Scream Of the Butterfly | G dragon & Sunye |

Big Bang and Wonder Girls (one shot collection)

 

Sunye’s P0V

 

I watched as the rain drops sputtering from the dark clouds permeate the dainty glass window in my condo unit. It was just half past four but the sky has already darkened, casting a vast velvet shadow over the busy streets of Seoul.

 

I’m alone in my room, contemplating rigidly; savoring the final moments of my prerogative as a free individual.

 

I breathed in a hefty amount of air, getting a whiff of the soft lilac freshener that lingered throughout the place.

 

 

I was in pain;

 

 

My deep, dark eyes exhibited no allusion of the melancholy that usurped my heart.

 

 

But the excruciating grief is there.

 

 

ALIVE.

 

 

Concealing behind the silhouette of pretensions and denials that such ache exists, breeding insufferably within me as it gnaws my existence to nothing but oblivion.

 

I gripped the sharp window edge firmly, trying to avert the agony in my heart to the throbbing of my wounded hands, willfully attempting to convert the emotional hurt to a physical one.

             

 

But the pain wouldn’t cease, it instead swelled massively, worsening my condition. 

 

 

As much as blood streamed through my slender hands, my heart is bleeding profusely too.

 

Bleeding for unheard protests,

 

 

 

 

 

Bleeding for unrequited love,

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bleeding for a forbidden passion,

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bleeding for the scream of a butterfly,

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bleeding for Kwon Ji Yong,

 

 

 

 

 

Because tomorrow at exactly 3:30 in the afternoon, I was scheduled to marry a man my heart refused to accept.

 

 

Dong Youngbae.

 

 

Don’t get me wrong, I like Dong Youngbae since his family has been an old and extensive acquaintance of my own kin. But I never liked himmore than a friend.

 

                                   

Although he confessed to me before that out of all the girls, he had met, it was me who triumphed on his affection, I declined his declaration with the utmost politeness and civility a person could have made.

 

 

I couldn’t have possibly say yes when my heart already belonged to his best friend. Jiyong.

 

 

He was disappointed at first but then he began to think right and opted to move on.

 

 

Everything was well, ‘til that fateful day arrived.

 

 

When my parents and his parents announced to the media that we are getting married on the anniversary of the inception of Min Group of Companies.

 

 

That was the time when my world came crashing down before me. All my hopes and aspirations were ravaged to shreds.

 

 

All my dreams with Jiyong were shattered into pieces.

 

I cried silently every night, wishing that the dreaded day wouldn’t arrive.

 

I appealed to my father concerning the matter but he refused to entertain any objections from me. I tried to speak to my mother too but she also wouldn’t budge, reminding me of the responsibility I encompass as the sole heiress of our estate business.

 

 

“Butterfly,….”

 

My thoughts were interrupted by a familiar husky voice, who called my pseudo name,

 

Butterfly,Jiyong was the only person who could label me in such way. Astonishment and anticipation heaved my well being. I turned around to see who it was

 

And

 

 

 

 

Lo and behold,

 

 

 

 

 

Standing there before me was the person I want to see badly,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My Kw0n Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

“Ji,” I muttered, “You’re here,”

 

 

He smiled warmly at me, “Yes, I’m here.”

 

 

 

My heart jumped in ecstasy, he’s here. He came to get me away from this dreadful plight.

 

 

“Ji, are you- I mean-I I, what’s-“ I was stuttering, overwhelmed by his presence in front of me,

 

He merely guffawed.

 

 

My face flushed but I retained my composure, “H-how d-did you get in here?” the only possible andun-humiliating question that could come out from my mouth.

 

 

“I knocked but you didn’t answered so I figured out I’ll just come in since the door was unlocked,”

 

 

“Oh,” was all I can say.

 

 

Silence consumed the atmosphere as we looked at each other awkwardly.

 

 

•••••◘••••••••••◘••••••••••◘•••••

 

5 wasted minutes of silence.

 

 

“I’ll go straight to the point,” he suddenly broke the stillness of the situation.

 

 

 

“Eh?”

 

 

“Sunye-ah,” I sensed distress in his voice when he emphasized my name.

 

Why?

 

 

Why did he called my by the name that everyone entitles me?

 

 

Am I not his butterfly anymore?

 

 

 

“Ji, are you-

 

 

 

“Sunye, I’ll try to be a good sport. I promise I wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize your relationship with Youngbae, I-“

 

 

It was my time to interrupt him, “What are you talking about?”

 

 

 

“Youngbae’s my best friend since time immemorial and I couldn’t afford to lose our friendship just because of,……

 

 

“ME?” I retorted back at him. “Just because of me? Ji, if he is your best friend then what am I to you huh, ?!?!?!?! What!”

 

Tears gushed through my cheeks as I flared angrily at him

 

He was trying to tear my heart. He was trying to torment me.

 

He was trying to hurt me.

 

 

And he wasn’t just trying, he was succeeding.   

 

 

“Ji, don’t do this, please. Please.” I begged. I’ve implored to no one else before and this is the first time I did so.

 

Min Sun Ye never begs. I never beg but now, it doesn’t matter to me anymore.

 

 

 

“Please. Jiyong. Don’t do this.”

 

 

 

He looked away from me. Pain visibly seen in his eyes.

 

 

 

“I just came here to say goodbye.” He said softly.

 

 

 

“N0!” I yelled frustratingly. He turned to eave but I gave him no chance to do so as I enveloped my arms to his waist.

 

 

 

“Jiyong. Don’t do this,. Don’t leave me.  I can’t live without you. Please. Don’t” I was hysterical at the moment.

 

 

 

 

He pried my hands off his waist and turned to me.

 

 

 

“I love you, butterfly,” he whispered, and without warning he kissed me.

 

 

 

I returned the kiss with equal passion. His intrusive tongue entered my mouth, sipping all the sweetness my lips has to offer.

 

I gave in.

 

I gave in to his hypnotizing lips and just submitted to his moves. We kissed in frenzy as I wrapped my arms around his neck and his own around my waist.

 

Then all of a sudden, out of the blue and to my greatest disappointment, he broke our lip locking and shoved me aside.

 

 

“I guess this is goodbye” he uttered, leaving me alone in my room, with a shock expression in my face.

 

 

I sobbed uncontrollably, discarding all the unshed tears my eyes have long harbored.

 

So this is it?

 

 

After everything?

 

 

 

This is it?

 

 

Where’s my happy ending?

 

“……”

 

 

I looked outside the window as the rain stormed the city of Seoul in full heights.

 

With a little strength and a strand of hope within me I murmured, “Lord, give me a sign,. If rain shall shower our wedding tomorrow, I’ll pursue my dreams and supplicate Ji yong. But if the sun’s warmth shall reign tomorrow, then I’ll willingly accept my death sentence.”

 

 

And with one last glimpse at the rain outside I stood up and wiped my tears away,

 

Waiting for the answer that will either bring heaven to earth or earth to hell.

•••••◘••••••••••◘••••••••••◘•••••

 

Jiyong’s P0V

 

“Mianhe, butterfly. Forgive me for hurting you but this will be for the best” I laid down on my bed utterly depressed over the situation.

 

Just a couple of hours ago, he pushed away the only girl he loved.

 

The only girl he will love.

 

 

I sighed deeply and started to close my eyes waiting for the inevitable to come when somebody knocked on the door of my apartment.

 

Scrambling to my feet I went down to meet the unanticipated   visitor.

 

••••••••••••••••

 

“Youngbae?” I was startled at his appearance in front of my doorstep at this time of night. Shouldn’t he be preparing for the big day tomorrow?

 

 

•••••◘••••••••••◘••••••••••◘•••••

 

Next Day

 

Sunye’s p0v

 

The heat of the sun touched my cheeks as I opened my eyes to welcome the unwelcoming day ahead.

 

I winced.

 

It was a sunny day,

 

No hit of wetness from the previous rain that flared Seoul.

 

 

I stopped the newly formed tears that threatened to fall down my cheeks.

 

 

It’s all over….

 

I tousled upon my feet when I heard somebody was at the door.

 

“Good morning Miss Min, we are the make up artists your mother requested, I’m Park Ye Eun”

 

“And I’m Sunmi,. Don’t worry ma’am, we will make sure that you look extra beautiful on your big day!” one of the girls shrieked.

 

 

I smiled faintly.

 

 

 

I’m dying.

•••••◘••••••••••◘••••••••••◘•••••

 

The wedding march rung through out my ears as I walked up the aisle with my proud parents alongside me.

 

My steps were heavy.

 

This is the moment that I feared the most.

 

The moment that I would spend my entire life bounded in a chain of obligations.

 

 

My mother nudged me and whispered, “Stop sulking and smile. This is your wedding,”

 

More like my funeral.

 

 

My heart stopped beating when we reached the altar. I closed my eyes firmly to prevent my tears from smudging my make-up and trying to not to see what was to come.

I heard the excited gasps of my parents when Youngbae took my hand and led me to the altar.

 

 

 

“Are you going to close your eyes for the rest of the ceremony?”

 

 

 

My heart missed a beat and my blood flowed into my veins impulsively.

 

That voice.

 

The voice I longed to hear.

 

My breathings were short and sharp as anticipation and fretfulness absorbed my stance.

 

I drastically opened my eyes,

 

And

 

 

 

There

 

 

 

 

I saw

 

 

 

 

HIM.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kwon Ji Yong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The tears that I have stopped from pouring out dropped simultaneously.

 

 

 

                     Emotions surmounted my heart.

 

 

 

 

 

Am I dreaming?

 

 

 

“You’re not dreaming, butterfly”

 

 

 

He pointed something to me at the left wing of the church.

I turned my head to see what was it and spotted Youngbae sitting in front of the piano.

He turned to us and smiled.

 

 

 

I smiled in return and mouthed a ‘thank you’.

 

 

 

 

So this is what heaven feels like.

 

 

 

 

Without further ado, I veered my attention to my soon-to-be husband and gave him the sincerest SMILE I could form.

 

 

 

 

“So are we all set?” the priest asked at the both of us.

 

 

 

 

The moment I nodded to concur to the priest’s proceedings the heaven opened up and a GUSH of heavy rain fell down from the sky, showering Seoul the abundance of drizzling bliss.

 

 

 

Now I know that the scream of the butterfly has been heard.

 

_________________________________________________

 

RImi >> coming up :D

SO, how was it? Please let me hear your thoughts and comment :) 

Anyone, want to request any more Wonder bang one shot? 

Pls feel free to inform me :)

Thank you ^.^