Jealousy

Only look at me

The first bell rung for period one. I walked nervously to the literature hall with Kris who ate breakfast with Hara and me. We entered the room, finding the professor and no other students. We bowed deeply before heading to the front row desks. Before long, students started flooding in, some guys even quarrelling to sit by me. I smirked and focussed on a new book the professor handed out. We had to sign the sheets to show we took one.  After doing so, I passed the form on. The girl who ended up sitting next to me along with her friends asked to borrow my ink pen. I offered, looking at her appearance; she was wearing the uniform in a sluggish way, and black cross earrings. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, and she was wearing heavy eye makeup. I instantly disliked her. She handed my pen back swiftly, and I noticed the pen’s nib was ridiculously blunted. Her friends sneered and she looked me in the eye.

 

‘Dare talk to Kris again, and that’s what your nose looks like.’

 

Kris who was talking to a fellow classmate didn’t hear. I stood stiffly and grew annoyed yet afraid.

 

When the bell rung, the girls got up abruptly, and intentionally swung their bags in my direction, knocking my pencil case off the table. The contents spewed out. Kris eyed them down coldly.

 

I picked up the stationary whilst telling Kris what had happened and he apologised and told me not to hesitate to ask for his help. As we exited the classroom, we walked into IU. My spirits were immediately lifted and I greeted her warmly. She was wearing a think cream coloured knit jumper with a ruffled white satin skirt. Her hair was done in the same bun as yesterday, and a small silver necklace with a bird hung round her neck. She greeted me back cheerfully, nodding to Kris.

 

Next was P.E, and so I went to the changing rooms and found that my locker’s handle had been coated with lip balm. I ignored it, knowing it was the works of those petty girls, and opened my locker. Since arriving to Seoul, I hadn’t the time to buy myself a lock so my possessions were kept unsafe.

 

After P.E, I went back to my locker and found everything had been thrown out of it, some of my clothes even on the locker tops. I gathered my clothes feeling down-trodden and decided to tell Kris.

 

However, as I left for the stairs, someone stuck their foot out to trip me. I fell down the ten steps and yelled in pain as I sprained my ankle. I heard a bunch of girls snigger and sneer in pleasure. Tears started flowing against my will and I began to choke on bitterness.

 

‘T-Tia!! What’s wrong? Oh my god your ankles all bruised up... I’ll take you to the nurse.’ A familiar thick voice called in worry. I looked up through a film of tears and distinguished the features of Tiffany. She lent me a shoulder and hauled my bag over her other, dragging me towards the nurse’s office, which I learnt were in each building.

 

When we arrived, I was quickly seated on a bed, and the nurse put an ice pack on my ankle, spraying disinfectant on my badly scraped left wrist. All the while I sobbed, telling Tiffany what had happened. I saw Tiffany’s face turn grave.

 

‘Don’t worry. I’ll definitely put an end to this immediately. Those bastards are just jealous cos you have everything.’ Tiffany was serious and had confidence embedded in her eyes. She went out and held an emergence school meeting, with her power was the deputy head student kicking in. She threatened expulsion to anyone who tried to hurt me. I was excused from lessons from the rest of the day, and was carried back to my dorm.

--

Listen up, faitas~ ;]

The next chapter is up on 27th of September! That's Thursday~

Ciao ;) Cocobaby x