!”

 

“Then Park Ellen I promise to never break your heart. Believe in me. Believe me…”

 

“I—don’t… know… I’m sorry” Ellen whispered as she hid her face in his chest, crying

 

“It’s okay, as long as I know that you love me… I’ll wait” he said as he kissed the top of her head comforting her. “Even if it takes forever.”

 

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

 

“See you tomorrow then.” Taemin said as they walked when they were near her home. Ellen stood by the gate, she had been silent the whole time after his confession.

 

“Ellen… Bye… See you tomorrow, okay?”

But before Taemin could take another step

 

“Taemin wait! I—“ He looked at her, they gazed at each other eye’s for a moment “Taemin… I’m willing to take a chance… for you”

 

He couldn’t hide his emotion, He started jumping, and hugging her and then carried Ellen.

 

“Then meet me tomorrow at your school, 9 am sharp okay?” He said as he kissed her forehead, jumping, running like crazy as he went home.