Last Chance

(SEQUEL) INFINITE KIM MYUNGSOO

 

“What?” Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at the news. He was too surprised with Sungyeol’s revelation as well as the others. “How come you haven’t told us earlier…” the low yet potent tone of his voice made him look scarier, and intimidating. The stare that Sunggyu gave Sungyeol pierced the eyes of the latter.

Sungyeol slowly looked away, avoiding his eyes. “I’m sorry hyung, I didn’t know what and how would I say…” he managed to reply. All along, Sungyeol was covered with fear. He didn’t know whether to finally say it or not because he still didn’t know the right words to use and the right timing to reveal. All he was assured of was that, it would be difficult for the others to swallow it. He would give the same reaction to it if it was him anyway.

“Jesus…” Sunggyu muttered as he exited the scene. Hearing the news about L’s situation gives him headache that he just wanted to clear his minds off and rest.

“Sunggyu hyung…” Sungyeol tried to follow their leader but he was cut by Woohyun.

“Infinite now has a lot of scandals because of L. How terrible.” He shook his head and followed Sunggyu.

 

One by one, they all went away, leaving Sungyeol alone.

First, it was the news about L’s recent surprising split-up with Jiyeon that’s circulating all over the news, and now, they had discovered that he actually cheated and what’s worse that made everyone mad was, they didn’t know all along. This kind of thing was simply a work of a plain . End.

 

Sungyeol took a deep breath. He was about to open the door to Myungsoo’s room. He kept on hesitating but he was eager to do this. At exactly 7:00 pm, _____ might be leaving Korea. He knew this isn’t accurate, but he was sure that the both of them deserved some talk before everything ends. Even though no one is on his side, even though he was also hurt, he will still be there for his friend, and that will be permanent, no matter what.

He slowly twisted the doorknob and pushed the door slightly, only to find Myungsoo staring at the blank space. “Myungsoo…” he called him in a soft tone.

Myungsoo only turned his head to look at Sungyeol, then turned back again.

Sungyeol got annoyed at his reaction a bit but it wasn’t important anymore. “Can I talk to you for a sec?” He pulled himself in, readying himself to say everything on his mind.

“If it’s about Jiyeon then sorry I don’t have anything to say.” He replied without a hitch. Sungyeol tried to calm himself down. How would he help Myungsoo in this situation if Myungsoo himself was being rude?

“No. You have to listen to me Myungsoo. It’s not that. It’s about _____.” Sungyeol told him.

 

Myungsoo instantly looked at Sungyeol. Only hearing her name gets his attention.

Sungyeol smirked. He knew that it is the only word that Myungsoo wants to hear. The name of his love, and his life.

“7pm later. It’s the time of her flight. Aren’t you going to talk to her?” he asked him.

“What for?” he replied again with his expected answer, as if he really doesn’t care. Myungsoo gave him his poker face but his eyes displayed a hint of longing and sadness, it became difficult for Sungyeol to read him.

Sungyeol spoke with annoyance. “Aish Myungsoo even just for this day why won’t you just lower your pride for a bit?” he rolled his eyes. “No wonder the two of you ended up like this.”

 

Myungsoo froze. Sungyeol’s words caught him. It was the most hurtful thing he got from his bestfriend. The atmosphere grew intense as Myungsoo continued staring at him. Sungyeol stared back, he could now see the real emotions Myungsoo was trying to hide. “Myungsoo, didn’t you know that she decided to migrate because of you?”

“Huh?” He squinted his eyes.

Sungyeol sighed, “Well, that was just my theory but I’m pretty sure it is. She wouldn’t leave everything that easily here in Korea right? You know that. She isn’t even that good in English…” he said.

Myungsoo’s face saddened. He didn’t answer anything as he was too stunned at the moment. Sungyeol inhaled deeply before proceeding with his sentence “Myungsoo, I-I’m sorry. I admit I was hanging out with her, but it was just a friendly act…” he paused for a bit to keep himself away from stuttering. “I even confirmed it to her and she gladly approve. I just wanted to comfort her because she doesn’t have anyone to rely on. Even if I’m with her and I…” He hesitated to continue his confession but he decided to go on. “And I… I kinda like her… she was still thinking of you. Even though she doesn’t say anything, it was too obvious to get noticed. It’s only you. That’s why you’re a pabo.”

 

Without realizing it, Myungsoo’s tears started to fall, without him even trying to control it.

Sungyeol widened his eyes at his friend’s sudden reaction. He hope what he said isn’t too much. Myungsoo started to speak. “I’m sorry…  I’m-I’m sorry I was a jerk. I admit it.  I’m sorry that I became rude to you. I’m sorry that I’ve judged you, that I called you stupid…” Myungsoo paused and closed his eyes as more of his tears started to fall. He wanted to say a lot more things but his tears were just beyond his control. His guilty mind is overpowering him. “I’m sorry for overreacting when I didn’t even ask you properly, I’m sorry for punching you, for lying to you…  I’m sorry… Hyung I’m sorry…” he said sobbing. His eyes were still close.

Seeing Myungsoo at this point, Sungyeol couldn’t help but also tear up. “Yah Myunggie why are you…” he sniffed as he tried to hold his tears, “Stop crying or else…”

 

Myungsoo’s shivering hands managed to wipe his own tears, although it’s actually no help at all. “Sorry…”

While Myungsoo was helping himself to calm down, Sungyeol grabbed this chance to tell him another important news.

 

“Myungsoo… I… I actually told everyone about what really happen… about everything…”

Myungsoo stopped and blinked. It was actually a good thing that the others now have knowledge about this, but what bothered him were their negative reactions. They were probably furious of him now. That’s what he expected, and he was right.

“As expected, they were mad, but that’s okay. They’ll forgive you soon. Just give them time.” Sungyeol assured him, he will do anything for his bestfriend to correct everything.

Myungsoo nodded weakly but wasn’t showing any objections. “I understand… I am actually not surprised…”

Sungyeol showed his satisfactory smile “So we’re… cool?”

Myungsoo smiled happily, with a bit of tears dwelling in his eyes. Not because of grief, but because he was now delighted. “I’m happy I got my bestfriend back…” he said.

Sungyeol grinned and patted his back. He missed talking to his bestfriend like this again. They both hugged each other, missing everything that they had missed, as if they hadn’t seen each other for a very long time. Sungyeol suddenly yanked himself off, recalling something. He checked on his wrist watch and gulped. “Yah!  You should really go to _____’s place right now. You don’t wanna be late right?”

Myungsoo was in doubt, yet his eyes sparkle with anticipation. “Should I?”

“Duh. You should have done it beforehand. Anyways, I believe in the two of you. Fighting!” Sungyeol positively encouraged him.

With that, Myungsoo didn’t think twice. He hurriedly walked out of the room and automatically thought of the words he would and must say to the one he truly loves. “Thank you hyung!” he shouted from outside of the door.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Myungsoo repeatedly walked back and forth while waiting for you outside of your apartment. He bit his lips thinking of the possible reactions he might get from you.

“I should have asked Sungyeol to come with me—huh?” he widened his eyes. Seeing you came out from the cab made his nervousness raise more. He hid somewhere at the corner, watching you walk slowly towards your front door. His heart beats faster as he got a glimpse of your face. Your hair that glows perfectly with the moonlight, your eyes that he admires the most, your nose that he loves to pinch, your lips that he always wanted to kiss, your presence, he misses all of it.

He couldn’t take it anymore. He took all his courage to approach you, fighting all the fear that he feels.

 

“_____!” he called and ran towards you. You faced him, feeling all shock seeing the guy who was standing in front of you.

You attempted to leave, but he stopped you with his grip.

“Wait…”

“What do you want.” you asked him in an impolite way.

Not minding how you respond, he goes on. “Can I talk to you?”

“There is nothing to talk about.” You answered him bluntly. You were about to leave again but he tightened his grip in your wrist. “Wait.”

He looked deep into your eyes. “I just wanted to tell you something. I want us to talk. I want to make everything about us clear. Please…” he softened. “Can you just… hear me out?”

 

You sighed. “Go. But make it faster. I don’t have all the time.”

 

 

 

 

-----

a/n

this isn't the end yet