Closer

My Childhood?

Kim omma brought Tiffany to an old spare room in the house. Tiffany just followed her, wondering where she's going to bring her. "Let's go in here," Kim omma said. Tiffany nodded in response. As they walked in, Tiffany saw some boxes. They seemed old but they weren't dusty. Well, Kim omma is a very clean person. "Here," Tiffany saw a box with the letters 'SHMY' written on it. 

"What is this, omma?" Tiffany asked, confused. 

"This stands for Stephanie Hwang Miyoung," Kim omma smiled and then she opened the box. It was full of photos and soft toys. "This is you girls' memory box. Everything in here are both you and Taeyeon's happy past." Kim omma said to Tiffany. Tiffany felt her eyes getting moist. 

"You actually kept all these," Tiffany sniffed.

"I knew deep down that you were going to return someday, and you did." Kim omma smiled while her tears gathered in her eyes. 

"Thank you, omma." Tiffany hugged Kim omma tightly.

"I want you to bring these home, take care of it. You might need it for her to recall you someday..." Kim omma smiled and wiped the crying girls' tears away.

"I will drop by often omma," Tiffany sobbed.

"Anytime you want, dear. You're always welcomed to come here. This was where you grew up too." 

That house was full of memories for her. The first time they met, the day that they purposely stepped on wet concrete and to mark their footprints on the walkway. Those were great memories and Tiffany was going to bring those days back.

 

When the girls were free, they would hang around at Taeyeon's house. They knew that Taeyeon was always lonely and needed company so whenever they had time, they would drop by and keep her company. Taeyeon loved her parents but she loves to have some alone time usually. That was why she bought a house that's big enough for her and her friends in case they want to come and stay the night also since she can actually afford it. 

That night, Sooyoung, Sunny, Yoona, Seohyun and Hyoyeon came over to hang out. 

"Yuri's coming over a little late, she's bringing her girlfriend over." Taeyeon laughed.

"Girlfriend?!" the rest echoed.

"Isn't unnie, straight?" Yoona asked.

"Well, that's what she claims to be but I don't believe her. If you guys see the way she looks at the girl, you guys will understand perfectly." Taeyeon said,

"Is that person nice?" the innocent young one asked.

"She is nice but she has this cold vibe to her, Fany calls her ice princess." Taeyeon explained.

"Fany?" Sunny asked.

"Oh, didn't I tell you guys?" Taeyeon asked.

"Tell us...what?" Sunny questioned again.

"I met this girl named Tiffany," Taeyeon smiled.

"Oh~ right! Tiffany!" Sunny exclaimed as she remembered Tiffany. Her thoughts went wild.

"Tiffany..?" Hyoyeon asked and raised her eyebrows.

"What's up?" Taeyeon asked Hyoyeon who seemed confused.

"No...it's nothing." Hyoyeon replied and looked at Sunny. Sunny understood and nodded. 

 

"I'm kind of nervous," Jessica said.

"Why?" Yuri chuckled. "They're nice, really."

"I know that but the problem is me," Jessica breathed in deeply.

"Relax, you'll be friends in seconds." Yuri put her hand over Jessica's while driving. Tiffany who was at the back seat wanted to squeal and gag at the same time.

"Keep your eyes on the road Kwon Yul, there's a 50%  chance of us not surviving this ride." Tiffany teased.

"Shut it, Miyoung." Yuri smirked.

"Yah..." Tiffany whined. Suddenly, she remembered something. "Why can't Taetae know my real name?" Tiffany asked Yuri. 

"Well, you see. She whispers your real name in her sleep sometimes." Yuri said.

"And..? Isn't better if she finds out who I am?" Tiffany asked again.

"She'd be in shock and that's not going to be good for her, emotionally. You should try to help her regain her memory of you bit by bit." Yuri explained. 

"Hmmm..." that was all she could respond. The car came to a stop.

"We're here~," Yuri sang.

"I think I'm going to puke," Jessica said. Yuri and Tiffany laughed at her. "stop laughing you two!" she snapped. "You guys don't understand, you're not the new girl." Jessica pouted.

"Relax~ you're going to be just fine." Yuri put her arm around Jessica's shoulder and gave her a squeeze.

"Yeah," Tiffany patted her back. "considering your cold personality...they should be the ones afraid not you." Tiffany giggled.

"Yahhh!" Jessica yelled. Yuri just laughed at the two.

 

The doorbell rang. Sooyoung went to open the door. "YO~ YUL BRO!" Sooyoung exclaimed.

"SOO BRO~!" Yuri exclaimed back. Tiffany laughed. Jessica stood, frozen. "I know you've met Tiffany,"

"Hey, you~." Sooyoung greeted.

"Hey, bartender!" Tiffany giggled.

"Come on in," Sooyoung said.

"Guys, let me introduce to you..." Yuri said as they walked to the gang. "Some of you guys know Tiffany." Jessica hid behind Yuri. "And this is Jessica." Yuri's smile changed.

"Welcome to the family, Jessica! I'm Sunny." Sunny smiled.

"Hi Sunny, you can call me Sica." Jessica smiled back.

"I'm Yoona!" Yoona said out loud and grinned. Jessica laughed.

"Yah, you look like my younger sister!" she smiled.

"Nice to meet you Yoona," Tiffany smiled.

"I am the mood maker here, Hyoyeon." Hyoyeon introduced herself.

"Hello, Hyoyeon." Jessica grinned. Tiffany raised her eyebrows. 

"Remember me, Miyoung?" Hyoyeon said softly to Tiffany. Tiffany's eyes went wide. Hyoyeon was also one of her childhood closest friends. Tiffany gave Hyoyeon a hug.

"What about me?" Sunny pouted. Tiffany looked confused.

"Soonkyu," Hyoyeon said. Yuri laughed. Tiffany then remembered that she was too, her childhood friend.

"Oh my gosh, how can I not notice?" Tiffany giggled.

"This is our maknae, Seohyun." Hyoyeon introduced.

"Hello, unnies." Seohyun smiled shyly.

"Hello, Seohyun." they both smiled.

"So...where's Taetae?" Tiffany asked.

"She could have fallen asleep," Sooyoung said. "she was tired a while ago and went to the bathroom. Maybe she decided to lay on her bed."

"Should I go wake her up?" Yuri asked.

"Let Miyoung go," Sunny smiled. The rest nodded.

"Me?" Tiffany blushed.

"Yes, you. Now go!" Jessica said.

"Last bedroom on the left," Yoona said.

"Thanks," Tiffany smiled and went towards the left side of the house. Tiffany walked towards the room and then, she opened the door. She saw the older girl fast asleep. She smiled at the sight but as soon as she walked closer, she noticed that Taeyeon seemed to be having an unpleasant dream.

"Please don't leave me..." Taeyeon whispered.

"Shhh...Taetae." Tiffany sat beside her and held her hands.

"Mi..young..." she whispered in her sleep, again.

"She must be dreaming about me..." Tiffany thought.

"Where can I find you?" she said again. Tiffany kissed her forehead.

"No, Miyoung, don't leave..." Taeyeon frowned in her sleep. "No...Miyoung, no!" her eyes opened wide. "Miyoung..." she then realized that Tiffany was holding her.

"It seemed like you were having a bad dream," Tiffany said as she caressed Taeyeon's head, trying to calm her down.

"It's nothing new," Taeyeon tried catching her breath.

"You were sleep talking," Tiffany said.

"I mentioned a name didn't I?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yeah..." Tiffany said. "Are you okay now?"

"Yup, thank you." Taeyeon looked Tiffany in her eyes.

"No problem," Tiffany smiled gazing back.

For some reason, Taeyeon felt like her life was complete. Tiffany made her feel complete. Part of her wanted to be more than friends but she was afraid. She didn't know why she felt afraid. She was afraid that Tiffany would leave her.

"Fany, are you going to leave me?" Taeyeon asked.

"No, never. How could I?" Tiffany answered. She felt like she was talking to the old Taeyeon. "I will never leave you, Taetae." Tiffany put her forehead against Taeyeon's. Taeyeon closed her eyes.

"I don't know why, there's this side of me who's afraid of people leaving me." Taeyeon whispered. "I too don't know why I don't want you out of all people, to leave me."

"I'm not going anywhere," Tiffany kissed her cheek softly and showed Taeyeon her beautiful smile that instantly calmed her worried heart.

"Thank you. I kind of feel embarassed saying all that even when we just met a few days ago." Taeyeon said.

"Hey, time is nothing. I feel like I've known you all my life." Tiffany smiled. "I do know you," Tiffany thought. Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Tiffany.

"I feel like I've found something I've lost," Taeyeon murmured against her shoulder. Tiffany wrapped her arms around Taeyeons neck. 

"Surprise," Tiffany giggled. Taeyeon pulled away from the hug.

"You are adorable..." Taeyeon brush the strand of hair on Tiffany's face. Taeyeon felt herself falling deeper into love. Falling more for Tiffany as time passes. She felt the need to protect Tiffany. It was no different for Tiffany, she was already in love with Taeyeon for a long time.

"Let's have dinner here tomorrow," Taeyeon suggested.

"With the girls too?" Tiffany teased.

"No way~ just you and me." Taeyeon kissed Tiffany's nose.

They were getting used to intimate contact but neither one wanted to say those three words yet.

 

"Did Fany fall asleep too?" Sunny asked.

"Maybe they..." Sooyoung paused and giggled. That just earned her a smack on the head from Sunny. "Oh come on, shortstuff. I know that you're thinking the same thing." Sunny blushed. 

"No," she pouted.

"Keke, so cute." Sooyoung pinched her cheeks.

"She's been gone for quite a while," Jessica said. 

"Should I go check on them?" Yuri asked.

"I think we should leave them alone a little longer," Hyoyeon suggested. The girls agreed.

 

"Should we go outside now?" Tiffany asked.

"But I want to stay with you here," Taeyeon pouted.

"We have the whole entire day tomorrow, Taetae." Tiffany smiled.

"Awww, fine..." Taeyeon frowned. Tiffany pulled her off the bed.

"Let's go~,"

"Nooo~,"

"Yahhh~,"

"Nooo~!" Taeyeon pulled her hand back and cause Tiffany to fall on top of her. Taeyeon laughed.

"Taetae~," Tiffany groaned.

"Fine, fine, let's go cute girl." Taeyeon rolled over and helped her up.

"Dork," Tiffany pouted. Taeyeon stuck her tongue out at Tiffany and they both went to the living room hand in hand.

 

"It's about time you two came," Yuri said. Sunny and Sooyoung looked at each other and bursted out laughing.

"Came..." Sunny laughed.

"Gosh, sick unnies." Yoona rolled her eyes.

"This is why you two are perfect for each other," Taeyeon smirked. The two girls stopped laughing and glared at her.

The rest of the girls laughed as they teased the two.

"Oh, they're not dating?" Tiffany pretended. The rest of the girls laughed even louder as Sunny and Sooyoung's face became even redder.

"HWANG MI..." Sunny was about to continue when she remembered that Taeyeon was there. "Besides, why would I want to date this girl right here?" Sunny scoffed.

"Same here, she's too short. I don't date girls under 1.60m." Sooyoung said. Sunny felt offended, she decided to just remain quiet.

"Oo...kay, let's watch some movies." Hyoyeon suggested.

"It's Sunny unnie's turn to pick," Seohyun said.

"Let Tiffany or Jessica pick this time," Sunny said and then she remained quiet.

"You really made her mad," Yuri whispered to Sooyoung.

"No~, my bunny~." Sooyoung whispered back.

"What do you pick, Fany ah?" Taeyeon asked.

"You," Tiffany giggled.

"Stop joking, go pick a movie." Taeyeon smirked.

After the movie started, one by one, the girls started to fall asleep. Taeyeon and Sooyoung was the only one awake.

"You know, you should really apologize to Soonkyu and confess." Taeyeon said softly, not wanting the other girls to wake up.

"How can I? She hates me to the core!" Sooyoung answered in the same tone.

"Well, try or not, you'll be too late." Taeyeon adviced.

"What about you and eye smiling girl?" Sooyoung asked. 

"Well, we sure are moving quite fast." Taeyeon looked at Tiffany whose head was on her lap, fast asleep.

"Good job. Is she the one?" Sooyoung asked.

"It feels that way, but, this Miyoung girl. I still want to find her."

"Good luck but never let Tiffany go, she seems really into you." Sooyoung smiled.

"You really think so?" Taeyeon played with Tiffany's hair.

"We all know so," Sooyoung grinned. "Go bring her in. You should get some sleep too."

"I guess I should," Taeyeon looked at the sleeping angel. Taeyeon carried her slowly to her room and lay her down gently on the bed. She cover the girl's body with her blanket and laid herself next to her. "Goodnight, Fany." Taeyeon kissed her cheek and wrapped her hands around Tiffany's waist and pull her close. Soon, she fell asleep.

 

"Taetae~, I found you! I told you I'd be back!" the little girl laughed.

"I haven't found you, Miyoung! Where are you?" Taeyeon asked.

"I'm closer than you think," Miyoung kissed her cheek and disappeared. That warm sensation on her cheek felt familiar.

 

Tiffany kissed the sleeping girl's cheek. "I can't believe I've found you."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Was that long enough for you guys? I hope so. I am really sorry I haven't been updating. Holiday mood, y'know? But, I knocked some sense into myself and realized how much I missed writing this story. 

I wanna thank ALL of you guys who have subscribed, you guys are the best.

I will try to update often cause I don't want to disappoint you guys any further.

Also, do comment~ I have a lot of readers but so little comments. How do I improve? Kekeke, it's fine if you don't comment though. I don't mind. As long as you do promote this story!

If you are interested, do ready my other on-going Taeny story, it's gonna be shorter than this, I'm going to finish it pretty soon so while waiting for this story to continue, you could read the other one. 

Next update will be in a few days!

Again I would like to apologize to you guys. Also THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Follow me on Twitter: @rose_atoria