first time :)

Chance /Chan.soo/

It was a cold winter day and Chanyeol was looking for a perfect gift for his special one, Byun Baekhyun. He hasn’t had the courage to ask him out yet but tomorrow, he’ll definitely muster to tell him his feelings. But the problem was HE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO! He’ll probably go all crazy when Baekhyun starts to look into his eyes. Or worse, he’ll fall flat on his face when he walks toward him.

That was his problem. He never tried to confess to anybody. Well, not until now. Baekhyun was the only guy that made him feel this way. The feeling was so unusual. He never felt it before so he couldn’t tell if it was infatuation or love. But since he was a bit dim-witted, he immediately concluded it as love. They said that the feeling of love lasted for more than four months. That’s why he promptly thought it was already love. He knows it was stupid to immediately think of it as love but then, he was known for making hasty decisions.

Byun Baekhyun was his friend. Not exactly the one he usually hangs out with. Baekhyun was a guy Chanyeol admired from afar. He just had this very pretty aura that surrounded him. He really did not know how to explain it. One day, he saw Baekhyun and that was it. No words left his mouth. He just liked Baekhyun until it turned to love.

He doesn’t know if Baekhyun felt the same way. But for him, as long as he’s happy, then it’s fine. He’ll be contented with almost anything that makes him happy, especially when those things are related to Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol spotted a pair of white mittens that hung near the socks. He walked his way towards it. As he reached for it, another hand met his. He looked at the person.

It was a wide-eyed guy staring right back at him, with full lips and unbearable cuteness. He hasn’t noticed he has been holding the guy’s hand until the guy blushed and pulled away.

“You like those too?” Chanyeol asked the guy. He nodded and smiled.

“You can take it.” Chanyeol said, grinned and handed the mittens to the short guy.

“No, it’s okay. Take it, you saw them first.” He replied and gave it back to Chanyeol.

“No, really, they’re yours. You could take them if you want.” Chanyeol argued and gave it back to him.

“If you’re not going to take it then I won’t. If I do, then it’s unfair for you. I know you saw them first.” The guy answered as he placed the mittens back to its original place.

“I’d feel bad if you won’t take them.” Chanyeol pouted and the guy laughed.

“I’d feel bad if you won’t take them too.” He answered and gave the mittens back to Chanyeol.

“Aww, c’mon, they’re yours.” Chanyeol resisted and gave it back to him.

“They’re not mine. I haven’t paid for them yet.” He replied calmly and gave it back to Chanyeol.

“Okay, if no one’s going to take it then I’ll put it back here.” He said and placed it on the hanger.

Before the short guy could complain, another man reached for the pair of mittens. Chanyeol and the short guy reacted at the same time, shouting a ‘hey’  at the man’s direction. The puzzled man looked at them with confusion. He was of the same age as them, maybe a bit older but he stood shorter than the two.

“That’s his!” Chanyeol and the guy said at the same time while pointing at each other’s faces.

“What?” The man asked, confusion set behind his eyes.

“They’re his.” The guy across Chanyeol said.

“Who actually is going to buy this?” The man asked and looked at the two of them.

“Him!” Both of them answered while they pointed at each other.

The man frowned at them and Chanyeol cleared his throat. “Really, who’s going to take this?” He asked as he raised the mittens to his face.

“Calm down.” Chanyeol said.

“It’s five days before Christmas and you’re telling me to calm down?” The man said jokingly. Without any second thoughts, Chanyeol gestured the short guy across him to talk and disturb the man.

“Uhh, you know he’ll be my boyfriend after 4 months.” The guy said and pointed to Chanyeol. Chanyeol immediately understood what the guy was trying to say. He nodded in agreement. The guy mouthed a 'go on'  to Chanyeol.

“And yeah, but before that, we decided to, you know, uhh… Know each other better.” Chanyeol inserted. The man between glanced at both of them, confusion behind his eyes.

“Uhh… Because if we rush then… You know what’ll happen next.” The guy continued on.

The man between them nodded like a lost puppy and smiled. “Okay, then. I’ll have to look for another gift. Merry Christmas to you, guys!” He said and walked away. Chanyeol and the guy waved at the man who was walking away.

“Okay, you take them.” Chanyeol said and handed the mittens to the guy.

The guy had no other choice but to take it. He smiled as he took it to the counter while Chanyeol tagged along.

 

They ended up at some ice cream shop where they talked about things and stuff.

“The food’s kinda great here.” Chanyeol said as he stuffed his mouth with strawberry ice cream.

“You’ve never been actually here?” The guy asked as he watched Chanyeol eat happily.

“Nope, I’m too busy to wander around the city.” Chanyeol answered and reached out for the piece of cake across the table. The guy happily gave it to him.

“Aw, that’s too bad.” He answered and Chanyeol nodded in agreement as he stuffed a bit of the cake into his mouth.

That afternoon, they talked about almost anything that came into their minds. Except for one, their names.

 

Chanyeol halted a cab for the guy and said, “Is there anything else you’d like to say to me?”

“Nothing.” The guy answered as he smiled at Chanyeol.

“At least tell me your name.” He insisted.

“Not now.” He answered.

“I’m Chanyeol, does that make a difference?” He forced.

“It’s too early to tell you my name.” He reasoned out.

“Aww, c’mon, you should at least tell me something.” He said grumpily.

The man placed a warm hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder before saying, “Chuk Seong Tan, Chanyeol.” He smiled and got in the cab.

“That was it?!” Chanyeol gaped at the leaving cab and walked away. He was on his way to the subway when he sneezed badly.

 

And that was when Chanyeol noticed that he left his handkerchief at the ice cream shop. He groaned in disbelief and traced back his steps.

“I think I left my handkerchief here.” He said to the person behind the counter.

“Try checking the place where you stayed, it must still be there.” He answered as he turned to continue his work.

Chanyeol pouted and headed upstairs.

 

On the other hand, the guy left the paper bag at the shop and went back for it. When he reached the place, he got the paper bag in his hand and saw a handkerchief. He took it with him and turned to go. He stopped and smiled.

Chanyeol walked towards him, a wide grin on his face.

“Hey.” Chanyeol breathed.

“Hey.” The guy answered and gave him the handkerchief.

“Wanna go somewhere?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah, sure.” He replied, breathless.

 

 

A/N: Okay, this is the first part. I know you guys are wondering why I did not mention the "short guy's" name here. It's only for some reasons behind the story. Don't see it as confusing, it was only meant for the foreword part. Don't worry, his name will be revealed on the next chapter. I originally wanted to make it a bit longer but since I'm too excited for you guys, I have decided to post the first part. Tell us what you think? :) We'll be waiting!~