Chapter 001

In the Shadows [Girl Group/Mystery] Apply Closed

Basic Info

------------------------------

[Livingroom | Kitchen | Dining Room | Guest Bathroom | Basement | Layout]
[Jineva - Room | Bathroom]
[Papillon - Room | Bathroom]
[ZukiMi - Room | Bathroom]
[Ai - Room | Bathroom]


Name: Evpraksiya Kuzenkova | Yoo Jin Ah
Stagename: Jineva
Age: 25
Birthday: October 31
Ethnicity: Russian-Korean
Bloodtype: O
Height: 157cm
Weight: 46kg
Company: SM Entertainment
Position: Leader, Main Vocalist, Lead Rapper


Name: Patricia Faye Jeon | Jeon Soo Ji
Stagename: Papillon
Age: 23
Birthday: October 15
Ethnicity: Korean-Filipino
Bloodtype: A
Height: 158cm
Weight: 50kg
Company: JYP Entertainment
Position: Vocalist, Main Rapper, Lead Dancer


Name: Yeo 'Mizuki' SeuMi
Stagename: ZukiMi
Age: 22
Birthday: February 25
Ethnicity: Japanese-Korean
Bloodtype: B
Height: 160cm
Weight: 47kg
Company: Cube Entertainment
Position: Lead Vocalist, Main Dancer


Name: Jang AiRin
Stagename: Ai
Age: 19
Birthday: March 26
Ethnicity: Korean
Bloodtype: A
Height: 165cm
Weight: 47kg
Company: YG
Position: Maknae, Face of the Group, Triple Threat

------------------------------------------

Departure

[Outfits - Jineva | Papillon | ZukiMi | Ai]

------------------------------------------

Eva looked around her room before shutting the door and setting the last of her bags by the couch in her living room. She did one last round through her apartment to make sure she had grabbed everything. She had been living in the same apartment for nearly seven years. She bit her lip as she took one last glance around. There was a knock on the door and she jumped as Mei Rin and Onew walked in.

"Ready to go, noona?"

Eva chuckled and nodded. "Neh." She grabbed a couple of the lighter bags and laughed softly as Onew fumbled with a couple of the heavier suitcases. Mei Rin eventually handed him the bags of medium weight and grabbed the heavier ones so he wouldn't trip on the way to the elevator.

The three friends made their way outside after the elevator ride and loaded up the car before taking off toward Eva's new home.

----

"I'd love to help you move, but I'm helping one of our trainees today. Maybe I'll see you?"

"Ate," Soo Ji sighed. "Fine. Fine. Maybe you'll see me." She shrugged and hung up the phone before looking at her three duffle bags and singular suitcase. She smiled to herself and grabbed the suitcase and her bags. She left the JYP dorm building, bumping into her manager on the way out. "Mianhae sunbae."

"It's fine, Jiji," Yubin grinned, taking two of the bags from the rookie. "Come on, come on. We have to get you to your new home~!" She said excitedly, throwing the luggage into the trunk of her car.

"Kamsa unnie for helping me," Soo Ji smiled, climbing into the front seat. "Where is the new dorm anyway?"

Yubin grinned as she started the vehicle. "Oh, you'll love it~!"

----

Knock. Knock.

Knock. Knock.

"What?" Mizuki nearly snapped as she opened the door.

On the other side of the open door, Yoseob stood with his hands up innocently. "Sorry Zuki, just thought I'd come by and see if you needed any help."

"Oh, right." Mizuki smiled slightly. "Bad morning. My stuff is over there." She pointed to the door that led to her old bedroom. It was hard leaving the dorm. She had been here for at least four years, after leaving SM. She sighed and grabbed a bag, seeing as Yoseob had already grabbed the rest of the luggage.

The two left the dorm building and were met outside by a company car. Yoseob lifted the luggage into the trunk and the two climbed into the backseat.

"Excited?"

"Nervous."

"That will pass," Yoseob chuckled.

----

"I'm helping one of our trainees today," Dara said into her cellphone before hanging up and looking at AiRin. "Ready to go, Yinnie-ah?"

"Neh!" AiRin smiled brightly, finishing her breakfast and jumping up from the table. She looked around the cafeteria and sighed. "I've been here for so long... This is so strange."

"You'll be fine, AIRin-unnie." Minzy grinned, ruffling the nineteen year old's hair. "Now let's get out of here."

AiRin smiled as they left the cafeteria. AiRin linked arms with CL and Bom, going to AiRin's dorm to grab her things.

After each girl grabbing a suitcase or bag, they went outside to the company car.

As Minzy and AiRin were loading the trunk and chatting with CL, the older 2NE1 members were having a heated discussion about who was going to drive. At the moment, Dara had the keys.

"Unnies, let's just go~!" AiRin laughed, sliding into the backseat and pulling Minzy in with her.

CL got into the backseat as well and Dara was set to drive.

----------------------------------

The Arrival

-----------------------------------

"Here we are~!" Mei Rin grinned, pulling the car to a stop in front of a rather large house.

"Woah..." Eva breathed, shaking her head. She climbed out of the car and looked at the house. She smiled at her friends as she was handed one of her bags. The three walked into the house and picked up a keyring from the table beside the door with Eva's stagename on it. She smiled at the uniquely designed keychain that was her name. Besides the personalized keychain, the keyring held two keys, a house key and the key to her room, and another keychain that was simply 'SM'.

"Come on, come on~!" Mei Rin smiled brightly, bouncing on her toes. "I want you to see your room~!"

Eva raised an eyebrow at the trainee before walking down the hallway to the left, being led by Onew. She unlocked the door and walked in. "It's beautiful... Oh look, a window seat." She smiled softly and set her bag down, walking over to the window seat and sitting on it. She inhaled deeply and then looked at her friends.

"We designed it," Onew grinned proudly.

"Jinjja?" Eva questioned, hopping up from her seat and hugging both of them. "Thank you." She said softly, unable to quit smiling.

----

"Oh, looks like someone's already here." Yubin mused as she pulled up in front of the house. She looked at the other car and shrugged. "Ready to move in?"

"Neh~" Soo Ji smiled, opening the car door and sliding out. She grabbed a couple of her bags from the trunk and waited for Yubin before walking in. She grabbed one of the sets of keys, smiling. "Papillon." She chuckled at her personalized keychain and smiled at the one that said 'JYP'. She looked at the two keys and was led by Yubin to the hallway on the left. 

"Open the door. Open the door." Yubin said impatiently.

Soo Ji rolled her eyes, smiling at her manager as she unlocked the door. "I get my own bathroom? That's awesome." She grinned, walking around her room before plopping on the bed. "I love it."

"Dara-unnie and I decorated it," Yubin smiled. "Well, with the help of Kibum-ssi as well when Dara-unnie had to help with YG's room."

Soo Ji smiled. "Thank you. I love it so much already."

----

"We're here, wake up sleeping beauty," Yoseob chuckled, shaking Mizuki slightly as he stopped the car.

Mizuki blinked and stretched, rolling her eyes at her dearest friend. "Woah. They went all out for this group, didn't they?" She scoffed under her breath as she and Yoseob grabbed her luggage. "Home sweet home."

"Someone's in a mood today," Yoseob teased as he held the front door open for her.

"Didn't get much sleep. Voices and noises and such," Mizuki mumbled, shaking her head to try and rid herself of the headache. She knew he didn't think she was being serious when she said such things, but it still felt a little better to let it out. She looked at the keychains and grabbed the one with her stagename and Cube on it. She fiddled with the two keys as Yoseob led her down the hallway to the right.

"I hope you like it," Yoseob smiled, bouncing slightly.

Mizuki rolled her eyes and unlocked the door, stepping into the room. She smiled at the dim light that came through and the earthy feel of the room. "Wow. Who did this?"

"Well, it was me and Jiyoon and Ilhoon," Yoseob smiled widely.

Mizuki smiled just slightly, hugging her best friend. "It's beautiful."

----

"Last ones to arrive," Bom pouted.

"Oh hush you," CL teased, climbing out of the car as Dara shifted to park.

The five girls all got out of the car and grabbed one of AiRin's bags each. They walked into the house chatting with each other happily.

"Oh look," AiRin smiled, grabbing the last set of keys from the table. "My stagename." She chuckled, pointing to the personalized keychain that had 'Ai' on it.

"And your company," Minzy pointed to the other keychain.

"YG," AiRin said happily. "I love this already."

"Your room, your room~!" Bom said, playfully pushing AiRin toward the hallway on the right. She unlocked the door and stepped inside. "Oh wow." She set her bag on her bed. "It's so... Purple." She laughed, walking into the bathroom for a moment.

"We designed it~!" Dara said, smiling widely.

"Well, us and that L kid from Infinite," CL teased playfully.

------------------------------

The Meeting

------------------------------

It had been a few hours since the friends and label mates had left the house, and the four girls were all still in their separate rooms. All the doors were shut and there was different music or sounds coming from each room.

"Okay, these girls have got to meet each other before training tomorrow," Ki-Bum sighed, walking into the house with the stylists and trainers behind him. "Aish." He shook his head and walked through the hallways knocking on the doors. "Get out here and introduce yourselves girls! Come on! Come on!"

Eva jumped as she heard the knocking on her door. She turned down her music and grabbed her keychain; she stood from her bed and left her room, locking the door behind her. She walked to the livingroom and sat on the window seat there.

Soo Ji turned off her television and opened her door. She heard voices in the living room and sighed softly. "Deep breaths, Jiji." She said quietly to herself before leaving her room, not bothering to shut the door behind her.

Mizuki jerked back to reality rather violently and winced at the pain in her head. She turned off the soft music and groaned. She stood from her bed and left her room, shutting the door behind her.

AiRin flinched at the sound of the knocking and then laughed quietly. "Oppa, I have to go now. I'll call later and see how the rest of Infinite's doing, arasso?" She hung up the phone and left her room, bouncing into the living room as the last of Shadows.

"Finally~! Our four stars!" Ki-Bum smiled. "I will introduce myself first and then I will hand it over to your handlers, then you will introduce yourselves. Arasso?" After getting some sort of affirmative from everyone in the room, he continued. "I am Hong Ki-Bum, the manager of Shadows."

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hong Jin Sil; I am your dance trainer."

"I'm the vocal trainer; my name is Shin Ji Ra."

"Kesia Hikaru imnida, and I am the make-up artist for Shadows."

"Annyeong, Kim Hyun imnida - the hair stylist for Shadows."

"And I am Yoo Dae Min~ Your wardrobe coordinator."

"Girls, it's your turn," Ki-Bum smiled. "Let's start with the leader, neh? Which one of you is the leader?"

"I am," Eva spoke softly, raising her hand slightly. She stood from her window seat and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo. Yoo Jin Ah imnida, or Evpraksiya Kuzenkova; I will be better known as Jineva, the leader of Shadows."

"Next in age?"

"A-annyeonghasey," Soo Ji said shyly. "Jeon Soo Ji imnia, also known as Patricia Faye Jeon. I am Papillon, the main rapper and lead dancer."

"Next? Ah, Mizuki."

Mizuki nodded her head to Ki-Bum and sighed. "Annyeong, Yeo SeuMi imnida, or Mizuki. I am the lead vocal and main dancer of Shadows, ZukiMi."

"I guess that leaves me," AiRin smiled. She bowed. "Jang AiRin imnida, also known as Ai of Shadows. I am the maknae, the face, and the triple threat."

"Now that we all know each other, here are the schedules for the next month. You will debut by the end of the year; the date is yet unknown." Ki-Bum explained as he handed each person in the room a detailed schedule.

"You're even dictating when and what we eat?" Soo Ji spoke up, her eyes wide and watery.

"Monday through Saturday, yes," Ki-Bum said, nodding. "On Sundays you get a freeday."

Soo Ji pouted and sat on the couch, looking through the schedule.

"Now that you have schedules, the trainers, stylists, and I must take our leave. There should have been a card in each of your rooms with a ledger book and a list of house rules. The card is to buy your groceries with; I have been given information on each of your personal diets and have had money put on your cards to accomodate you girls until the end of the year. After debut, you will get a monthly pay rate that should be more than enough to pay for your needs."

The four girls sat in the living room as the others left. They looked around at each other and sat in silence until someone's stomach rumbled.

AiRin giggled. "Who was that?"

"Me," Soo Ji said quietly. "I haven't eaten since before the move."

"Come to think of it, neither have I," Mizuki said, looking around. "Should we go get groceries?"

AiRin looked at the clock on the wall and tilted her head. "It's only three; we could go to the nearest store."

"We don't have a car," Mizuki countered.

"We could call someone?" Soo Ji suggested.

"Who? Everyone I know is in training at the moment," AiRin shrugged.

"I know someone," Eva said softly. She walked to her room and unlocked her door. She set down her schedule and picked up the card that was on her dresser. She grabbed her phone and hit the number 3 on her speed dial. "Oppa, can you come take me and my group members to the market...?" She paused. "Kamsa oppa." She left her room, locking behind her once more.

"So?" AiRin asked, tilting her head.

"Go grab your cards." Eva ordered quietly.

The younger three listened and by the time everyone was ready, their ride was waiting outside.

Eva got into the front seat while the other three slid into the back. They made their way to the nearest market and went their separate ways to get their own personal favorites. They all met back up after checking out; they got back in the car and made it back to the house by five-thirty.

It was a bit awkward as the four girls made their own separate meals in silence. Well, almost silence. There were three different things being cooked on the stove that were sizzling, the microwave was beeping, and a blender was whirring.

Eva's 'meal' finished first, considering it was simply fruits and soy milk blended together with a bit of protein powder. She took her smoothie to her room and locked herself inside with her music.

Soo Ji was next with her apple slices, chicken stir-fry -minus the carrots-, and glass of soda, plus a small piece of cake for dessert. She went back to her room, turned her television on to watch Panda and Hedgehog and opened her laptop to liveblog the episode.

Mizuki finished her traditional Japanese meal and retreated to the dining room to eat it. She liked the Japanese-style dining room; it made her feel connected to the culture she grew up with.

AiRin walked through the kitchen, making a quick dinner for herself was something that hadn't changed through all of this. She was glad to be in a group finally, but having to move and train harder - that was something she'd have to adjust to, and she wasn't looking forward to it.

Though every girl did her separate thing after fixing dinner, they all had similar thoughts. Who were these girls? What made them so special? How was this group even going to work out in the end? Were they going to make it?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh dear Goddess, this was a long chapter.
I've been working on it since this afternoon, no lie.
Not all chapters will be this long; this is just them leaving their old homes and getting used to their new home.
Yes, the four companies got the girls a house rather than putting them in a dorm. Because I said so.
So, not as awkward as I could have made it, but I like this chapter anyway. Hope you enjoy.
It's now 1 in the morning and I'm going to go to bed now.
Next chapter will be the first day of training together. Luckily for them they have a dance studio in their basement. Lol.
Well, night~!

<3