Now I Know

My Childhood?

"Hwang Miyoung!" Yuri yelled. "I thought you'd never return!" Yuri ran to Tiffany and gave her a hug. Tiffany then pulled away.

"Yuri, you're Kwon Yul?!" Tiffany asked. Yuri nodded and they pulled each other into another hug.

"I've missed you so damn much!" Yuri smiled and pulled away.

"I've missed you too~," Tiffany pouted as tears welled up in her eyes. Jessica just stood there and smile. "Looks like Tiffany is getting closer to finding what she's been searching for," she thought, happy for her best friend.

"What brings you back here?" Yuri asked excitedly.

"Taetae..." Tiffany said softly. Yuri was at loss for words, she didn't know how to respond to Tiffany. "was that Taeyeon, my Taeyeon?" she bit her lip and asked Yuri. Yuri hesistantly nodded. "Why doesn't she remember me?" Tiffany asked another question. Yuri was about to answer her when Jessica cut her off.

"Do you girls want to talk inside instead? It's cold out here." Jessica said.

"Your friend here is really considerate," Yuri complimented Jessica to Tiffany. Apparently Jessica heard and her cheeks went red. Yuri grinned at that sight. Tiffany raised her eyebrows questioningly.

"Considerate? All my life I've known her I have never once seen her being considerate to anyone other than herself." Tiffany said.

"Hey, shut it. I'm always thoughtful and considerate." Jessica snapped.

"Come on, Yul. Let's go inside." Tiffany brought Yuri into her house for the second time. Yuri and Tiffany took a seat at the couch and then they started asking each other about their own lives. 

"So, how have you been? Looks like your designing dream came true." Tiffany smiled at Yuri.

"Nah, it's nothing big. I just sell my clothes without a license. I can't afford to create my own line." Yuri sighed.

"I see you have a very loyal customer," Tiffany grinned. Yuri gazed at Jessica who was in the kitchen.

"I owe her a lot, she's like my one and only customer. My best friend's best friend is my customer, why aren't you my customer?" Yuri pouted.

"I wear you once in a while, you're more of Jessica's style." Tiffany suddenly realized that her sentence didn't sound right. 

"Excuse me?" Yuri asked. Then they heard a yell from the kitchen.

"Jessi, you alright?" Tiffany asked. "That's what you get for eavesdropping, princess." Tiffany smirked inwardly. "As I was saying...what I meant to say was your designs are Jessica's style, not mine. I mean the clothes are all pretty but..." Tiffany started feeling bad for not wearing her old best friend's creations.

"Hey, Tiff, it's okay." Yuri laughed. Just then, Jessica came out of the kitchen with three cups of hot chocolate. Tiffany showed her a funny smile.

"Here, get rid of the cold from outside." Jessica smiled.

"I just had some," Yuri grinned.

"I figured that I could make you more, I mean, I couldn't just not offer you a drink when I made Tiffany some..." Jessica looked down. Tiffany wanted to burst out laughing. She has never seen Jessica so shy. She wasn't even cold towards Yuri and that's a first.

"Thanks, I wanted more actually." Yuri chuckled. "But I was too embarassed."

"You can come for more anytime, hot chocolate is the only thing I can do without burning anything in the kitchen." Jessica joked. Tiffany's mouth hung open. Were they flirting directly in front pf her? It's was a brand new view, cute too but they were definitely making Tiffany's fingers curl up.

"I might take that offer," Yuri smiled. She looked at Tiffany and asked. "what about you? What's going on in your life right now?"

"Nothing special, nothing great." Tiffany said. Jessica cleared feeling offended. "Well, meeting this Ice Princess is the only exciting thing in my life. I was just a diligent student in the States waiting for freedom to go back to Korea." 

"Ice Princess?" Yuri questioned. "There she goes again talking about Jessi, these two should just date." Tiffany thought.

"That's everyone's nickname for me," Jessica said. 

"She's cold to people, very cold." Tiffany elaborated.

"Really? I think she's a warm ice." Yuri grinned. Jessica started to blush again. 

"So...about Taeyeon." Tiffany started. The atmosphere in the room changed. "Why can't she remember me?" Tiffany asked.

"Hmmm," Yuri let out. "before your birthday..."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Yuri ah~, Yuri!" little Taeyeon ran to her best friend's house which was a few houses away. 

"Yes?" Yuri who was playing at the frontyard stopped and ran over to her panting friend.

"I want you to help me make the perfect gift for Tiffany's birthday," Taeyeon grinned.

"Why don't you just get her something from the store? My mommy always does that for her friends." Yuri suggested.

"I don't know...I want it to be special so she will remember." Taeyeon pouted.

"Maybe you can draw her a card?" Yuri pondered.

"That's too common," fussy little Taeyeon frowned.

"Hey, why don't you think? I've ran out of ideas." Yuri complained. Taeyeon remained silent because she felt guilty. "I got it! Why don't you just ask her what she wants?" Yuri's light bulb lit. Taeyeon looked confused.

"It won't be a surprise that way,"

"That's the point~ everyone is going to give her a surprise gift but you're going to give her what she actually wants, isn't that special?" Yuri explained. Taeyeon stopped to think.

"YURI, YOU'RE A GENIUS!" Taeyeon hugged Yuri. "I'm going to her house now!" Taeyeon ran off towards the direction of her most precious friend's house. Little did she know no one would open the door.

"Tiffany~" Taeyeon rang the doorbell. "Miyoung~."  Taeyeon stood there for half an hour waiting for Tiffany to open the door but she never did. Suddenly, she felt uneasy. Something must be wrong. Tiffany usually opens the door within second after she rings the bell but something was odd today. "Maybe she went out with her family," Taeyeon said to herself and walked back to her house. "I should return tomorrow." she pushed away the feelings she didn't understand and went home.

"Taeyeon ah, where have you been?" Mrs Kim asked her daughter who just returned home.

"Miyoung's,"

"Miyoung's?" her mother looked at her.

"I waited at the door for a very long time but nobody opened the door," Taeyeon pouted. Her mother smiled while showing guilt in her eyes but Taeyeon was too young to notice.

"Maybe they went out or on a vacation?" her mother tried to cheer her up.

"Miyoung would have told me, omma." Taeyeon frowned. "I'm her best friend."

"I know dear, maybe she was in a hurry?" her mother lied but she knew someday soon, Taeyeon will find out that the Hwangs have left the country. Taeyeon left the living room.

"Miyoung wouldn't leave me without telling me, would she?" deciding that she trusted her best friend, she went to sleep hoping that Tiffany would be home the next day.

The next morning, Taeyeon got up and ran out of the house, skipping breakfast, making her way to the Hwang's. Mrs Kim couldn't even catch up with the kid. 

Taeyeon finally stopped running as she saw Tiffany's house. "Why is the door open?" she said. Taeyeon walked in and saw that the house was empty. Those photo frames collection the Hwangs displayed, they were not on that white dresser. That dresser wasn't even there. Their comfy couch wasn't there either. Tears welled up in her eyes, Taeyeon started sobbing softly. This can't be happening. She ran up to Tiffany's bedroom hoping that she would be there, on her bed playing with her dolls but as she opened the door she saw nothing, again. "Miyoung ah..." Taeyeon started sobbing harder. Taeyeon's eyes landed on a photo frame that was left on the floor. She picked it up and saw a photo of her kissing Tiffany on the cheek while Tiffany was hugging her tightly, smiling wide, showing her eye smile. She turned the frame over and saw a short message. 

"I will always remember you. - Miyoung"

Taeyeon cried to herself, in that empty room, that empty house, until she fell asleep.

Taeyeon woke up feeling a little bit tired, her eyes felt a little bit painful and then she saw her mother sitting by her side, on her bed, in her room.

"How are you feeling, Taeyeon ah?" her mother asked.

"I had a nightmare," Taeyeon remembered. "I dreamt that Tiffany left me."

Mrs Kim's heart broke, she didn't know how to explain to her daughter.

"Taeyeon ah..." her mother said softly. At that moment, her mother had tears in her eyes. "it's not a dream. Miyoung moved away."

"Move? But, it's not far away right? We still can visit her a lot right, omma?" Taeyeon asked hopefully.

"I'm sorry," Mrs Kim felt her heart break. "she moved to America."

From that day onwards, Taeyeon didn't leave her room. Her mother had to force her to eat and drink. She didn't want to play with Yuri, Yoona or Sunny anymore. She stopped talking, she was no longer that cheerful child everyone grew to love. She changed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"We never heard her voice after you left," Yuri explained. Jessica rubbed Tiffany's arms, this all made Tiffany, shocked. Her tears couldn't come out of her eyes, she had no words to say. Taeyeon suffered because she left. She didn't know that it would affect Taeyeon as much as it affected her.

"But, what does that have to do with her memory loss." 

"Taeyeon is well, you know, a pretty sensitive person inside. Once something hurts her, it eats her up." Yuri sighed. Tiffany showed that she was not satisfied with that one sentence. "Seeing that you weren't there, she dashed out of the house and into the streets where a huge truck hit her and her head was badly injured. She didn't wake up for weeks." Yuri swallowed her saliva. She knew that Tiffany's heart was breaking right now but, Tiffany should know what happen or she'd be left clueless. 

"Is there...more?" Tiffany choked. It became hard for her to breath, she was trying to keep herself from crying.

"The doctor said that she forgot what happened in her life, it was hard for us to make her remember us." Yuri bit her lip.

"Did you...ever mention me, to her?" Tiffany asked slowly.

"Mrs Kim feels so bad for doing this to you," Yuri said. "she knew that you weren't going to come back for a very long time so, to avoid Taeyeon from being a depressed kid, she didn't want to make Taeyeon remember you. She can't bear to see Taeyeon hurt. I'm sorry, Tiffany." Yuri apologized after she explained.

"It's for the best," Tiffany tried to smile. " this happened because of me. I made her suffer. She even lost her memories because of me." Tiffany finally broke down and cried into Jessica's shoulders. Yuri looked at Jessica with sorry eyes.

"It's not your fault, Tiff." Jessica comforted her.

"If you don't plan to leave Korea, she might actually start remembering you." Yuri said softly.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I promised you that I'd be back, right?" the little girl smiled, making her eyes curve along. The little girl turned around.

"Wait, tell me your name..." Taeyeon said.

"It's Miyoung, I have to go now. See you someday, Taetae~!" she cheerfully bid Taeyeon goodbye while showing her eye smile.

"Miyoung, don't leave yet..." Taeyeon said but the little girl was already leaving. "Miyoung, Miyoung! Miyoung!!!" 


"MIYOUNG!" Taeyeon yelled as she sat up, waking up from her dream. "It was just a dream, again..." Taeyeon sighed. "Who is this Miyoung...is that her name?" "Miyoung..." Taeyeon repeated the name so that she would never forget.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HOW WAS IT GUYSSS~~~??? Was it that bad? T_T I have like over 50 subscribers now. I AM SOOO THANKFUL FOR THAT. THANK YOU ALL~~~!!! It's means sooo much to me. I will be sooo busy these few weeks because I have my National Exams coming up soon but I will still try to update.

Sorry for any mistakes in EVERY single chapter, I'm always excited and in a rush.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and better chapters will come up in the future~. Thank you guys for supporting and to all you silent readers, do comment. Well, I'm not forcing, just, you know, it makes me feel better and it tells me that I am doing well.

Keep commenting, subscribing and promote this to other Locksmiths~~~!!! I LOVE YOU ALL~!!!

P.S: I AM SUNNY BIASED.

P.P.S: KEKEKEKE.

Follow me on Twitter: @rose_atoria