What should've been

Big Bang and Wonder Girls (one shot collection)

 "You're absolutely going to be lovely in that wedding dress, sweetie." Seunghyun said softly. His soft, deep voice reverberated in Yoobin's ears like sweet, dark chocolates melting into her heart.

"Why, thank you, Seunghyun. I thought you're going to mock me about how chubby or skinny am I, instead of complimenting on how will I look." Yoobin , a playful smile hovering on her lips. Seunghyun came closer to her and invaded her much-needed personal space.

"I love you Yoobin. You and only you." He whispered lovingly as he s his arms unto her waist. "Today, tomorrow and always."

Yoobin smiled bashfully, the dim light of the room they were in concealed the blush that scattered unto her face. "I love you too. Beyond words. Beyond everything."

She could see the grin that broke unto his face upon the humble confession of her love to him. He kissed her passionately as he d her body firmly; like he doesn't want to let go. Fire ignited within them as they built their future underneath the sheets of their dreams. With their bodies entangled and hands intertwined, the heat that radiated from both bodies led them to the peak of their desires, uniting their souls into one.

"Yoobin-ah, this is the greatest night of my life. You're amazing as ever."

Her face turned red as she listened to his compliments. She was sure that there were other girls who were very fortunate to have with Seunghyun before her, but she couldn't care less, as long as he's with her, she will be okay, for now.


Three consecutive knocks interrupted their moment and a female voice suddenly called out,

"Binnie, it's Sunye. Are you done yet? Jiyong called me and said that Youngbae has been in the church for half an hour already. Do you need help fixing yourself? I could lend some hand here. Come on now. Don't make your groom wait."

Yoobin held Seunghyun's hand as she felt it let go of hers. She wanted to escape and run away with him, but his eyes- his eyes were telling her not to. His eyes were telling her to do the thing that she didn't wanted. His eyes were telling her that he's ready to let go.

"Go." His voice was firm and relentless. "Youngbae is there. I've stolen a lot of time already.  Don't make him wait any longer and don't let Sunye have a heart attack when she discovers that I'm here with you."

She clenched her fists tightly, obviously annoyed at how this man before her, show such humor despite the fatality of the situation.

"No," it was barely a whisper that escaped Yoobin's desperate and quivering lips. He touched her cheek and wiped away a tear that streamed through it.

"Whatever happens, I'll love only you. Timelessly." He smiled for the last time as his voice became grave and threatening, "NOW GO."

 

Yoobin could only manage a nod.


* * *





"What took you so long? Did you know that Jiyong was practically flooding me with thousands of calls and messages?!" Sunye was escorting her outside the hotel suite towards the bridal car. "I was sort of worried that you ..you did something foolish, considering that you don't really want this." Sunye continued as she shot Yoobin a suspicious look.

The bride scoffed and glared at her maid of honor, "What could I possibly do? And what do you mean that I don't want this?I don't understand what you're talking about."

It was Sunye's turn to scoff and glare at her. She held Yoobin's arm tightly before she could open the door of the car, "Binnie, are you sure you're going to do this? I mean, I could help you if...if you don't want to. "

Yoobin would have  definitely grabbed the offer her best friend is proposing, but she was sane enough not to do something stupid. "Sunye, what the hell are you talking about?!! A while ago, you were practically  telling me how worried you were that I would do something foolish. Now, you're actually, offering to help me do something foolish."

Sunye sighed, "Look, I'm just worried. Marriage is not something that you could just flee from when you feel the need to. It's something serious that will cost your lifetime happiness and just so you know Binnie, as your best friend, I want you to be happy. I can't just let you mope around in sorrow when I know I could've done something to make you happy."

Tears started to streak down from Yoobin's eyes, "Sun, I don't know what to do. I can't...I can't let go..I love Seunghyun so much. So, so much." She then, began to sob uncontrollably.

Sunye's eyes widened at the mention of Seunghyun's name, "Binnie, it pains me to see you like this but..but, if it's just about Seunghyun that you're worried about, if you're not yet over him, than I'm afraid I can't help you.. I thought that you just plainly don't approve of Youngbae as your groom, the very reason why I wanted to help but turned out I was wrong. It's still about him"

"Sun, I know. I know, so please help me to decide... I'm so..-I dont--I don't know what to do" She cried, her mascara slightly ruined by the continuous flow of tears.

"Kim Yoobin, it's now or never. The choice is yours alone."


 
* * *

Youngbae looked sadly beyond the glass door. He was, beyond possibility of all doubt, in grief at the moment.

"Bro, we're sorry." Jiyong patted his shoulders lightly.

Sunye was silently crying beside Jiyong, "We didn't know that it would come back to her so...easily and so soon."

Jiyong wrapped an arm around Sunye's waist and she leaned on him for support. "It's okay, Sun. It's okay."

"How can it be okay when my eyes could clearly see what has happened to my best friend, huh? She's..she's..oh, I can't even say it."  Sunye began to cry louder and Jiyong decided that it would be better to embrace his girlfriend to provide her a much-needed concern.

"What did the doctor say, Bae?" Jiyong asked.

"She's diagnosed of Oneirophrenia and Schizophrenia." Youngbae could barely utter those words.

"She's still hallucinating about Seunghyun." Sunye said in between her sobs,  "She-she said that, that , they --had - I mean, made love just an hour before your supposed-to-be wedding... And I don't know how could that be possible because,.because Seunghyun.. Choi Seunghyun has been dead for 3 months already."

Sunye shuddered inwardly as she confessed that revelation which was obviously horrendous to hear considering the present situation. She decided it was best to bury her face deeper into Jiyong's chest, to prevent the cold goose bumps that ran like wild fire into her body.

Youngbae and Jiyong shook both of their heads.

Life .

It's just like that; it's never fair.