12.

You Were Mine

"Do you want to go anywhere?" Gi Kwang asked.

 

"Let's go visit my parents," I said,"I have never introduced you to them. You deserved to meet my parents because you are close friend. You're good to me and make me smile. My parents need to know you."

 

"You think so?" he said.

 

"Yeah," I smiled.

 

Recently, meaning in class, I noticed Gi Kwang a lot... and I think I'm developing feelings for him. It doesn't seem right though. I recently broke up with Junni- I mean Junhyung... and I also still have some feelings for him. It'd be weird... I smiled to myself. Gi Kwang... he seems different than Junhyung... by a lot.

 

"Tell me where to go," he said.

 

"All right," I said.

 

I gave him the directions to the cemetary. I miss them a lot... A lot more than anyone could ever imagine. More than you can think of. I miss them.

 

"You must miss them a lot," he said.

 

"I do," I said,"a lot."

 

"How much?" he asked.

 

"More than you can ever imagine or think of," I smiled. I looked out the window and looked at the sky.

 

"Oh," he mumbled.

 

"The sky always looks pretty," I said,"I feel happy knowing that they watch me from such a pretty place."

 

"The sky is really pretty," he said,"not as pretty as you though."

 

"Oh," my cheeks turned red.

 

"Rin," he said,"if I were to die... what would you do?"

 

"Don't say that," I said.

 

"What would you do though?" he asked.

 

"I would cry... for a long time. I can't ever imagine you dying. You are my best friend. You can't leave me like that. That's too mean. I know you you would never do that because I need you here with me. I wouldn't be able to be happy anymore," I said. I stopped because that was enough.

 

"Really?" he said.

 

"Yeah. You're my best friend," I said,"and you're always here for me. I wouldn't know what to do."

 

"You'd really be that sad for me?" he sounded unconvinced.

 

"Of course!" I went on,"who is going to sing me to sleep and give me hugs? Who is going to be there at a big recital when I play solos? Who's going to be there to make me smile and wipe away my tears. Who is going to take care of me. Who is going to calm me down when I need it."

 

"Who?" I started crying,"Who is going to be here beside me?"

 

"Rinnie," he said,"don't cry. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

 

"Its okay," I stopped crying,"I just wanted you to know... that I appreciate you so much."

 

"I appreciate you too," he said.

 

We stayed quietly on our way to the cemetary. I can understand why they call him Pabo Kwang now. He can be such a pabo. He was bringing it up to see how much he meant to me, but he didn't know I would cry. We were almost there now and I felt so nervous. I don't know why though.

 

"We're almost there," I said.

 

"Oh," he said.

 

When we got there Gi Kwang ran to the other side of the car to open my door. I laughed at him and he smiled. What a pabo. I kept laughing. 

 

"We're here," I stretched.

 

"Yeah," he smiled,"I don't know why... but I feel nervous."

 

"Probably because you haven't met them," I said.

 

"Yeah," he said.

 

We walked in the cemetary. I was in front of him and he wa following me. I saw my mom and dad. I smiled because I felt so happy to see them again.

 

"Hi, umma. Hi, appa," I smiled,"I have a really good friend of mine here. His name is Lee Gi Kwang. Come out, oppa."

 

"Hi," he bowed,"I'm Lee Gi Kwang. Nice to meet you."

 

"Umma, appa. If you worry about me. Its okay. I have Gi Kwang oppa. He's here to take care of me. He takes care of me so well. When I need him he's there. He always makes me feel better. You don't have to worry at all," I smiled. I looked over at Gi Kwang,"oppa what's wrong?"

 

"Its nothing," I heard sniffles,"you just make me sad... seing you like this. I know you want to cry... so I'm crying for you now."

 

"Oppa," I said.

 

"Mr. and Mrs. Yang, don't worry about Rinnie here,"he smiled,"I'm here to sing to her, to give her hugs, to see her at important recitals, to make her smile, to wipe away her tears, to take care of her."

 

"Oppa," I hugged him.

 

"You shouldn't worry. She's in good hands," he said.

 

"Appa, umma. You see?" I smiled,"we should go now. You must be busy where you are. Bye."

 

"Bye, Mr. and Mrs. Yang," Gi Kwang smiled.

 


sorry for not updating in a while... here it is. Enjoy~