You're the ONLY ONE (2)

(SEQUEL) INFINITE KIM MYUNGSOO

 

 

(Italic words are memories that ‘you’ keep on remembering, in case some of you might get confuse.)

 

 

 

“I won!” Sungyeol proclaimed happily.

Getting back from your short reminiscing, you looked at him, “Yeah… you won…” you barely said, still couldn’t get over from what you’ve just remembered.

Sungyeol noticed it, “_____-sshi, are you okay?” he asked you.

You couldn’t say yes or no. You couldn’t even lie to him. You bit your lips as you think for an answer. “Uhh… yes, it’s just that… I’m not good at manual. Hehe!” you casually said. You faked a smile as you looked at him, it was the most relevant reason you could think of at this time so you hope he wouldn’t think of anything.

He squinted his eyes at you as he reads yours, he had a feeling that you’re lying but because this was supposed to be a good time, and HE was SUPPOSED to make you happy, he just chose to grin and ride along at what you’ve said. “Hm, hehe. Dongwoo-hyung taught me! Hahaha!” he told you and laughed, with the concern still slightly visible in his eyes.

“Really? Then I think I must asked him too—Oh?” you blurted out looking at something behind Sungyeol.

He turned around, “What is it?”

You smiled delightfully.

 

 

“Let’s play Drummania!!” you said and pushed him towards the game.

 

 

 

“I want to play this…” you told Myungsoo cutely as the both of you were just there standing and staring at the untouched drums.

“Nah… I don’t want to.” He impassively rejected.

“But… you already refuses to play that guitar freak, so atleast play this one! It’s easier I think. Puh-lease???” you continued to plead, and this time, with your unusual aegyo. You barely do this, so you don’t know what his reaction will be.

*Aigoo…* he admits he couldn’t resist you, but because he wants to look cool, he kept his poker face in him, “Okay okay stop it I will.” He said and took the drumsticks beside the machine. “How do you play this?” he asked while looking innocently at the sticks.

“Oppa, really?” you shook your head in disbelief. “First, sit down there, then insert coin, then choose a song of your choice, then place your foot on that low tom, then press the pads according to that lights-i-don’t-know-what-it-is-called thing on the screen using that drumsticks. Get it?” you instructed him.

He glared at you. “Yah. Do I look like some guy who doesn’t know how to play drums? I just want to know how this thing works, not how to play drums.” He told you annoyingly and rolled his eyes.

You facepalmed, “Aish Myungsoo really? It’s the same. And what you’ve just asked was ‘How to play this thing’ not ‘How this thing works’. Oppa, do you expect me to discuss the chips and processors inside that machine with you? Unbelievable.” You hissed.

He rolled his eyes. “Whatever.” He sat down and started playing.

 

He inserted two of his tokens and started choosing a song. Since he doesn’t have an idea of any of those songs, he quickly chose whatever song it is.

AI NO SHIRUSHI

When the song started, you secretly giggled by yourself. It doesn’t really suit him, but it was so cute you just found him adorable.

Although the game was labelled ‘normal’ and kind of slow, Myungsoo missed it all. “Aish! Why it’s so … Argh!” he complained while constantly hitting the drums hard.

You burst out laughing, you can’t take it anymore. “Haha! Don’t be so mad oppa. It’s okay. Things like that happen. Hahahaha!” you told him while patting his back.

“Yah! It’s so hard! Why don’t you play this by yourself so you’ll find out how I feel…” he bickered.

You sighed. You don’t want to argue with him. “Because you say so…”

 

His game already ended. Well, it doesn’t really finish the whole song since everything was missed and it immediately hit ‘Game Over’.  

You sat on the chair, choosing a song. “Hmm… ‘Liar! Liar!’?” You have actually played it before with your friends, that’s why you’re pretty confident that you wouldn’t mess this one up.

Myungsoo smirked as he saw the words ‘Expert Real’. “Goodluck.” He told you with a smile that says ‘You will never make it’.

As soon as you started playing, lots of people gathered around you and Myungsoo. Myungsoo’s jaw dropped, he couldn’t believe you were actually good at it.

“Wow she’s good.” One of the people who were watching said.

*She’s my girl* Myungsoo thought proudly.

A few more seconds, another group of people stopped by, which made Myungsoo pushed at the back.

*What the— these guys?!* he thought, holding back his anger.

He tried to get back at the front but he can’t. Even if he wanted to pull these guys badly, he can’t because he might get recognize. His hands turned into a fist as he heard the conversation between the guys infront of him.

“Dude. That’s one hot chick. We should get her number.”

“Don’t you think she has a boyfriend?”

“Don’t care. He isn’t here anyway.”

 

*I’m at your back you idiots!*

 

“Let’s wait for her. She’s mine ‘kay?”

“No dude! I saw her first!”

“Then let’s see if who she likes. Haha!”

 

*They’ll gonna hit on my girl?! Mother er!* As Myungsoo badly wanted to kill these guys, he instead calmed himself down, not wanting to make any commotion. Of course he didn’t want to be part of the news on the next day.

He waited for you, and as soon as you finished playing, you realized he was not at your side anymore. You looked for him amongst all the people, he was there at the back. You saw him thinking deeply with his fiery eyes.  

He looked at you, still, his eyes were frightening, you don’t have an idea what had happened.

*Is this because I played better than him? Eh?!*

He gestured you to come near him, which you quickly obeyed. You stood up and made your way towards him. “Excuse me…” you politely said to the people who were unintentionally blocking your way. You noticed some guys were smiling at you, in a disgusting way, as what you have described by yourself. You ignored them and continued walking towards Myungsoo.

As soon as you went closer, his expression suddenly changed. He smiled at you cutely and suddenly, he pecked your lips.

“Omo!” You widened your eyes at what he just did. “How many times I told you no kissing in public?!” you whispered at him.

He doesn’t give you an answer, instead, he looked at the guys who were facing your back. You turned around to see what was or who was he looking at, turns out, they were the guys who were smiling at you lately. You looked back at him, he was giving them his death-glare.

It was so scary…

 

…yet so attractive that you thought if it’s a girl he was glaring to, she might squeal than getting scared. *Aigoo…*

He turned his attention to you. “Where do you wanna go now?” he grinned.

“I don’t know—Oppa, what was that for?” you said pertaining to the glares that he just shot at the guys lately.

“It was nothing. I’m just letting them know that you are mine.”

“Tss…” you hissed, although your reddened cheeks are quite obvious.

 

“Toy vending machine?” he suggested.

Your eyes got excited. “Yey sure!”

 

 

 

“Waah… Daebak!!!!” Sungyeol  screamed while cheerfully clapping his hands.

“Thanks.” You said under your breath.

“Where did you learn that? I’m so jealous!” he said showing his envy on you.

“I’ve been playing that with my friends before. So yeah. It wasn’t that great either.” You told him.

He shook his head. “Wasn’t that great? What are you talking about? Just by watching you, I feel like I’m a loser now. I tell everyone that I love drums, that I am Infinite’s drummer, yet I don’t even know how to play that…” he conceded and frowned.

You smiled at him. “Hey, it’s not like it’s required. Atleast you know how to play the real one, while me? I only know Drummania…” you said, giving him a gloomy face.

He suddenly returned to being cheerful as an idea comes to his mind, “Then why don’t we teach each other? I’ll teach you drums and you’ll teach me drummania?”

You chuckled at him. “Sure!”

 

 

 

10 minutes had passed, Myungsoo still couldn’t get the bear.

 “Haha! I said it’s okay already Myung-oppa…” you laughed at him.

He gave you a short and stiff answer, “No.”

You sighed. “Okay…”

You don’t know, but when he’s serious, no one could stop him.

He puts on his one last token. “Damn you coin if I still wouldn’t get this.”

You hit him on his arms. “Yah, stop cussing and blaming the coin, it’s not his fault.” You said and giggled quietly. He ignored you, he was dead serious about these.

 

The vending machine dings, you widened your eyes, at last, he finally made it.

“YES!” he suddenly burst out. He quickly grabbed the pink teddy bear below the machine and hugged it. “Oh-my-you-cutie-huggable-precious-cutie-cute-pinky-bear-with-heart I love you come to daddy!” he uttered continuously while hugging the bear with his eyes close.

You chuckled at him. Just when you thought the bear is for you. *Oh well, guess anyone could be childish.” You sighed happily. The famous cold L of Infinite, wasn’t an exemption to being a kid.

He stopped and looked at you. “Oh.” he said and handed the bear on you.

Without any reactions, you just stared at the bear, not having an idea what to do.

“What? You don’t want it?” he pouted.

“Oh…” you blinked and took the bear from him. “Thank you…”

He grinned. “Wait.” He said and grabbed something from his pocket.

He took your right hand and puts something on your wrist. His hands were cold, even though how much he tries to hide it, you can feel that he’s nervous, and he can’t deny it.

After he’s done, he showed you his wrist, “Look! Couple bracelet.” He said and smiled, making his dimples visible. Looking at him, you can’t decide if what’s more adorable, *Him or the bracelet…?* you thought by yourself.    

You looked at what he gave to you, it has yours and his initials on it. __ & M. “Cute…” you uttered.

“I know right. Like you…” he said, agreeing with you.

You flushed at what he had said, you shyly looked at him, but as you do, you noticed him blushing by himself too, and it made you giggle. *Aigoo… what a charming boyfriend I have.*

Great coincidence it is, because that’s what he thinks of you too.

You let out a long and happy sigh. How lucky you are. Kim Myungsoo is perfect, you couldn’t, and will NEVER ask for more.

 

“Oh.”

“Huh?”

“I have something more.” He said while looking at you intensely.

“What is it?”

He leaned closer and smirked. “I love you.” He whispered before brushing his lips into yours.

Unlike what he’s doing lately, although it’s just a peck, this was deeper. As much as you wanted to shove aside to stop him, you chose not to.

Realizing you’re not turning away, he broke the kiss. He smiled playfully.  “No kissing in public? One more of that and I’m just gonna kiss you again.” He warned you, but not in a threatening way.

You looked at him shyly. You can’t believe that you actually want more kiss from him. “No… kissing in public…” you said as your cheeks quickly turned into pink.

He smirked. “Thought so.” He said and kissed you once more.

 

 

 

“Waahh!!! I need to get that!” Sungyeol cried out. He badly wanted to get the bear that you pointed out lately.

“It’s okay. I don’t want it.” you said to calmed him down. You really didn’t want it anyway.

“But you said it’s cute!”

“Just cute. I didn’t say I want it.” you assured him.

He showed tantrums like a kid. No wonder he was entitled the choding of the group.

Pulling the sleeve of his dark green shirt, you whined at him. “C’mooon I’m tired let’s go now you’re just wasting your money on there.”

“Money?” something popped in his mind. “Good idea!”

“Huh?” you furrowed your eyebrows as he went towards the near staff. This couldn’t be bad. You thought.

 

He bowed when he got nearer to the staff, “Annyonghaseyo. How much is for that bear?” he said pointing to the bear at the vending machine.

The staff’s eyes got curious. “Bear? We’re sorry sir, but it’s not for sale. You have to play that for—“

He was cut by Sungyeol. “Eh… it’s so hard. Please, even if it cost a fortune… I don’t care.” He said trying to put up his best aegyo.

“But sir, we can’t. Even if you ask the cashier.” He told him.

“How about you? I’ll pay you… just give me the bear…” he begged.

“Are you trying to bribe me?” the staff raised his eyebrow.

“What? No!” Sungyeol denied as he fixed the cap that he’s wearing.

The staff recognized his face. “Hey, are you an… idol?”

Sungyeol bit his lips. Oh no…

“I know! You’re a member of that… Super Junior? No. U-kiss? Aish. What is that, uh… Infinite? You are… uh….” The staff tapped his chin as he think of his name.

“I… uh…” Sungyeol uttered but couldn’t say anything.

“You are that tall one.” The staff blurted.

Sungyeol laughed. Although there was no doubt he was kinda offended that he was just known as the tall guy, he just laughed at it. It was a good thing anyway.

“Why didn’t you say so.” The male staff said walking directly towards the vending machine beside you. Sungyeol followed him. Sungyeol walking with the staff got you more curious. You wondered what he told him.

“Are you his girlfriend? What do you want here?” the staff asked you.

“A-Ani. I’m just his friend.” You stuttered.

Sungyeol pointed his perfectly manicured finger on the cute brown bear on the machine “That’s what she likes.” He told the staff.

His nails are better than mine. You thought.

After the staff took the bear, he handed it to Sungyeol. “How much for this?” he asked.

“Ani. It’s okay tall guy.” He said giving him his thumbs up.

“Aww… thank you!” Sungyeol told him happily.

They both bowed at each other, and the same as you. As he left, you looked at Sungyeol. “What did you just do?”

He winked. “Secret.” He told you. “Anyway, here.” He said and handed you the bear.

“I don’t know how you did this but… thank you.” You told him smiling.

“No problem _____!” he grinned.

 

“Thanks. Myungsoo-oppa.” You suddenly blurted.

 

You widened your eyes. Oh my gosh why! Why did I say that?!

Sungyeol looked at you. He is still smiling. He knows this will happen as you kept on spacing out lately, but he wouldn’t let you know.

He held your hand, without changing his expression. “C’mon, let’s go home.” He said as the both of you left the arcade.

 

Even if you are with another person, memories of him keep on flashing. It’s really hard, especially after all those years, and it would just end into this, it’s hard to erase. You love him, and he is still the only one.

 

I love you Kim Myungsoo. If only I knew how to forget about you, I would do it. But I can’t. I keep on remembering you, and it’s so difficult for me to stop. As much as I want to take a break from all this, it’s impossible. How did you forget about me? Tell me, how can I forget about you?

Kim Myungsoo, you are the only one. I love you.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

it’s long alright

eh…not sure if there are guitar freaks in korea. Please have mercy on me!

Imagine L playing Ai no Shirushi. Hahaha so cute.

BoA’s Only One- it’s so relevant. I love this song.

I just want to say that this is still a Kim Myungsoo story.  It’s just that…that…Sungyeol…he’s…urgh, I can’t say.

 

WHO MISSED MYUNGSOO??