4.

A XiuChen Love Story

 

One evening when Chen was walking back to his room after a shower he spotted the door open and he walked up smiling. What he was met by made his eyes widen and his body to freeze. He caught the leader and maknae hugging and saw how Tao kissed his cheek.

Xiumin and Lu Han saw Chen who was frozen and walked over to see why he was just standing there and the picture of the leader and maknae kissing got Xiumin to stop in his tracks while Lu Han’s eyes got moist as he grabbed onto Lay who was just walking past and he froze too.

Chen watched as the couple in front of him ended the kiss and spotted the four persons at the dorm and they froze. Chen could never have guessed that there was anything between them and another part of him wondered what it would be like to kiss his hyung, not Kris of course but Xiumin. He glanced over at Xiumin who had just broken out of his trance and was now stuttering as he asked Kris and Tao about what they were doing.

Chen’s eyes traveled to Xiumin’s lips, those small and pink lips. He shook his head and then slipped into his room. He looked a little at the couple who were explaining themselves to Xiumin and this took at least twenty minutes and the Xiumin sighed as Tao looked down at the ground.

Chen silently wondered how they would have known that they were in love and how they had told the other. He bit his lip, thinking about asking the leader but decided against it, it would awkward enough as it is. He crawled down under his covers and buried his head into the pillow. The next day they were going off to film a show called Happy Camp, apparently it was a big show in China.

The following morning they at in peace and they dressed in they stage clothes before they left to film the show and arrived there soon afterwards. EXO-M walked inside and they were met by the ‘Happy Camp Family’. They were wired and mikes were put in their hands before they after an hour began the show.

EXO-M preformed MAMA and then they introduced themselves and the MC’s started asking questions and joking. They laughed along and were put to test an app on a phone called ‘ugly meter’ and Chen felt his heart sink a little as he got the worst score and he laughed bitterly. He went back to stand with the rest of them and Xiumin put his hands on Chen’s shoulders as he stood behind Chen. Xiumin leaned to Chen’s ear and whispered in his ear.

“Don’t listen to them, it’s just a phone app that doesn’t know anything” he whispered and Chen looked back at Xiumin who flashed him a smile and Chen smiled. They continued on the show and then came a game where they had an amount of money on their plates around their necks and would run around in a circle.

They began playing and first out was Chen but they exchanged him to one of the MC’s and they began playing. At one point Chen felt Xiumin put his arms around his neck from behind and hug him as they laughed at something the MC’s said and Chen felt his heart skip a beat as he felt XIumin pressed against him and he was happy to be that close to his hyung.

The next public filming place when they showed affection was at the Yin Yue Tai interview. They had been there for about an hour when the MC got something for EXO-M and handed it to them. It was a scrap book and they opened it and looked at it. It was filled with pictures of them up until with small messages on them and Chen was farthest away from it.

He tried to peep over and he placed his arms over Xiumin’s shoulders as he leaned forward to look. This made Xiumin tense up for a second before he felt his heart pound against his chest and he smiled as he looked over at the pictures. And it didn’t end there.

In May EXO went to LA with the rest of the SMTOWN Family. They had a day free when they came there. It was nice for them all to be there together and they enjoyed their day to the fullest at Disneyland. They rode different rides and ate and bought souvenirs. Chen bought a hat with mouse ears which he wore for some time before he got annoyed at the band under his chin. He let the hat hang on his neck as they waited for their ride home. Xiumin smiled as he grabbed the hat and started to pull it while Chen was talking with Baekhyun about something.

Chen felt himself be pulled back by the hat and slowly leaned back and looked behind himself to find a smiling Xiumin and he smiled at him. “Yah, Hyung. Let go!” he whined and Xiumin let it go carefully as not to release it too fast to smack it on Chen’s neck.

They were driven back to the parking lot where they waited for their other manager to get their van and Xiumin went to sit down in the shadow. Chen sat down beside him on the curb and Xiumin smiled at him. “Did you have fun?” Xiumin asked and turned to Chen who smiled and nodded before he started playing with the band of the hat.

“You know, it was a bit sad that we didn’t get to spend time together” Xiumin said and looked at Chen who bit the band of the hat and smiled a little. They heard some fans who had followed them yell after them. Chen waved at them with a smile on his lips when he heard his name. They yelled something Chen couldn’t really make out and Xiumin smiled.

“They called you Dancing Machine” he said to Chen who started laughing and Minseok did the same. Sure Chen had been a bit touchy about his dancing before but now that he had trained and now and then he would stay after with Xiumin and just make up different random dances.

They got back to their hotel and their days at LA were wonderful. They performed in front of their fans and had fun together. It was amazing to say the least and it felt so different to be in USA. Neither Xiumin or Chen had been there before so they were extremely nervous.

They got back to China not long after and were at the IFeng Interview. They answered questions and then they had a game where they had to know things about their team members. Then they were playing some kind of charades and Xiumin was to do it for Chen first and the second time Chen had to do it to Xiumin.

Tao started and did a heart and then he pushed it into his chest and sent Chen a kiss. Chen looked a little at him with furrowed brows and then he turned around and tapped Xiumins shoulders. The older turned around and looked at Chen. He took a deep breath then he put his hands on his chest in a heart and pushed it in like Tao had done and then he sent of a kiss toward Xiumin.

Xiumin was a little bit taken aback by the sudden move and froze a little. In fact his heart skipped a beat in his chest and his tummy did flips. He then turned toward Lu Han who sat in front of him and did the same to him.

These are just a few of the moments where they send each other small signals to each other, thou being them, they didn’t notice the signals. They spent a lot of time together, dancing, singing or just talking and Chen felt how his heart would skip a beat when he saw Xiumin smile or laugh.

They were also in the show called ‘Go All Out!’ where they had fun through the day. Chen and Xiumin spoke together about the other contestants and compared arm length. Chen had this cute pink Hello Kitty fan that he used and Xiumin couldn’t stop himself from looking at the other and wonder how someone could be so cute while doing something as simple as fanning himself.

He smiled and wanted to pinch the youngers cheeks when he started pouting in that cute way that made Xiumin blush a little. He felt that soon he wouldn’t be able to keep his feelings for Chen anymore and but he could face the humiliation.