Kyuhyun's First Gym Battle

Pokemon Dream Come True

“Ya! Kyuhyun bro! Wake up!” Donghae slapped Kyuhyun lightly on his cheek and Kyuhyun just flipped to another side to continue sleeping.

“Let me handle this.” Eunhyuk patted his chest as he pulled his brother away from the sleepy head. “WOO~AH~” He sends his leg flying towards Kyuhyun’s and Kyuhyun woke up immediately. He winced as his hurts like it has been hit by a car.

“Who kicked me?” Kyuhyun shouted as he rubbed his aching . Donghae instantly pointed to Eunhyuk, who is still posing in the position. Kyuhyun threw his blanket away and pounded onto Eunhyuk. He started to slap and punch his to make him have the same treatment.

“Hey hey hey! Stop fighting! YAH!” Donghae tried to separate them but they are still rolling on the floor like children.

“Never… Kick… Me… Again!” Kyuhyun finally stopped after a few punches onto Eunhyuk’s and it’s Eunhyuk’s turn to rub his aching .

“Come on, I just used 30% of my strength. I didn’t use…” Eunhyuk complained but stopped when a pillow flew into his face.

“Let’s wash up and get going, okay? Kyuhyun have an important battle today.” Donghae supported Kyuhyun to help him stand up.

“Important battle?” Kyuhyun raised a brow.

“Yup. Don’t tell me you forgot that you have challenged the gym leader to a battle today.” Eunhyuk continued to rub his .

“And you are going to be late! So you better be quick before you missed your battle.” Donghae pushed Kyuhyun into the toilet before he can asked what happened.

While brushing his teeth, Kyuhyun think and think and think.

“But I just got my Pokémon yesterday and how can I be having my first gym battle the day after receiving my Pokémon? I haven’t even bond together with Charmander yet.” Kyuhyun drink another mouthful of water to rinse his mouth.

“Are you ready yet? We have to go soon!” Eunhyuk knocked on the door.

“Police! Open the door!” Donghae shouted and kept knocking the door to irritate Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun quickly washed his face and get ready before opening the door. Donghae almost knock on Kyuhyun’s nose when the door swings open and he quickly backed away.

“But how can I be having a gym battle when I just got my Pokémon yesterday?” Kyuhyun asked while leaving their room.

“What do you mean you just got your Pokémon yesterday? It has being a week, my friend.” Eunhyuk clarified and Donghae nodded.

“A WEEK?! But I… I… I just slept a night… It can’t be…” Kyuhyun was interrupted by Sungmin.

“Hey losers.” Sungmin greeted as he walked down the stair from the gym.

“You are the loser here!” Eunhyuk shouted back.

“Looks like someone is late for a battle.” Sungmin smirked.

“Let’s go. Don’t care about him.” Donghae pushed both Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk up the stairs.

“That battle was an easy one for me.” Sungmin showed off by playing with his badge casing proudly.

“What?! You mean you finished your battle?” Kyuhyun ran to Sungmin and open the badge casing.

“Of course! Unlike someone, I was on time and I finished off early. I even had a tea break with the leader.” Sungmin continued to smirk, which pissed Eunhyuk off by a lot.

“Cool! Let’s go in and get my first badge!” Kyuhyun said and Sungmin patted on his back.

“Good luck. I’ll see you, maybe, in the next gym... If you can even pass this gym.” Sungmin laughed while walked away.

“Viridian City Gym, HERE I COME!” Kyuhyun marched forward but Donghae stopped him.

“What did you say?” Donghae and Eunhyuk looked at him weirdly.

“Viridian City Gym, here I come?” Kyuhyun repeated and the Lee brothers shook their heads.

“What is wrong with you? We are at Pewter City right now.” Donghae face-palmed.

“Bro, are you sure you can continue this battle?” Eunhyuk checked Kyuhyun up and down but Kyuhyun just pushed his face away.

“I am perfectly fine! And since when did we teleported here?” Kyuhyun stomped his feet.

“Oh! You must be that Kyuhyun guy!” A little boy ran up to Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun stared at him. “My brother is waiting for you inside. Let’s go in.” He pulled Kyuhyun by the hand and ran into the gym as fast as he could.

“Do I know you?” Kyuhyun asked as he continued to run behind the little boy.

“HYUNG! That Kyuhyun guy is here!” The little boy stopped right after he entered a hall area.

“Er… You still didn’t reply me yet. Who are you?” Kyuhyun squatted down and asked the little boy but the little boy just smiled back at him.

“So you are Kyuhyun?” A booming familiar voice filled the hall.

“Sounds familiar…” Kyuhyun looked up and a guy walked out.

“SHINDONG HYUNG!” The little boy and Kyuhyun shouted at the same time.

“You know my hyung?” The little boy asked Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun just nodded happily.

“Hyung, so you are the leader of this gym?” Kyuhyun asked and Shindong nodded back.

“You are late.” Shindong informed and Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

“I woke up late… But I’m still here!” Kyuhyun replied.

“Let’s start the Pokémon battle!” The little boy ran to the side and a referee came out.

“Nice to meet you, Kyuhyun. I would like you to meet Geodude.” Shindong threw his Pokéball out and a Geodude appeared right after the Pokéball opened.

74.png

“Finally! Wait! Have the battle started?” Eunhyuk tried to catch his breath and Donghae came running behind him.

“I see you have brought friends. And they got through my guards. Well done. So I am expecting more from you since you challenged me.” Shindong said.

“Those guards are just too easy for my Squirtle!” Eunhyuk stood out proudly but still slightly panting.

“But why didn’t I need to pass…”

“Hey! Are you going to battle me or continue your little talk?” Shindong interrupted Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun frowned and reached his pocket for Pokéball. But to his surprise, there are 3 inside. And the worst thing is he didn’t know which to throw as he doesn’t know what’s in them.

“Go… Pokémon!” Kyuhyun shouted as he randomly shuffled the Pokéballs in his pocket and threw out one. It shines and a Nidoran♂ came out. It scratches its head with its hind leg and stood up.

‘Nidoran♂?! I’m going to die.’ Kyuhyun thought but to his another surprise, Geodude doesn’t have any ground type moves, so there is still a chance of him winning this battle.

nidoran-m.jpg

“Geodude, Defense Curl!” Shindong commanded and Geodude started to spin clockwise.

“Nidoran♂ Double Kick?” Kyuhyun prayed that his Pokémon has that move. It started running towards the Geodude and gave the floating Pokémon 2 kicks from below. Geodude flew higher up and dropped onto the floor.

“Tackle!” Shindong shouted and Geodude regained its energy and charged towards Nidoran♂.

“Dodge it!” Kyuhyun panicked but Nidoran♂ was too slow to dodge it. It got hit at the sides and fell to the ground. “Get up! Double kick it to death!” Kyuhyun gave a deathly command and Nidoran♂ stood up and kept jumping up to kick Geodude. Soon, Geodude became like a soccer ball that Nidoran♂ is playing with and Geodude fainted after the forth Double Kick move.

“Good job Geodude. Your turn Onix!” Shindong exchange his Pokémon and a loud roar was heard when Onix is summoned.

200px-095Onix.png

“Continue to kick! This time take it as you are kicking a snake!” Kyuhyun ordered but when Nidoran♂ is about to Double Kick Onix, Onix use its tail and slapped Nidoran♂ away. Sending Nidoran♂ flying towards the wall, Onix used Rock Throw and a few rocks flew to squash Nidoran♂ flat onto the wall.

“Nidoran♂!” Kyuhyun was too late and the fainted Nidoran♂ dropped onto the floor like a flat piece of paper. “Come back! You did well.” Kyuhyun dug his pocket for another Pokéball. “Go whatever-you-are!”

Another Nidoran♀ was summoned, but this time, it’s in blue and smaller in size. Which means it’s not the same gender.

nidoran_female.png

“How many Nidoran do you have?” Shindong asked and Kyuhyun shrugged.

“To be honest, I don’t know myself too. Now Nidoran♀, Double Kick that snake to death! But careful of its tail!” Kyuhyun pointed to Onix’s tail and Nidoran♀ ran much faster than the previous Nidoran♂.  When Onix sweeps its tail, Nidoran jumped over and continued to run. It aims Onix’s head and kept jumping over the incoming tail like a skipping rope.

“Onix, Rock Throw!” Shindong shouted and Onix hear it clearly. Like playing with marble, Onix carefully aimed and threw the rocks at the incoming Nidoran. But it was so small and fast that it can dodge all the rocks easily by just running in disordered zigzag pattern.

“NOW GO!” Kyuhyun pointed at Onix’s face and Nidoran♀ jumped as high as it can reach. With a leg sticking out, it kicked Onix straight in the eye and by turning 180 degrees, another leg swing towards its cheek and Onix is down in a split second.

“ONIX!” Shindong called out but Onix is not responding.

“Onix is unable to battle. Winner is Kyuhyun’s Nidoran♀! And the overall winner is Kyuhyun!” The referee announced and Shindong admitted his defeat.

“Good job Onix. Have a good rest.” Shindong kept Onix into its Pokéball and kissed it before keeping it. “I guess your Nidoran couple won you this.” Shindong showed the badge, Kyuhyun’s jaw almost dropped onto the floor.

“What are you waiting for? Go get it! It’s yours!” Donghae pushed Kyuhyun off his rooting feet and Kyuhyun sprinted towards the shiny badge.

“Are you sure this is my badge?” Kyuhyun quickly grabbed the Boulder Badge out of Shindong’s hand and Shindong nodded.

“I have a lot of that thing. It’s what makes you the gym leader, you see.” Shindong giggled as he took out a handful of the Boulder Badge from his back pocket and the Lee Brothers sprinted towards him.

“I want 1 too. Give me 1!” Donghae wanted to snatch one but failed as Shindong closed his hand.

“Battle me and you will get 1 of your own.” Shindong kept the badges into his back pocket and laughed. And the black words finally rolled out while Kyuhyun is still busy examining his badge.

‘Kyuhyun got his First Gym Badge! A Boulder Badge!’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: So how is the first gym battle? Is it very messy? Or is it very fast? Please type me your thoughts~ ^^ This is the Pewter City Gym and Shindong is the Gym Leader, Brock~ Hehe~ I have skipped some not important parts like those trainers battling on the way here because I don't think you all will be interested in it. ><