Goodbyes and Beginnings

(SEQUEL) INFINITE KIM MYUNGSOO

 

 

 

“Go. But make it faster. I don’t have all the time.” Satisfied with your answer, he released your hand.

He looked at the ground, silently prayed that everything will be okay. “Have you heard of the news… about me and Jiyeon?” – The words he himself wasn’t expecting to be used as an intro either. He slapped himself on his mind. He really is an idiot. He thought.

You shook your head. “Doesn’t have any time to be updated on the internet nor watch entertainment news. Why? Got her pregnant?” You choose to answer sarcastically, although you actually don’t have an idea what he’s talking about. Well that’s because you don’t care anymore, as you presumed, but actually, it’s just that you don’t want to hurt yourself anymore.

You looked at him with pierced eyes, as if your stare was going to kill him, a look that adds a strong appearance to yourself, something that he wasn’t fond of, something that he can’t even remember, something that he doesn’t know. What he remembers was that, you are sweet and kind, pure and innocent, loving and caring. You can be mean at times, you can talk about anything you want to, but it’s not like this. He was afraid. Looking at you, he felt like it’s another person he is talking to.

 

Really, love can make people change.

 

The feelings he got made him stutter. “N-No…” he swallowed before continuing. “We—We broke up…” he finally said.

You blinked. You weren’t expecting it but you can’t deny that you’re a bit of relieve. He chose Jiyeon over you, the one who’s always beside him ever since and the one that he used to love for four years. Because of these primacies, you thought because he chose her, he must’ve seen something in her that he didn’t see in you. You thought he love her more than you. But why did they break up? Why did he even cheat on you on the first place? Why is Myungsoo standing infront of you, telling you these things?

“Glad that she had realized her mistake that fast.” You nodded and still attacked him with harsh words despite of the surprised that you’ve felt.

He looked at you, teary-eyed. It’s awful. It’s probably one of the words that will leave him a lasting scar. He knows he isn’t that good enough for anyone either. “I am actually… the one who broke up with her…”

You grew more surprised at his revelation yet it irritated you. “Why are you telling this to me?” the rudeness in your voice was replaced with an annoyed one.

He breathed deeply. “____... I want to say that I’m sorry. That I... hurt your feelings… I’m also sorry… because it took me so long to do this…” he looked at you intensely, not letting his tears fall.

The atmosphere became quiet. You didn’t replied anything nor even react to it. You just looked at him, reading his eyes. You hope he isn’t lying, especially when he uttered again the words that he hadn’t told you for a long time.

 

“_____... I still… I still love you… I love you.” 

 

 

That’s it, you wanted to slap him. You wanted to slap the hell out of him. How dare he can say that to you again? He still had the guts to say things like that? After hurting and cheating on you, he thinks he can easily apologize and say those words and get back again?

You started to leave, forcefully pulled away your hands with his grip. You had already managed to turn around but he had quickly caught you with your other arm. “_____! Please don’t go. I beg you. Answer me. Do you… do you still love me?” he asked you. His hands were shaking.

You answered him bluntly. “No I don’t. Let go of me.” you tried to pull your arm from him again but he always got you. It seems his hold was getting stronger.

“Yes you do. Please. _____.”

“I said I don’t!” you shouted and slapped him, which made Myungsoo shocked in a second. He touched his cheeks in terror, making his tears fall. This is the first time he was slapped like that, it is painful, but coming from the one he loves, it seems extra painful. “YOU STILL LOVE ME MYUNGSOO? REALLY. WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU?! YOU’RE JUST SO DISGUSTING!” you yelled at him.

You never meant anything you said, you didn’t even mean hurting him physically, but then, you were so angry that it is the only thing you think you can do.

“_____...” his voice became weaker as his tears fell continuously. His sobbed was also becoming louder.

You didn’t let him speak another word. “Oh shut up Myungsoo! I knew you already! That tears, is that even real? You know what? It will be no surprise if you’ll end up winning the best actor award in the future. You’re such a good actor Myungsoo, you’re so good at it I almost got trick again.” a pint of tears fell from your eyes. You carelessly wiped it with your bare hands. “Yes I still love you. Are you happy now?!”

 

Myungsoo cried louder. His heart was aching too much. He closed his eyes and breathed. Slowly, he opened his eyes again and looked at you. “_____... I-I’m sorry… if you think I’m lying… that’s okay… I understand.” He wiped his tears but it seems like it couldn’t be stop. “I am such a stupid person. I admit that. Those days that I’m not with you… I-I felt so lonely. I don’t know what to do. Then Jiyeon came in. I don’t know! She… she shows affection to me… she told me she loves me. I accepted her… because I think at that time, that’s what I really needed. I lied to her… and to everyone else… and you… I didn’t even told you…” his voice cracked as he continued. “You don’t know how much I miss you because everytime I am with her, all I think about is you. And I am in-denial of that. I keep on telling myself that I already made a decision, so whatever it is, I must stand for it. But I can’t help it. Everytime I tell her I love her, everytime I go out with her, hold hands with her, and hug her, all I see is you. Sometimes, I even imagine that you are her, so that it will be more convincing… On the day we were about to kiss… it didn’t happen… because I accidentally called her your name.” he chuckled sadly, remembering the memories he shouldn’t remember, because it wasn’t supposed to happened. Listening to him, you started to cry. “I was actually planning on breaking up with her soon, not now. But right after learning that Sungyeol is going out with you… I… already made up my mind. I want to settle up things right away. I love you so much… You didn’t know how much I wanted to kill Sungyeol that day. I wanted to kill him so badly! I wanted to let him know that you are only mine, and not his or anyone else’s. But I am so stupid! I am not thinking! I made a decision too quick, I didn’t even think of you!” he sniffed as tears keep rolling down his delicate face. “I am sorry… I know you will never forgive me… But atleast… I have said what I wanted to say… this is my punishment, and I’ve learnt my lesson. I’m sorry…” he ended his words and continued to sob.

 

You became silent. Only the sound of the sobs from the both of you can be heard at this moment. Your heart was aching too, but instead of leaving, you wanted to stay instead and hug him, to feel him again and to cure the pain that you’re feeling.

You punched him lightly and softened, “Myungsoo… Why are you like that Myungsoo? You’re hurting me too much.”

Instead of replying, he grabbed your arm gently and pulled you into his chest, hugging you tightly. He missed you so much, and you too, you missed him too.

As you couldn’t hold it any longer, you hugged him back, hoping this would never last. His hugs always made you feel secured, and he knew it, whenever you’re afraid, he would always hug you to protect you, to make you feel safe.

“I’m sorry… This is all my fault. If only I hadn’t done this in the first place, you wouldn’t be hurt like that. I really hate myself. Sorry…” he said, feeling all guilty inside.

You looked at him and nodded, telling him that he was forgiven. You will always forgive him anyway, because you love him more than anything else.

He looked deep into your eyes, down to your lips. He wanted to feel it again. The feeling of being kissed again by his love one. His face was now an inch closer into yours. Looking at him, you already had an idea what will happen next. Closing your eyes, his lips crashed into yours, with full of love and emotions.

You kissed him back as you hanged your arms into his neck.

He placed his arms around your waist and pulled you tightly, making you feel that you’re all his and he’s yours. His lips were soft and his kisses were always gentle, that’s why you like it.

Moreover, you like it because it’s him. Your love, Kim Myungsoo.

 

You slowly pulled yourself from the kiss and stared at his eyes. Yes you love him, but there’s this one thing.

Looking at you at this moment made his calm heart became frightened again. He figured out this isn’t going to any good soon.

 

“I love you Myungsoo. But the pain is still here! It’s so hard… I just… I just don’t know anymore…”

His eyes became teary again. He was afraid. He was afraid of what will happen. “_____...dont leave me…” he pleaded, hoping that you won’t.

Your eyes made his heart shattered into pieces. He knew it.

You released yourself from his arms and looked down. “I will still leave…” you told him calmly.

He widened his eyes at your response. He wanted to speak something but he couldn’t say a thing.

You continued. “I want to leave Myungsoo. I want to forget everything that hurts. I want to start a new life, and I think this is a good chance for me. Maybe soon we will meet again… And maybe if we still love each other, we too, could start all over again. But right now, I’m sorry… I can’t. And I won’t… Goodbye… Myungsoo.” You said as you exited the scene. You walked towards your door again and opened it. This time, Myungsoo didn’t do anything. He let you go, with his heart burning.

It was exactly 7pm and you were now just planning on getting your things out of your apartment and then leave. Your flight was actually 8pm. You looked back at him before you close your door. He was just there, watching you. His eyes were now all puffy because of too much crying, yet he was now doing it again. You closed the door, telling to yourself that it is the right decision that you had made. You did the right thing _____, you did. It’s for Myungsoo too. He should enjoy his life as an idol. He is better than that I just knew it.

 

So long, Kim Myungsoo…

 

 

 

 


 

 Myungsoo walked slowly, as if he doesn’t care whether he would get to their dorm right on time or what. He stumbled upon a rock and kicked it annoyingly.

 

 

“Yah! Pabo Myung!” a familiar voice called him from the back.

He stopped and turned around. He narrowed his eyes as his vision was still blurry.

 

One by one, they became clearer.

 

It was Sunggyu who called, with the 5 others following behind him.

He blinked. He wasn’t expecting them to be here as he knows they were mad at him.

Sunggyu draw near Myungsoo and suddenly put a cap on his head. “Didn’t you know it’s dangerous to walk alone in the dark especially if you’re an idol without any mask on? Aish ridiculous.” He nagged like what he always does that made everyone nod with agreement. They were all wearing their different styles of disguise each. “So what happened?”  

As Myungsoo remembered, he surprisingly hugged his hyung and cried at his shoulder, like a little brother being bullied. Sunggyu patted his back. “Hey hey stop crying now Myungsoo…”

 

“She already leaves… she already leave me…” Myungsoo muttered.

Everyone became silent. They glanced at each other as they think of ways to comfort him. Sunggyu as the leader and his hyung, he let Myungsoo cry on him, making him feel guilty for not being there for him since. But what can he do? Every person can be mad at times, and he was just one of them.

He frowned and patted Myungsoo’s back, “Sorry to hear that…” – is all that he can say.

Hoya stepped closer to his friend, “Stop crying now Myungsoo… We’re all here, we’ll support you.” He assured him. Myungsoo release himself from Sunggyu and faced everyone, like he was about to declare something.

 

“I’m sorry hyung… Everyone, I’m sorry… for all my mistakes.” he said, even though he thought he was too late.

Sunggyu nodded at him. “I admit at first I am mad but, yeah, we are your friends, your family, whatever you do, we will still forgive you, but you owe us an explanation okay?” he told him.

With a smile on his face, he nodded. The tears that were rolling on his cheeks were now because of happiness. Good thing, his hyungs were still here even though he already committed a lot of mistakes, that even some of it affected them. He was so grateful, and happy.

Sungyeol patted his arms and smiled at him. Even though not on _____, he knows his bestfriend still deserve a happy ending, and that’s because of them.

Sunggyu spoke again, “I figured she went away now… It’s okay Myungsoo , I know everything happens for a reason.”

“Right, you and _____ are a perfect couple. I still believe that you and her will get back together, not now, but in the future.” Sungjong added.

 Woohyun grinned. “Yeah, just look at the bright side. Continuing what Sunggyu-hyung said, maybe there’s a great opportunity for _____ waiting in America. That is good for her right?” he said, feeling all positive at the situation, and he wants Myungsoo to feel it too.

Dongwoo nodded. “It is also a good way for her to forget all the bad things that happened to her. You see, it is not that easy…”

Sunggyu continued. “After everything, destiny and time will work together and find its way to the right future. You understand that Myungsoo?” he smiled at him as he waits for his answer.

Myungsoo nodded. A thankful smile was plastered on his face. “Thank you hyung… and everyone… thank you. I’m so lucky that I have very understanding friends.”

Brothers.” Woohyun corrected him and showed him his greasy smile.

Sunggyu glared at him. Yeah they are a family but Woohyun’s line just gave him the shivers. Like it’s some kind of a scripted drama. “Ah! Cmon, everyone, let’s go home now, it’s getting late. Let’s continue the talk later. Arasso?”

“NEH!” they all screamed in chorus and walked away, happily.

 

After this, they still had a lot of things to solve. From the media to the fans, all of it should be fix. Even though they know this isn’t going to be easy, with them altogether, they know everything will be just fine. Everything will be alright. Forever, Infinite. <3  

 

 

 

 

 


 

a/n

 

Idk why I putted a heart over there. Hahahaha

Anyways, I hope I ain’t going to be killed.

You understand me right? Right?

 

If you guys have time, please?

Angel+Predator (starring Woohyun and you; Fantasy/Supernatural)

Thorns (starring Woohyun, Sungyeol and you; Romance)

as you can see, I like angst, so all of it are tagged with it.

...Or if you don't like there's

Hoya, The New Aegyo Master (starring Sunggyu Hoya; fluff)

 

So that's it. Thank you everyone! <33333

(even though I know there's some of you who wouldn't like this ending TT *what? I really like Myungsoo when he's crying XD. not in a bad way!*)