A Special Friend

(SEQUEL) INFINITE KIM MYUNGSOO

 

People get confused. People cheat. Everyone does, and no one is excluded. Most relationships have problems like this. Although you are already committed, there comes a time when you get attracted with someone else. That’s why most “Long Distance Relationship” don’t work. You meet another person, and once that person gets close to you, a sudden desire for him/her will get into you. This is the confusing part. You thought it wasn’t like what you felt before from your existing relationship, but trust me, it’s not. Just because you knew that the new one is better, looks better, smarter, taller, and so on, and you see him/her more often, doesn’t mean it could never be worse than your existing relationship. Every person is different, even “you” is different. You thought the new person gives you more happiness, but have you really thought about the previous one? Think about it, you give more time on the new one, you give false excuses to the original, in a short time, you’re assuming you fell in love. But was that really love? After giving in to that feeling, you’ll feel happy and satisfied, but when once the one you unknowingly left alone becomes aware of what you are doing, you panicked and regret.

In the end, you’ll want to come back and start all over again.

 

Then why cheat in the first place? Why do people cheat when in the end they’ll just going to regret?

 

“Myungsoo… I’m really going to kill you.” Sungyeol muttered. He sighed, knowing that his bestfriend Myungsoo did something terrible, and he’s not regretting it. It seems like he’s enjoying while his ex is currently suffering.

Sungyeol is worried sick about you. Since you are close to him and you are his bestfriend’s previous girlfriend, he thought of you as a special friend. He really likes you, and he likes you with Myungsoo. Myungsoo and you were his special friends, that’s why even though he’s not included in what is happening, he’s also upset about the situation.

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, what do you think of Jiyeon?” Myungsoo suddenly changed the topic while he was chatting with Sungyeol.

“Jiyeon? T-ara?” Sungyeol asked assuring if he was thinking of the same person as Myungsoo.

“Yes.” Myungsoo answered.

“Uh, she’s great. She’s nice and pretty. Why?”

Myungsoo playfully grinned, “I’m going to tell you a secret.”

Sungyeol leaned backwards and widened his eyes as if he knows already what Myungsoo is going to tell, “Don’t tell me she already decided to admit to you her feelings for me?!” he hollered while looking intensely at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo giggled a bit, “You’re so funny hyung, but no. Kinda like that but not you.”

“I have no idea.” Sungyeol said.

“She just confessed to me.” Myungsoo without hesitation spilled which made Sungyeol’s eyes even larger.

“What? Really? When?” Sungyeol asked consecutively.

“Aish calm down. Yesterday, at a coffee shop in Shibuya.”

“Aigoo, the advantage of being in the same place as them.” Sungyeol commented in amusement.

“Yeah. Good thing T-ARA is also here in Japan.” Myungsoo nodded.

“So what did you tell her?”

Myungsoo before answering, looked around if there was someone who can hear their conversation. “I… accepted her.” he said in a low voice.

“Wha?! As your girlfriend?! Wow congrats!” Sungyeol applauded.

“Yah. Lower your voice someone might hear you.” Myungsoo whispered to him.

“Why what’s wrong with that? Wait--” Sungyeol raised his eyebrow as he remembered something. “Have you broken up with _____?” He asked in confusion. He then punched Myungsoo in the arms. “Yah! Why you didn’t tell me?”

“I didn’t…”

“Eh? Jinjja?!” Sungyeol exclaimed as he was shocked at what he have heard. “Aish this guy.” He said in a disappointed tone.

“That’s why I also told you about this first, I need your help…” Myungsoo said to Sungyeol. Sungyeol seems like he wasn’t going to help, but in Myungsoo’s eyes, you can see he was positive about this one.

 “Yah. I’m not good at that.” – the only answer Sungyeol could only think of. He wants to help Myungsoo about this because he’s his bestfriend but he also doesn’t want to hurt _____ feelings.

“Remember I have the worst past relationship?”

Myungsoo grinned at him.

“Okay, my advice, tell her. ASAP.”

 

 

 

Sungyeol ruffled his hair as he reminisce and thought about what Myungsoo had told him back in Japan.

He’s so stupid – he told himself, but he himself is stupid too, because he hasn’t done anything. How come he hasn’t even told you? And why the hell he covered up Myungsoo when he met you?

He regretted everything. Seeing you hurt was very unpleasant for him, moreover, it hurts him too.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and leaned at the back of his chair. “I’m going to make it up to her.”

He quickly searched for your name in his contacts, and as he saw your name, he paused and stared at it for a sec. He knows even though his plan was only to make you happy, it will still give everyone the wrong impression.

It doesn’t matter anymore to him, as long as it will erase your misery, and be happy again, he will accept any consequences. Even if it means losing his own bestfriend.

 

Maybe he loves you too? He doesn’t know.

 

He breathed deeply, as he pressed call.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

a/n

I'm sorry if I disappointed you guys but L really did cheat :(. It will be no fun if he didn't. 

well, L in next chapter. I guess.