1.

A XiuChen Love Story

 

It was in 2011 when the young Korean boy called Kim Jongdae became a part of the SMTOWN family. He walked nervously beside another male named Byun Baekhyun down the corridors. A lady was leading the way as they made the turns and finally she stopped outside a door.

Jongdae was clenching and unclenching his hands at his sides as the lady opened the door and walked inside with Baekhyun after and the dark haired male looked back at Jongdae and flashed him a smile before disappearing into the room. He seemed more confident in what he was doing than Jongdae and he cursed himself for being so nervous.

Why was he nervous? What was his reason? He didn’t know it himself either.

He quickly walked into the room and closed the door behind himself. He looked around in the room and was slightly shocked. There were 10 pairs of eyes looking at both him and Baekhyun and this didn’t help his nervousness at all.

“Okay guys. We have two new boys who have been appointed to train with you.” The lady began and smiled. The other boys in the room listened to what she said as they sat on the floor, stood up or leaned onto the walls.

Jongdae’s eyes found a male, probably not much older than himself sitting on the floor. He wore a black beanie over his brown hair and a pair of grey jeans a white T-shirt under his black sweater. His cheeks were slightly rounded and he had a childish smile playing on his lips. Jongdae’s heart skipped a beat when the boy met his gaze and he quickly looked away.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself” the lady said and looked at Baekhyun and Jongdae who nodded.

Baekhyun bowed and flashed a grand smile before speaking. “Annyohasey, Byun Baekhyun imnida” he said with a wave and then he looked over at Jongdae. He gulped and bowed.

“An-Annyohaseyo. Kim Jongdae imnida” he said and nodded a little. The lady smiled and looked at the boys.

“Now that’s done, Baekhyun will be staying at the same dorm as Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo and the rest while Jongdae stays at the dorm with Wu Fan, Yixing and Luhan.” The lady said and Jongdae looked over at the group of males in the room and all of them nodded. “I’ll be leaving them with you guys, it’s important that you take care of them now okay?” she said and the males answered with a yes and she left the room.

“Okay guys, time for introduction” a male with a beautiful smile gracing his lips said as he stood up from his seat on the floor. The rest also stood up and the male who spoke began by introducing himself as Joonmyeon. Then there was Kyungsoo, a man with big eyes which scared Jongdae just a little. There after followed two tall males, Jongdae called them the twin towers in his head, and they introduced themselves as Chanyeol and Wu Fan. So the stern looking tall male was Wu Fan who Jongdae would be living with.

Then came three young looking boys, one of them had big doe eyes and was named Lu Han and the other was kind of a copy of Lu Han but Jongdae could see the difference in them, his name was Sehun. Then there was a tanned boy who introduced himself as Jongin and beside him was a black haired male with dark circles around his eyes, Jongdae wondered if it was because of lack of sleep but wouldn’t ask, his name was Tao.

The last two to introduce themselves were a skinny male called Yixing and the last was the male Jongdae had spotted earlier when he entered the room. His name was Minseok and Jongdae made sure to remember that.

They told the two newcomers how long they had trained and how old they were and Jongdae discovered that Minseok was his hyung by 2 years. And he was apparently living in the same dorm as him and was studying Chinese.

Jongdae didn’t say much at all that day, he felt rather nervous about being around his hyungs who had been training longer than him and he had just entered the company. It was 3 pm when Minseok and Chanyeol pulled Jongdae with them out of the room. He was a little bit taken aback, didn’t understand a thing about why they were dragging him and they stopped outside a door and just stood there. Chanyeol crossed his arms and Minseok looked around.

“She’s not here yet?” he asked himself more than anyone else. Jongdae looked around, trying to figure out who he was talking about and who they were waiting for. Chanyeol looked behind himself and smiled as he saw a woman run down the halls.

“Noona! You’re late” he yelled out and laughed. Minseok started smiling when the girl stopped by them and started fiddling with her keys.

“Sorry, I know. But as my defense there was a lot of traffic” she said with a smile as she opened the door and walked inside. Jongdae followed last and Chanyeol told him to sit beside him and he did so. The woman looked at them and spotted Jongdae and flashed him a curious glance. “And who is this?” she asked as Minseok and Chanyeol were digging up their books out of their bags.

“Oh, this is Jongdae. He came today” Chanyeol said and Minseok nodded. The lady nodded too before introducing herself as Ying. She was their Chinese teacher. She handed Jongdae a book, the same as Minseok’s and he opened it. He had studied a bit of Chinese in school and was at the top of the class but still he wasn’t the best at it. Ying started to talk with the three of them and Chanyeol asked her many times about words and their meanings.

Jongdae scratched his head a little as they wrote down words in pinyin, which Jongdae always found easier than writing in Chinese. He bit his bottom lip as he thought about how to write a word and he didn’t notice how Minseok would glance over at him from time to time, making it difficult for him to concentrate as Jongdae bit his lip and pouted unconsciously.

Minseok shook his head and looked down in his book, biting on the tip of his pen before writing down a few words. He sighed as he scratched his temple with the end of the pen before writing again. He glanced up at Jongdae again to see the younger boy pout again as he looked up at the roof with furrowed brows. Minseok gulped and felt how his heart pounded hard against his ribcage and his cheeks flushed just a little.

Their Chinese lessons ended at five and the boys walked out of the room. Jongdae followed Minseok and Chanyeol to a practice room where the rest of the boys from earlier that day were. The tanned boy, whom Jongdae couldn’t recall the name of, and Yixing, not completely sure that was his name, were dancing in the middle of the room and Jongdae looked at them. He himself had no coordination in dancing and he was jealous over how the two boys moved in fluid motions and in synch.

The music in the room stopped and the tanned boy and Yixing walked over to their bags and sat down panting as they drank from their water bottles. Chanyeol walked over to Baekhyun who was talking with Sehun and Lu Han. Jongdae stood there awkwardly by the door before he walked over to put his bag by the wall and sat down to look at the others in the room.

He felt out of place. All the others seemed to get along well and there he was, an outsider. He looked as Chanyeol told a joke, making Sehun, Lu Han and Baekhyun laugh out loud and then he looked over at Yixing who was doing something with the tanned boy at the middle, perhaps coming up with a new choreography. He sighed and glanced over at Minseok who was trying to follow along with Yixing’s words. He looked at the small boy who was despite his young looks his hyung and felt his heart clench. He felt how his tummy made flips and he couldn’t think straight.

Jongdae was pulled out of his thoughts as someone sat down next to him and he turned to his left. There sat Joonmyeon with his angelic smile looking at him. “Why are you sitting here all by yourself?” he asked and Jongdae sighed as he looked down on the floor.

“I don’t feel like I fit in here.” He mumbled and looked around the room. He spotted the other half of the twin towers, was his name Wu Fan? He was talking with Kyungsoo and Tao about something and Jongdae shook his head. He felt Joonmyeon put a hand on his shoulder and looked at the other male beside him.

“I’m sure you’ll feel great. We all felt like that in the beginning. Give it a few days and you’ll fit right in” Joonmyeon said with a smile and Jongdae forced himself to smile back. Joonmyeon smiled and stood up, holding out his hand and Jongdae smiled as he took it and with the help of Joonmyeon he stood up and they walked over to where Baekhyun, Chanyeol and the rest stood together.

Minseok glanced at Jongdae as he saw him walk across the room with Joonmyeon and start talking with Baekhyun but he saw that Jongdae looked rather uncomfortable and would laugh nervously as Chanyeol told them a joke.

“Hyung, do you understand?” Yixing asked and Minseok whipped his head back to look at Yixing and shook his head.

“Sorry, can you take it again?” he said and Yixing sighed before going over what he had just said once more. 

________________

A/N: So this is the first chapter. There is in all only 5 chappies, so it's not that long...