Kyuhyun's First Battle

Pokemon Dream Come True

“Pikachu! Don’t die!” Hankyung suddenly ran towards them with his Pikachu fainted in his arms.

“What happened?” Kyuhyun asked and Hankyung just replied, “I lost.” And he ran towards the town where they came from.

“He lost?” Eunhyuk repeated his words and widened his eyes after a second, “You mean he lost in a battle? Oh my god! Means that Pokémon will die after a battle? Then I am… Ouch! That hurts.” Eunhyuk rubbed the area that Donghae just pinched and pouted at his brother. “What’s that for?”

“That is for not listening during Pokémon classes.” Donghae folded his arms. “Pokémon won’t die! They just fainted. Unless you erase their data entirely, if not they will never die.” Donghae explained and Kyuhyun nodded in acknowledgement. Donghae saw Kyuhyun’s nod and turned to him, “Don’t tell me you don’t know that too.”

“OF COURSE I KNOW!” Kyuhyun lied with a forced smile. “I wanted to be a Pokémon trainer, remember? Why won’t I know about these stuffs?” Donghae nodded with understanding and continued to walk with his Growlithe by his side.

“Hey there!” a boy called out as they entered the forest.

“Sungmin hyung?” Kyuhyun called back. And Sungmin stayed still.

“Do I know you?” Sungmin walked closely and a Bulbasaur chased up behind him.

“Oh! You got yourself a Bulbasaur!” Kyuhyun looked at the smiley Bulbasaur behind Sungmin with a shocked face. Because he will always ask Sungmin which Pokémon he would prefer to take and he never mention a Bulbasaur. So this is a surprise to him.

“What? Do you have a problem with that, weirdo?” Sungmin folded his arms with a cold expression.

“Weirdo?! Are you calling me weirdo?” Kyuhyun pointed at himself with a raised brow.

“Yes! You weirdo.” Sungmin scanned Kyuhyun from top to bottom and turned back to Eunhyuk. He pointed at him and said, “You! The one with the Squirtle! Come out here for a Pokémon battle!”

Eunhyuk pointed at himself with a question look, “Me?” And Sungmin nodded with a smirk.

“Yes you!” Sungmin confirmed.

“Hey! That’s unfair! You have a Bulbasaur and he has a Squirtle! It’s grass VS water! Unfair!” Donghae stand in front of Eunhyuk protectively while holding his arms out.

“What’s unfair? This world is never fair! I want a battle now, and I’m getting one!” Sungmin smirked even more and pointed to Squirtle, “Go Bulbasaur! Use Leech Seed!”

Bulbasaur hesitated for a while but still run up towards Squirtle, ready to use its Leech Seed on it. Growlithe can’t stand the situation and step out to block Bulbasaur from getting close to Squirtle.

“If you want a battle, battle me!” Donghae patted his own chest bravely and Growlithe started to growl at Bulbasaur.

“Hey hey hey! Everyone stop!” Kyuhyun shouted with his arms up in the air. All the attentions turned to him and he cleared his throat before speaking, “I am the main character in this dream, world or whatever here! I should be the one having the first battle here! Not you!”

Charmander stared up to Kyuhyun and tilted its head to the right. Kyuhyun smirked and looked down at his Charmander. “Ready for a battle?” Kyuhyun asked and it took a few seconds before smiling brightly back at him. “Okay! So you want a battle right, Sungmin hyung? I’ll give you a good one.” Kyuhyun challenged Sungmin and Sungmin chuckled.

“Whatever, weirdo. Since you want it this way.” Sungmin looked back at his lost Bulbasaur, “Bulbasaur, use Tackle!”

The whole situation frozen for a while and a background music, which sounds like an ambulance siren, is played. Then suddenly, there is an invisible box dropping down from the sky, trapping all of them in that area. Another line of words rolled themselves out in front of Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun just read it out loudly.

‘Kyuhyun’s first Pokémon battle with Sungmin. Sungmin used Bulbasaur and Kyuhyun used Charmander. What will CHARMANDER do?’

“What is this?! Is this like the game or something?” Kyuhyun shouted at the words and they disappeared before the situation unfroze.

“Let’s battle.” Sungmin said with determination filling his eyes. The smiley Bulbasaur is no longer there and it’s replaced by a determined one, just like its trainer.

“Charmander go! Use Flamethrower!” Kyuhyun smirked as he pointed towards Bulbasaur. Charmander just looked up at him with a lot of question marks on its head like it didn’t understand what Kyuhyun is talking about. “Don’t tell me you didn’t learn that yet… Nevermind! Use Ember!” Kyuhyun pointed to Bulbasaur again but Charmander still stays confused.

“Ha! Your Charmander is not even that level to learn it yet! Are you stupid or what? Weirdo!” Sungmin laughed at Kyuhyun and pointed at Charmander. “Bulbasaur, use Leech Seed!” Bulbasaur ran towards Charmander and shoot a few seeds out from its back. Charmander started to panic.

Kyuhyun saw the seeds coming fast and quickly commanded Charmander, “Dodge it! To the left! LEFT!” When Charmander got his command, it was too late. The seeds planted themselves onto the ground surrounding it and vines grew out from it. Wrapping Charmander in place, it started to leech the health out from Charmander.

Sungmin smirked and praised his Bulbasaur, “Good job. Now let’s tackle it!” Bulbasaur nodded and ran towards the wrapped up Charmander and tackle its side. Charmander winced in pain as the tackle was quite hard and the seeds are still leeching out its health.

“What to do? What to do?” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself and Donghae stepped up towards him.

“Use Scratch. Scratch the vines away and attack it.” Donghae whispered into Kyuhyun’s ear. Kyuhyun nodded and followed his order.

“Charmander, use scratch! Scratch the vines and scratch Bulbasaur!” Kyuhyun bended down to eye level with Charmander. It got Kyuhyun’s message clear and its claws extended by a little. Charmander started to strangle as it claw its way out of the vines and run towards Bulbasaur like a ninja running.

Bulbasaur was taken aback by its move and Sungmin just commanded again, “Leech Seed again.” Bulbasaur gathered its fear and shoot out another seed, but it missed as Charmander is running zigzag across the field.

“Charmander, use Scratch!” Kyuhyun shouted as he finally become serious in the battle, ignoring the fact that Bulbasaur is Sungmin’s Pokémon. Charmander jumped up and Bulbasaur looked up. The sharp claws reflected the sunlight and blinded Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur closed its eyes and backed away but it was too late. Charmander scratches onto its back and the leaves on Bulbasaur’s back have obvious scratch marks.

“Scratch again!” Kyuhyun commanded and Charmander did a quick U-turn to flip Bulbasaur up with its claws. Leaving more marks on Bulbasaur’s back, Sungmin starts to worry.

“Growl! Growl!!” Sungmin shouted worriedly, but Bulbasaur didn’t respond to him. Bulbasaur is badly wounded and lying on the opposite side of Sungmin.

“I think it’s enough.” Kyuhyun smirked and Charmander stopped to catch its breath. The leech seed effect is still on Charmander but it’s not very effective. It didn’t as much health from it and Bulbasaur managed to stand up after a minute of lying there.

The whole situation, except Kyuhyun, froze again and Kyuhyun threw his hands up in the air.

“WHY ARE YOU KEEPING DOING THIS FREEZING THINGY TO ME!” Kyuhyun shouted towards the sky and black words rolled out in front of him.

 ‘Kyuhyun won~ Charmander gained experience and leveled up. Charmander is now level 6! $10 is taken from Sungmin.’ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: How is the first battle? Is it good? Or should it be longer? I need feedback so I can type a better battle that will be more interesting than this. If you think it's good or bad, please comment down your thoughts. If you think it's interesting, don't forget to upvote this story too~  Your comment is very appreciated. 

tumblr_mkpp6vk5Hj1rl1ahyo1_1280.jpg