Lee Soo Man is awesome

Only look at me

 

(An extra long update, just for you! Get ready for some laughter a couple minutes down. If you like this chapter, share it with your friends~)

First day as a trainee. Wake up for school at eight. Training from four thirty till nine, get home by nine thirty. Homework for one hour, then relax and sleep. The first day of a routine lasting for about... 3 years.

 

Today the sun shot brightly, almost passionately through the living room’s chiffon curtains. An alarm hadn’t been set, yet we’d waken up at 7:59 on the dot. After yawning almost endlessly, and stretching lazily, we walked to our rooms and got ready for school.

 

At the cafe, at 8:28am, we bumped into D.O and Sehun, who had made the worst impressions on Hara. I had had to drag her away from potentially being taken to the police station. They were sitting near the water-wall on the side of the cafe, and D.O was eyeing down some pretty waitress wearing a short black skirt and killer stilettos. Sehun rolled her eyes, and out the corner of my eyes I saw Hara give a brief nod of approval. Suddenly, Sehun’s attention caught onto us and before we could leap out of detection, he stood up.

 

‘Tia! Hara! Come come~’ He made little gestures with his hands, smiling like a fool.

 

We treaded over unwillingly.

 

‘Heyya. What’s up?’ I asked, checking my baby pink watch quickly.

 

‘I wanted to talk to you.’

 

‘..I know.’ I eye rolled internally.

 

‘Well, I was wondering whether you wanted to walk with us 12 to training today.  Plishie?’ His eyes rounded into ones of puppies. Cuter than puss in boots.. how could I say no?

 

‘N...N.... Yes, yes ok! We’ll go together.’

 

Hara turned to me, dumbfounded, mouth agape. I shrugged my shoulders as if to mean ‘what could I do??’

 

Meanwhile D.O came back with a pink hand-print on his right cheek. Though none of us knew exactly what had happened... we knew immediately that he deserved it. I saw one side of Hara’s lips turn up and raised a brow.

 

--End of school, 4pm.

 

Today, being a Friday, we could only train for three hours and a half. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we would be able to train for about 5-6 hours since school ended at 1 on those days. 

 

We waited impatiently for the twelve boys who seemed to take longer than girls to get ready. 

 

At 4:21, they finally came to us from the fountain to the grand gates.

 

‘What took you so long?’ I asked, annoyed. Hara, however, grew warm from seeing Chanyeol. Puppy love indeed.

 

‘We were chasing Sehun who was chasing D.O who was chasing some cute girl.’ Baekhyun muttered, slightly out of breath.

 

‘Typical.’ Kris said, unimpressed and shot a glare at D.O.

 

‘Well, it seems like you’ve already started your training... Anyways, let’s go!’

 

--At the SM training building.

 

We entered the modern block, which was separated by a glass half cylinder in the middle for stairs/elevators.

 

We walked to the front desk and greeted the receptionist timidly, bowing ninety degrees.

 

‘We’re new trainees. Is there a specific process we must go through?’

 

‘Yes, please follow this man up to the company head’s room on the top floor.’

 

We followed the man to the company head’s room on the top floor. Then we entered in twos and greeted the man with great manners.

 

‘Oh, hello, new trainees. There are...’ He scanned his eyes over us, ‘fourteen of you. Awesome!’  We were slightly dazed by his language, but in a reassured way.

 

‘Yes, is there a welcoming routine of some sort?’ Joonmyun  inquired.

 

‘Ah yes. But firstly, I’m choosing the leaders.’ A few minutes passed under the scrutinising eyes of Lee Soo Man. About ten or eleven cold shivers ran through my spine.

 

Finally, he smiled his trademark eye smile and projected,

 

‘You’re all leader material. Well, husband material for some of you.’ He paused, expecting a reaction. We laughed nervously. He cleared his throat.

 

‘On a serious note, I want you,’ He pointed at Joonmyun. ‘To be the leader. You will be called ‘Suho’. It is shortened from ‘Superman that ho!’’ We all howled in laughter, doubling over with tears in our eyes.

 

‘I’m serious, you know.’ He said with a sincere expression. Suho’s mouth dropped. But then after a few seconds, he decided he liked it. ‘Okay. But don’t tell anyone what it stands for!’

 

‘It is our own little in-joke. Indeed. Now since I already have a huge boy group, I’ll split you in two, so there will be two six member groups. The second leader will be...You.’ He pointed excitedly to Kris. ‘What’s your name? I have a feeling it’s most suitable.’

 

‘I’m Kris.’ He replied, -face and all.

 

‘Ayo waddup, Krees?!’ He called out in a rapping voice. We were dumbstruck. We never knew he was this awesome. Immediately, we all relaxed our shoulders and laughed. Chanyeol was on his knees and was pounding the floor like his life depended on it. That is something he would use as an in-joke.. with fans.

 

‘Ayo, wassup?’ He nodded back quickly to the man and wanted the topic to move on.

 

‘Ohhhhhhhh!!!! Ohhhhhh!!!!!!’ He suddenly started saying out loud. We all held our roaring laughter inside, but it seemed to burst right through the seams of Chanyeol.

 

‘You have the BEST rap voice ever. O-M-G’ He said with the most Korean accent ever. Chanyeol snorted uncontrollably and burst into laughter. He excused himself after a glare from Kris and closed the door from the other side. We then heard a series of sentences trying to stop himself from laughing, followed by roaring laughter and choking.

 

‘You will be the rapper of EXO! Yes, I will name your group EXO. Wanna know what that stands for?’ He asked expectantly.

 

‘No, but-‘ Kai was cut off by Baekhyun.

 

‘Yes, yes. Please say.’ He said respectfully.

 

‘Oh, well it actually doesn’t stand for anything, but it sounds like mayo. And that’s what I call it, so I spread you on my toast every second morning. Ah, I think I should add that in one of your songs.’ (‘Enjoy the mayo’ said by Luhan in History. Well, at least it sounds like it ^^)

 

After he gave us all our roles in our groups, he shooed us off and we went to the practice rooms. We heard the following sentence as we left the room:

 

‘And also, I will give all of you powers!! Super man powers!! SHUPA MEN PAWAS!!! I shall get thinking right away!’ Furious scribbling followed.

 

This will...well has, been interesting. Right, Suho? From EXO