let fate work this time :)

Chance /Chan.soo/

 

The intense happiness Chanyeol felt with the guy was nothing compared to being with Baekhyun. He had never felt this happier. He didn’t know why. He was just happy. Or maybe he couldn’t tell what it really was but it felt really good. It was a feeling he wished would last long.

Everything was a first for him. Eating with a stranger, walking with him along the street. But he did not mind, the man was harmless. There was nothing wrong with going out with a man who looks like your younger brother. He doesn’t know the man. Well, he doesn’t know the name, that is. But the feeling being beside this man just made him happy. He wanted to be closer to him. For just even once.

“Stay still. I’m writing it down—“

“Are you sure?”

“Of course, I am. I can’t believe I’m doing this.” The short guy answered as he wrote on a small piece of paper his name and his number. “Here, I’m done.” He said and handed it out to the overly-excited Chanyeol. Before it reached his hands, a strong gush of wind took it away. Chanyeol looked at the guy again and demanded, “Write it again. That was the wind.”

The man answered, “No. I won’t.”

“Why?” Chanyeol looked at him confusingly. “It was the wind! I swear it was!”

“It was a sign.” He answered and walked away, Chanyeol tagged along. “What sign?”

“Fate is telling us to back off. Today’s not the time yet.” He replied as he faced the puzzled Chanyeol.

“If fate is telling us to back off then why did we meet again? Why did we see each other at the ice cream shop?” Chanyeol questioned the guy.

“Well, I don’t know.” He answered.

“I gotcha.” Chanyeol concluded.

“It’s not an exact science, it’s all about the feeling.” He said and began to walk again.

“What if everything’s all made up? What if it’s all in our hands and we’re just making time pass by us? What if there’s nothing like fate at all? What if we’ll let each other walk away with no names, no number, no details, then how is fate supposed to happen?” Chanyeol asked again as he jogged up next to the guy.

The man stopped walking and looked at him.

“What?” Chanyeol asked as he looked at the man innocently.

“You gave me an idea.” He said and took out a book. A cook book covered in white with an icing cake photo on the cover.

“Don’t tell me that that thing has something to do with fate.” He eyed the cook book on the man’s hand.

“No, silly. I will write my name on this book.” He said and reached for a pen inside his bag.

“Of course, because that’s yours.” Chanyeol sarcastically answered.

“I know.” He answered and smiled.

He scribbled his name and Chanyeol tried to peek but the man turned and closed the book shut. “What was that all about?”

The guy raised the book, “I will be selling this book tomorrow at some bookstore.”

“I will buy that book before you could imagine.” Chanyeol proudly exclaimed.

“And do you know what bookstore I’m talking about?” the guy grinned.

Chanyeol scratched his head in frustration. “No.”

The guy’s smile became even wider. “That’s what I exactly meant.”

“What do you want to happen?” Chanyeol asked.

“If this book reaches you, by fate that is, you will know my name. And maybe you’ll be able to find me.” He said.

“What if it doesn’t?” Chanyeol doubted.

“It will, of course. Trust me. Trust fate.” He said.

“Why do you believe in such things?” Chanyeol asked in wonder.

“Fate is fate because you don’t know what will happen. That’s the reason why I believe in it.”

“I don’t understand.” He scratched his head again.

“People are given chances, Chanyeol. And chances are only given once.” He answered and put the book back into his bag. He walked past people enjoying the days before Christmas.

“And then what happens next? It’s not like a miracle would just pop out from some corner.” Chanyeol said and followed him.

“That’s what I’m talking about. Chances are like miracles. They are unexpected. That’s why it is called chance.” He said.

Chanyeol noticed how the man pronounced the word CHANCE. It sounded like Chansoo.

“Whatever.” Chanyeol answered and the guy beside him just laughed.

“Then how will you know my name?” Chanyeol asked again. He was surprised how the guy was patiently answering all his questions. Baekhyun got irritated when he asked too many.

“Oh right, I almost forgot.” He said and stopped in front of some open shop. “Follow me.” He said and entered.

He stopped on a rack of unfolded and piled clothes. He took out the black pentel pen he used a while ago and handed it to Chanyeol.

“What am I going to do with this?” he said and eyed the pen carefully.

“You get a shirt and write your name and number on it.” The guy answered and pointed his lips toward the pile of clothes.

“That’s illegal.” Chanyeol said and his eyes widened.

“No, that’s not. Nobody’s watching.” He said and giggled.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and the man said, “Go ahead, I’ll turn back.”

“Hey, why are you turning back?” Chanyeol asked.

“So I won’t see your name.” He answered and mimicked the way Chanyeol rolled his eyes a while ago.

“This is really something.” Chanyeol muttered to himself as he pulled out a shirt and wrote his name and number.

The man laughed and Chanyeol continued to scribble down his name. With a satisfied look he said, “Done.”

“Put it under the pile.” The guy ordered, his back still facing Chanyeol. He looked at the man with frustration. “I honestly don’t know where this is heading to.” he muttered but followed the guy’s instruction. “Finished.”

The man looked at him and smiled, “Now, let fate do the work.”

“You’re not going to find and buy it?” Chanyeol asked.

The man smiled and answered, “No.”

“Fate is not true.” Chanyeol insisted. “I don’t believe in such things.”

“Well, we’ll have to wait and see.” The guy said and reached out for Chanyeol’s wrist.

“Where are we going?” Chanyeol asked as he followed the guy.

“We’re going to the 63 city observatory.” He said and halted for a cab.

“What are we gonna do there?” Chanyeol asked. The man laughed at Chanyeol’s question.

“Of course, enjoy the sight.” He said and got in the cab.

 

When they both reach the observatory, the guy headed straight for the elevator. Chanyeol followed him but the guy insisted that he take the elevator across.

“Trust me.” The guy said and looked into Chanyeol’s eyes.

Trust me. Trusting was a big deal for Chanyeol but he felt he needed to trust the man. He trusted the man though they never really knew each other. He just felt he had to trust him.

“Okay.” Chanyeol spoke and walked towards the elevator across the guy’s.

He breathed in and looked again at the man.

“Chanyeol.” The guy called out.

“Yeah?”

“Press the floor button which you think we might meet.” He said and smiled again.

“Are you crazy? This building has 63 floors!” Chanyeol said.

“That’s why. That’s exactly the reason why we’re here. We’ll see how fate works. The chances, Chanyeol. The chances.” He said. The same time he looked at Chanyeol, both doors opened.

“Get in.” The guy instructed and Chanyeol followed. The guy also got in but never left Chanyeol’s eyes.

He breathed and smiled at Chanyeol. “Oh, wait. Before I forget.” He said and threw a bag across the place. Chanyeol caught it with both hands.

“It’s Kyungsoo. My name is Kyungsoo.” The guy said before the door closed.

 

 

Chanyeol bit his lips and looked at the circular buttons in front of him. Pick me! He heard all the numbers shout at him. He closed his eyes and made his hand do all the work. Let fate decide for me. He pushed a button and opened his eyes. Let fate decide for us.

 

 

 

 

58th floor. He picked the 58th floor.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo looked at his watch. It was evening already. He pressed a button unknowingly.

 

 

 

 

58th floor. He had no other choice. Let us make fate decide for us.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol had the confidence, he will be meeting Kyungsoo across the room when the elevator door opens. He looked at the bag on his hand. When he opened it, a mitten welcomed him. The other pair was missing. It must be with Kyungsoo.

He was already excited when the elevator reached the 35th floor. We will meet Kyungsoo, we will.

To his dismay, the doors opened. A man with a hyper kid got in. He smiled at them and at the same time the doors closed, the kid pressed all the buttons.

“What did you do?!” Chanyeol shouted at the kid.  He groaned in disbelief and the father of the child looked at him.

He explained everything to the man after that.

 

 

Kyungsoo reach the 58th floor and waited for the door to open. He inhaled as the door opened before his very eyes.

His smile vanished when he saw that the elevator across his did not open. Chanyeol must have gone to another floor.

He got out of the elevator and waited for the other one to reach the floor.

 

The elevator stopped at the 39th floor.

“He’s not here!” Chanyeol said and got in again. The elevator was jam-packed with people but everyone was there to help him.

 

 

It was already five minutes, and Kyungsoo was getting tired. I knew it, fate is trying to pull us away.

He sighed, gave up and walked towards the waiting elevator across where he was standing. He counted ten seconds before finally letting the door close.

That moment, Chanyeol finally reached the 58th floor.

“He’s not here!” He shouted. But he felt Kyungsoo was here a while ago. He just had the feeling.

He groaned and got in. He reached the 63rd floor and looked for Kyungsoo. There was no way Kyungsoo could’ve gone home. That guy wouldn’t give up that easily. Not this time.

He wandered around the place for a few minutes. He caught sight of someone shorter than him and smiled, it was Kyungsoo. Finally, they met again.

“Kyungsoo!” He said and pulled the guy.

“Who are you?” the puzzled man looked at him.

It wasn’t Kyungsoo. It was some guy he didn’t even know.

 

 

After a few moments, he gave up and lost his hope. He went out the building without any chance. Fate is not true, I knew it.

He had one thing he’ll keep though. Kyungsoo. That name.

He could easily look for him, but Seoul alone had more or less 60+ males with that name. It was impossible to see him again.

 

 

 

He left 63 observatory and promised himself that he will never believe in fate again.

No such thing existed.

 

 

 

A/N: I stayed up late just to finish the second chapter and update this one. so, what do you think will happen next guys? *winks* don't worry, everything has been planned and we decided to make it ... you know.. *insert creeper smile here* HAHAHAHA! anyway, we hope you enjoyed the first two parts. we will work harder for the next coming chapters! :) THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :*