3.

A XiuChen Love Story

 

It was 31st of March when the boys were finally debuting. Their Showcase in Seoul was the first one and the 12 boys were all on edge the whole day. They were all nervous wrecks and ran around backstage, trying to find different things and people.

Chen couldn’t stay in one place as he ran around the place. He was nervous but still felt rather confident in his singing. Xiumin watched as Chen ran back and forward, making him dizzy before he finally grabbed Chen. “Stay still, will you? You’re making me dizzy” he said and put his hands on the shoulders of the younger. Chen took a deep breath and nodded.

He stood in front of Xiumin who studied his face as they just stood there, waiting the last five minutes. Xiumin had never noticed the beautiful bone structure in Chen’s face and those soft looking lips bent in perfection. He wanted to touch those lips but managed to hold back, Chen would definitely think he was insane if he did.

“We are starting in two minutes!” a man yelled backstage and the leaders of both groups gathered everyone together.

“Okay guys. This is big. This is our day, and those out there are our fans. Our fans.” Suho said and they nodded.

“So now we have to give it the best we got okay?” Kris continued and they answered with a yes.

“Okay, together.” Suho said and put his hand in the middle. The boys piled their hands on each other’s and then they looked at each other.

“We are ONE!” they yelled out and then they walked to their groups and EXO-K got out first. The showcase went well, Chen was overwhelmed with the people who had come to see them, he and anyone else would never have guessed how many people would come to see them.

They answered a few fan sent questions and they were all surprised that they already had fans outside Korea and more importantly outside Asia. When they said goodbye and exited the stage he felt how his nerves disappeared and he almost fell together. He looked around the room and found everybody hugging each other.

Suho was crying, Chen could understand, he had been training longest for this and Chen could only imagine how it would feel to finally debut after such a long time. Tao also spilled a few tears and he saw a tear escape Xiumin’s eyes as the smaller male looked up into the ceiling.

Chen tapped Xiumin’s shoulder and he turned to look at him. Chen flashed him a smile and Xiumin smiled. No words were needed as Xiumin took Chen in a hug and cried into the younger’s chest. He felt relieved, happy and excited. Chen felt that Xiumin was probably going to be his favorite hyung among the members and he smiled as he hugged Xiumin tightly.

The celebration didn’t last long as they had to thank the staff, change clothes and go home. They had a flight the following day down to China and they didn’t want to be tired. They went to bed early that night, some trying to sleep which ended in turning and twisting in the bed for a few hours before finally falling asleep.

The following morning they were early up from their beds and brought their bags down and hurried into the van and went to the airport. They met up with EXO-K there and they entered the airport. They were met by a mob of fans who were there to say goodbye to them and they smiled and waved at them. Sehun and Lu Han walked together and Chen walked closely to Xiumin as he didn’t want to lose his hyung in the middle and they got to the plane.

Chen got his seat next to Xiumin and fastened his seatbelt as he flashed a smile to his hyung who smiled back. Their flight was rather short but Chen managed to fall asleep and his head fell down on Xiumin’s shoulder. The older looked at his dongsaeng who slept peace-fully and he smiled a little as he brushed away the hair out of his face before turning to look out through the window.

As they landed Chen walked beside Xiumin in the airport and they watched what seemed to be their Chinese fans stand there, waiting for them. This was even more surreal to Chen than the fans in Korea. He looked at them and his mouth fell open.

“Woah” he said and Xiumin smiled and closed Chen’s mouth for him and Chen snapped back to reality. They were taken to their vans and drove off to their hotel where they just simply dumped their bags and then headed to the venue of the showcase.

Once more this evening Chen was pacing the room and Xiumin stopped him and they stood there together and someone yelled out that it was their turn. They all got together, pep-talking and then they headed out. They did the same performances as the day before and when the questions came they had to talk about to person next to you and Chen looked over to his right and found Suho, what was he going to say about Suho?

Soon enough it was Xiumin beside Chen and he looked back and forth between the MC and the translator.

“Yes, Xiumin!” said the MC and Xiumin looked over at Chen who stood beside him and smiled a little.

“When I first saw Chen, I thought his face was a bit scary but when he sings, I was really surprised because he’s really good” Xiumin said and smiled. Chen bowed and smiled and then he put his arms around Xiumin’s waist in an awkward hug and Xiumin laughed a little.

The showcase went on but that was one of the things Chen remembers most, how his Hyung had told him he was good in something and he smiled that night when he went to bed.

EXO-K left to go back to Seoul the next morning and Lu Han was once again crying but today he refused to get out of his bed and he buried himself deeper into the comforter but his sobs were still heard. Sehun left the dorm, EXO-K had come with them to their dorm to say goodbye, with a sad smile on his lips.

Chen saw in his eyes how much he would miss Lu Han and his own heart broke at the sight. And he sighed as he saw EXO-K drive off. The members of EXO-M stayed quiet in the dorm to melt what just happened and they spent the day by relaxing, they took turns to check on Lu Han who was still crying and they didn’t want to disturb him.

They all thought how it would be without EXO-K and it felt weird for them all. Chen and Xiumin sat down in the kitchen to try studying some Chinese with the help of Lay but Lay would always responding in Korean which didn’t make it better.

Chen gave up after an hour and slumped down in his seat. 

__________

A/N: hi again! :D How are you all? 

I think I'm getting sick :( my throat is a bit sore... but anyways, new chappi! :D