Scouted.

Only look at me

‘Hara-ya, let’s go. I want to visit the leisure block.’

 

We entered the leisure block which was a couple floors tall and had glass walls. There were karaoke rooms, mini arcade rooms, cinema rooms with popcorn, candy floss, coke, and snack counters outside. Interestingly, the singing and dancing rooms on the top floor were referred to as the training rooms, which I read from the elevator signs. The top floor was the fifth, and there were many training rooms lining the corridor. These were less sound proofed and you heard melodious singing, and music players blasting music out for the dancers, who scrutinised every detail of movement in the mirrors. Then I heard a familiar voice, with husky yet sweet qualities. IU.

I ran over to the room and glanced through the glass door, and really saw her. My mouth fell open and Hara almost rushed in screaming, but I held her back with one arm round her waist, and one cupping . But that let out enough noise for IU to notice. She turned her head in our direction and paused before smiling cutely and waving. She had her hair up in a small bun on the top of her head and was wearing denim dress with a thin brown belt round her waist. She wore long socks which gathered above her ankles in folds, in brown ankle boots. She walked towards the door and opened it.

 

‘Hey, guys.’ She smiled and bowed. ‘I’m sorry I can’t let you in or anything but I have a concert tomorrow and I have to sing a song which I haven’t even learnt the lyrics of yet.’ She stuck her tongue out adorably and winked, rubbing her head lightly.

 

‘I-i-it’s okay!! We’ll just disappear now, so sorry for b-bothering you!’ I managed to mutter. Hara nodded her head almost madly. We ran off out the building, and broke into laughter.

 

We sat on the fountain in the middle of the campus, chatting heartily and discussing how amazing everything was when suddenly a guy, now unsurprisingly good looing, approached us.

 

‘It takes ten minutes to walk the length of the campus. How long did it take for you to fall from heaven?’ He seemed to be talking to both of us. His friend behind him rolled his eyes but couldn’t seem to hide his smile out of ridicule at the cheesiness.

 

‘Sorry about him, he’s such a ladies’ man. He’s D.O, and I’m Sehun, by the way.’ He bowed deeply. But Hara seemed still to be dazed. I quickly introduced the two of us and excused ourselves politely, dragging Hara off before she could explode and yell at how rude and cheap they were. It had happened before. It had happened often, in fact, because (excuse me) of our looks.

 

--

 

I entered the little mart holding onto Hara’s hand beside our dorms. Yes, our school even has a flipping mini mart. It was called 'miracle' and had yellow topped workers. I decided to buy food for meals, because Hara would fail and buy junk food all the way, and told Hara to  go buy a couple of snacks and desserts. We were out the mart in fifteen minutes carrying two loaded shopping bags each. This would last us for about a week.

shop_miracle.jpg

 

We entered the elevator, and had to use my elbow to press ‘4’. I noticed that levels 1-4 were in pink, assumingly for the girls, and levels 4-8 was for boys. Level 9 was black, and Kris told me earlier that that was the floor the idols lived, including Chanyeol, Kai and himself as well as IU, in order to avoid too much hassle and crazy fandom. You needed fingerprint recognition to enter the floor.

 

We went into the dorm and processed the groceries before changing into casual clothes. I cooked bacon and egg, whilst Hara washed and cut salad leaves. Then we buttered our toast and settled for a simple dinner.

 

After eating dinner, I sat next to Hara on the couch and watched the humongous TV for half an hour. We tuned into the last 15 minutes of ‘To the beautiful you’ which followed by ‘Big’. In the advert, I decided to go drop into the dance club for the remaining hour or so, until 8pm.

--

 

‘Oh, Tia! You’re coming to dance club? Welcome!’ Kai beckoned warmly. You waved back cheerfully, glad that someone you knew was in the club.

 

‘This is Sehun, Lu Han and Lay. And this is Hyoyeon, Krystal, and Nicole. You can be our eighth member!’ He chimed enthusiastically.

 

‘Wow, I’m surprised there aren’t more members. Anyways, I’m Tia. I transferred from London just yesterday; it’s nice to meet you. Please take care of me.’ I bowed deeply, before smiling brightly at them. They all welcomed me nicely and taught me the new routine they had just started two hours ago.

 

By the end of the hour, I was utterly exhausted and wondered how they could dance for three hours and not be as tired as me. The whole dance crew were warm and a lot less formal than other students, and gave me hugs before we left.

 

--

After a warm shower, I lay in my bed, wondering how school life would officially start, with lessons, tomorrow. It was the start of a new academic year for everyone, and I hoped with all my heart that everything would go well. But I didn’t know what twelve troublesome boys had in stock for me.