5.

A XiuChen Love Story

 

 

It was in the end of July when EXO went to Thailand to start their promotions. The weather was humid and slightly suffocating when they got out from the airport and jumped into their car. Chen sat down next to Xiumin who sat beside Lu Han while Tao, Kris and Lay shared the other seats.

Chen leaned his head on Xiumin’s shoulder and the older looked a little at him before turning back to Lu Han and continued talking about their excitement over being in Thailand for the first time. They arrived shortly at the hotel and Xiumin was handed a key for his room and looked around for someone to share his room with, it was already clear to them all that Lu Han wanted to share his room with Sehun while asking Tao or Kris was just not an option.

Xiumin glanced at Chen who was almost waiting for Xiumin to ask him if he wanted to share but he tore his gaze away and walked over to Lay. Chen felt his heart sink just a little bit. ‘I should have guessed’ he thought as he sighed heavily and started to play with the straps of his bag.

“I guess it’s you and me” said that familiar voice and Chen looked up. Xiumin smiled at him and Chen managed a small smile before nodding. He looked over at Lay who was talking to Lu Han, what had made Xiumin come over to him as his last resort? “Come on, let’s get up to our room” Xiumin continued while he grabbed Chen’s hand and started pulling him with him toward the elevators.

Chen felt his heart pound in his chest as Xiumin grabbed his hand but he forced away the blush that so desperately wanted to creep up his cheeks. He couldn’t get such a little act to have him wind up all his feelings, after all; Xiumin probably would have wanted to share his room with someone else, possibly Lay, but he had denied him.

They stood in the elevator alone and a slightly awkward silence rose. Xiumin cleared his throat but said nothing and Chen continued to look straight down on the floor. He felt bad for Xiumin who had been forced to share room with him. They got out of the elevator and Chen followed Xiumin as they walked down the hallway as Xiumin scanned the numbers on the door to find the one identical to the numbers on his key.

He stopped outside a room and Chen almost bumped into his back but avoided it by stumbling past him and Xiumin glanced at him before he chuckled and Chen cursed himself for being so clumsy. They walked in to find a simple room with two beds put together in a king sized bed. The room also had a television, a mini-bar and a bathroom.

Chen stopped at the door and looked at the bed as Xiumin sat down on it and bounced at it a few times to test it. He then looked at Chen and smiled. “You don’t mind do you?” he asked and Chen shook his head slowly and walked then over to the other side of the bed. He slowly climbed onto it and sat there for a good ten seconds before laying down.

“I’m going to take a shower” Xiumin said and stood up. Chen didn’t reply and Xiumin looked over at the younger who was staring out the window at the dark blue sky he smiled before disappearing into the bathroom. When he came out he found Chen sitting on the foot end of the bed, towel and a change of clothes in hand as he stared at the TV. Chen looked up when he heard Xiumin exit the bathroom and he stood up and walked into the bathroom to take a shower himself.

When Chen exited the bathroom he found the TV off and it was already dark outside. He looked at the clock and it had already been a few hours since they arrived and he guessed that the rest of EXO already had arrived to and he smiled. He then looked at the bed where Xiumin was under the covers. His glasses were resting on the bridge of his nose and he was concentrating on the book in his lap.

Chen walked quietly over to his bag, placed the used clothes there before he climbed into bed and laid his head on the pillow. Xiumin glanced at Chen to the left of him and smiled a little before he continued reading. He read a few more pages before closing his book and taking of his glasses. He laid down in the bed and switched of the table lamp beside himself before curling together into a ball under the covers. He turned to his left and closed his eyes to sleep.

Chen turned to his right while having his eyes closed and grunted a little as his feet got slightly tangled in the covers and he kicked his legs to free them and then he relaxed again. He opened his eyes slightly to find Xiumin looking at him and he opened his eyes and stared back. “Hyung?” he asked quietly.

“Mmh.” Xiumin answered and continued to look at Chen. He was again studying the facial structure of the boy, just like he had when they were debuting. It somehow calmed him to look at Chen, he didn’t know how but it did.

“What is it?” Chen asked as quietly as before and Xiumin sighed. He couldn’t just tell Chen that his face made him relax. And he could neither tell him that he just wanted to feel those soft looking lips on his own as he just glanced at them for a second. But he could see something in Chen’s eyes that he had a hard time describing.

“Is there something bothering you?” he asked instead and he saw Chen tense up slightly but the younger shook his head but Xiumin wouldn’t buy it. “You know you can always tell hyung if there’s something bothering you.” Xiumin said with a smile and felt his cheeks heat up just a little and he was happy that it wasn’t light enough for Chen to see his cheeks become red. He saw Chen nod and the younger closed his eyes slowly. Xiumin smiled and then he slipped his hand out from under his covers and reached for Chen’s hand that was resting beside his pillow. He took the hand in his carefully and he saw Chen’s eyes flutter open slowly and he just flashed a smile as he intertwined their fingers together and he closed his own eyes.

Chen looked at Xiumin and then at their joined hands and a small smile crept up his lips. He contemplated to say anything and soon he heard the steady breaths coming from between Xiumin’s lips and he sighed. “I love you Hyung” he whispered as silently as possible, barley loud enough for himself to hear. Then he closed his eyes and squeezed Xiumin’s hand just a little bit before falling into a deep sleep.

The following morning Chen woke up by Xiumin’s careful shaking of his body and he opened his eyes to see a smiling Xiumin in front of him and he managed a small smile himself as he sat up. “Come on, we better hurry and get down to eat breakfast before going to the mini-concert” Xiumin said and stood up. Chen nodded and changed out of his shorts to a pair of jeans and he also changed his wife beater into a T-shirt before he somehow managed to slip on his shoes and he followed Xiumin out from the room.

They were met by the rest of EXO in the dining area where they ate food together, all ten of them. Kris and Suho had excused themselves to eat together because they had something important to discuss. Probably about the group or something. The boys ate happily and then they were ushered by their manager into two different rooms, one for EXO-K and another for EXO-M. There were their cordi’s waiting and they changed into performing outfits and got their hair and make-up done. They jumped into their van and drove off to Siam Discovery.

They were met by a huge mob of fans, waiting for them, screaming and waving at them as they walked inside. They performed History and MAMA. Chen noticed how Xiumin hit his leg against something, he didn’t see what but he was sure it hurt since the older man winced and frowned as they finished the dance. Chen looked over at Xiumin who carefully stepped off the stage and he followed him off as EXO-K started dancing.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Chen asked as he ran over to Xiumin who was leaning against a chair while he scrunched his face. He looked up at Chen and flashed him a smile, trying to re-assure him that he was okay and Chen bit his lip. He wanted to believe Xiumin but he wasn’t convinced.

Lu Han ran over to Xiumin and told him that they had to come up on stage now and Xiumin nodded while Lu Han put his arm around him and lifted him up. They walked up on stage and helped him to get into position as Chen followed behind closely.

They performed and Chen saw the strained expression on Xiumin’s face throughout the whole day, in the interview he looked relaxed as he had a chance to sit down and Chen smiled and they finished off the mini live together. They said bye to the fans and Xiumin waved at the fans as he stood on stage and Chen walked up to Xiumin. He put his arm around his Hyung’s neck from behind and smiled as Xiumin looked back to see Chen.

They walked off the stage and toward the car which they got into. Xiumin climbed inside and sat down in the car while Chen followed him into the car and sat down next to him. The drive was rather quiet and they soon arrived at the hotel. Chen jumped off and waited for Xiumin to exit and he looked at his hyung as they walked to the entrance and he noticed how Xiumin was slightly limping beside him. Chen grabbed Xiumin’s arm and threw it over his neck. Xiumin glanced over at Chen who just smiled brightly at him and they continued into the hotel and took the elevator to their floor before going into their room.

Xiumin sat down on the couch and Chen threw off his jacket and placed it on a hanger. He reached toward Xiumin who slipped off his jacket and handed it to Chen who hung it up. They changed their stage clothes into shorts and t-shirts. Xiumin stayed on his bed as Chen went around the room getting them water and something to eat. Then he sat down his side of the bed and looked at Xiumin who was reading is book again.

“Xiumin Hyung” Chen started; he wanted to talk with Xiumin about how his leg was. He was sincerely worried about his hyung.

“Minseok.” Xiumin corrected but did not look up from his book.

“What?” Chen asked, slightly confused. He had always been calling his favorite hyung by his stage name.

“For you it’s Minseok, not Xiumin” Xiumin said with a smile but he continued to look down at the book.

“Minseok Hyug” Chen started again and Xiumin nodded. “How’s your leg? Does it hurt?” Chen asked and Xiumin looked up. He closed his book and smiled.

“It’s fine. It doesn’t hurt as much anymore” he said and sat up in the bed to face Chen who was sitting turned towards him with his legs crossed and Xiumin sat down in front of him in the same way. “Thank you for caring” he continued and Chen looked down into his lap as he fiddled with hem of his shorts. His cheeks heated up just a little and Xiumin noticed this and smirked.

“It’s just that… you’re my favorite hyung and I don’t want to see you hurt” Chen mumbled and Xiumin felt his heart speed up. I’m his favorite hyung?! He thought happily and smiled at Chen. He was happy about being the young boy’s favorite hyung, it meant much to him.

“Thank you.” He said and smiled. He took Chen’s hand in his like he had done yesterday. He was tired of sending him signals about that he liked Chen and he sighed before opening his mouth to try and tell the boy. “It really means a lot to me that I’m your favorite hyung.” He said with a smile and Chen’s face turned just a little bit redder. “And I want you to know that you’re my favorite dongsaeng”

Chen looked up at Xiumin’s slightly flushed face that also had a bright smile. Chen’s lips stretched out into a smile before he flung himself across the bed and onto Xiumin. He put his arms around his hyung’s neck as they then fell down onto the bed. Xiumin laughed as he felt Chen’s body on top of him and he put his arms around Chen’s waist.

Chen pulled away to look at Xiumin again. Those perfectly rounded cheek and small eyes. They fit so perfectly together and his gaze fell down to his small lips. Xiumin looked up at Chen to study his face again, like he had done the night before. That facial structure that calmed him down and he smiled a little as he looked into Chen’s dark brown eyes and they stared at each other. Chen gulped and carefully leaned down toward Xiumin’s face and studied his reaction. Xiumin did nothing to stop him; instead he closed his eyes as their lips were just an inch apart. Chen closed his eyes and let his lips hover over the other’s lips. He felt Xiumin’s warm breath against his face and he sighed in content.

“Are you going to kiss me or what?” Xiumin mumbled, his lips brushing just a little against Chen’s. At the question Chen leaned down and pressed his lips messily against Xiumin’s. Xiumin sighed as he felt those slightly chapped lips against his own and he hugged Chen just a little bit closer to himself and their lips molded against each other in synch.

Chen pulled away and looked down at Xiumin who slowly opened up his eyes and looked back at him. They just stared at each other and Chen brushed away a piece of hair out of Xiumin’s face. “I love you hyung” he whispered, making Xiumin smiled.

“I love you too ChenChen” he said and Chen chuckled a little at the all too familiar nickname. “Are we just going to lay here or are we going to go eat with the others?” Xiumin said and Chen sat up and climbed off Xiumin. There was a knock on the door and Chen went to answer it to find Lu Han and Sehun stand outside.

“We are going down to eat so we thought we’d come and get you since everybody else just left” Sehun said and Chen nodded. He looked over at Xiumin who was walking out to the hall, putting on a pair of flip flops alongside Chen and Xiumin closed the door after him. After closing the door he walked over to Chen and took the younger’s hand in his and intertwined their hands as they walked to the elevator, leaving a stunned HunHan pair behind them.

Let me tell you something, it was something of a relief for the rest of EXO to see that Chen and Xiumin had finally gotten together. They had become tired of seeing the signals the couple sent each other without noticing the other’s signals.

And about Xiumin and Chen themselves, they were both happy to finally be able to show the other that they loved that one and they did it daily by just giving simple encouraging glances or notes. It was rather cheesy and the members of EXO-M almost wanted to break them off at some points. 

_________

A/N: Hi, so this is the last chappie :( But anyways, tell me what you thought of the whole story! And don't forget to check out my other story The Story Of How He CAme To Be Who He Is, which is a TaoRis story. 

I don't know if I'll be writing another story, I have been writing a bit on a HunHan story but... I don't know if I'll be making it... maybe sometime later :) 

Hope you enjoyed this story, see you around! :3