Decision

Please forgive me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Some things are best to be kept as a secret

If only secrets were easy to hide

 

5 years ago

I looked at my red fingers in horror. My fingers are in pain. I’ve typing all day. I turned to face my co-workers who are also typing or filling paper works. Well, that’s what you get for having an office job. I glanced at the time on the computer screen and smiled. Finally I can go home. I started packing up my things and Chaerin approached my desk.

“Bom, let’s go on a double date tonight. My boyfriend and I decided to set you up with a cool looking guy. He’s a chef and he loves-” Chaerin whispered.

“Thanks for the offer Chaerin, but I’m really fine.” I replied while I closed down the computer.

“Bom! You haven’t gone out or dated anyone ever since your break-up with Siwon! You need to start dating again and have fun! You’ve been single for too long now!“ Chaerin cried in a worried tone.

“Chaerin, I know that I’m single. But right now, I don’t need boys to ruin my life. I realised that I should be concentrating on work. My new goal is to get promoted! “ I cheered. I noticed Chaerin rolling her eyes at me but it can’t be helped. I want to be promoted. I need to extra cash, that’s why I’ve been working very diligently lately.

“Chaerin I know you’re worried about me, but I’m fine. Thank you for being a good friend!” I whispered. Chaerin sighed and watched me walk out from the office. I waved her goodbye. It was finally time to head home. I walked out of the building and waved at other co-workers who were also leaving. Surprisingly one of my co-workers waited for me at the front gate. He tucked his tie and pushed his hair back.

“Hey Bom, do you want to go to the movies or something?” He asked nervously.

“Thanks for the offer but I want to work on writing my reports tonight” I replied.

“Oh, at this rate you will be promoted. Well I’ll see you tomorrow.” He laughed awkwardly. We said our goodbyes before we parted different ways. From the far distance I could see a small green car waiting for me. I walked over to the car and stepped inside to see Seunghyun siting on the driver’s seat. To my surprise he didn’t look happy at all; I leaned over so I could give him a kiss on his cheek. Yet he acted like I wasn’t there, his eyes were focused on the windscreen. I sat down and pulled out the seat belt waiting for him to start the engine. But he just sat there staring into the space.

“You got a problem?” I finally yelled at him.

“Who was that guy you were talking to at the gates?” He asked and then he gave me an intense stare.

“He’s just my workmate. “ I answered.

‘What did he say to you ?”Seunghyun asked curiously.

“Someone here is jealous.” I snapped. Seunghyun just froze waiting for me to answer his question. I had no choice but to answer him since he wasn’t willing to move the car.

“He asked me out but I rejected him.” I muttered. Seunghyun sighed with relief.

“Seunghyun, do you have to be like this whenever a guy talks to me? You keep forgetting that no one knows about our relationship and people still think I’m single!” I complained, I was about to complain even more but Seunghyun interrupted me with a hungry deep kiss.

Ok, I know I lied to everyone but I didn’t lie about everything, I still needed extra money but I’m not actually single, Seunghyun is my current boyfriend. It was months after my break up with Siwon that we were an official couple. A couple that no one knew existed. You could say we are dating in secret or let’s just say it’s a forbidden love. Since he’s part of a gang and for our safety we decided to keep it a secret from everyone.

Seunghyun is everything to me. You would have never guessed how sweet he is from his appearance but he is the nicest guy alive. After my break up with Siwon, Seunghyun spent majority of his time looking after me while I was still heartbroken. He would visit my apartment every day to check my conditions. He would plant flowers for me since he couldn’t buy flowers from stores (police were still tracking him down at that time). He would stay by my side when I cried my heart out. As time grew, I slowly fell in love with him. The more I fell in love with the more scared I was. I just suffered from depression and then I fell in love again. It drove me mad. I didn’t want to be in love. I didn’t want to be heartbroken again. So I did something stupid, I avoided the man I loved.

Flashback

The sudden vibration from my phone scared me. I picked up my phone to see Seunghyun’s name. I held my breath and rejected his call. It’s been a week since I avoided him. I know you all are going to call me heartless and cold. But I was afraid to fall in love with him. I was afraid to be rejected. Even thinking about him brought tears in my eyes. I was so scared, so I left my apartment and stayed at Chaerin’s place for a week. Chaerin noticed me crying, she th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter