Regret

My Lucky Star

Scarlett has been acting strange lately, she's been more distant. She's also been more distracted and moody, I'm sure she wasn't on her monthly girl thing, I'm sure she was just stressed about work and studies so I wanted to make her relax. So I decided to ease her brain with a nice romantic picnic! She was still at work while I got home a bit ago from my schedule. I began to make sandwiches to pack into the basket I also started to make all kinds of side dishes and packed them. The time went by fast and it was soon the time that Scarlett was to be released from work. It's 7 o'clock at night right now and I walked out of my apartment with a smile, greedy to see that beautiful face. Scarlett is working as this guy's secretary right now and I always yell at her to be careful in case he's a erted boss. She always thinks I'm just crazy though. I mean come on, you see the boss and the secretary hitting it off in the drama's all the time. Scarlett is a beauty so what if the boss falls in love with her? You never know what could happen!

I walk in and start talking to the secretary. I clear my throat before saying, "excuse me, I made an appointment to see Miss. Jang Scarlett." I flash the beautiful secretary my cheesiest smile. The guts she had! She punched me in the shoulder! "Excuse me but I could report you to your boss miss." She throws her head back and laughs. I finally drop my role playing.
"Did you come to pick me up? I'm almost done with work."
"Yes! Please hurry!" I look down at her and smile. She scans some papers then types for a while then stands up triumphly and goes into her boss's office to let him know she was leaving. We skip out of the office holding hands like little kids. 

Once we get in the car Scarlett closes her eyes and sighs. I reach my hand over and put it on her knee.
"What's with your sigh? Tired?" She nods without opening her eyes to look at me. "I'm sorry I know you're tired but you'll have to just bare through it for just a little bit. I bet you're hungry right?" Her eyes burst open and lights up at the thought of food.
"Yes! I'm so hungry I could eat a whole Woohyun!" She said while rubbing her tummy.
"You can't eat me! I'm made out of kryptonite! So since your Super Woman you'd die if you ate me." She tiredly smiles at our childish argument.
"Go to sleep, I'll wake you up whenever we get there."
"Okay! Thank you!" She takes my hand and I hear her breathing even out.

As we reach Grandads Bluff, I park and wake Scarlett up. Before I could even wake her up she turns her head to look at me.
"Are we there already?"
"I thought you went to sleep?" I her forehead getting rid of her bangs from her face.
"I can't fall asleep during the day." I nod.
"We're there. You ready to eat?" Her eye's light up and she rushes out of her seat belt and out the car. I get out also and go to the back to grab the basket filled with food and then a blanket for us to sit on. We walk to the head of the car and lay the blanket down inches away from the car. I then lay down the food and tell her to eat up, she does as I say and eats away happily.

As we finish eating I put everything into the basket and since it was getting dark I the headlights of the car. Soon we just sit there enjoying the view the bluff gave us. My gaze then goes up to the stars.
"You make the stars feel ashamed."
"What are you talking about?" I could feel her confusion boring into me and I just smile.
"I always thought that the most beautiful thing I've ever seen is the stars. That is until I met you, your beauty puts even the stars to shame." She just sat there, looking up at the stars also. She was studying to become an astronaut she told me and I felt we both had a connection some how and I think that connection between us are the stars. But I feel that she excels so much that she is My Lucky Star.
" 'When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.' This is what Juliet say's about Romeo but its all made up. How do I know that what you just said is all made up?" I look at her confused.
"Made up? Why would I just make that up. I don't have the time to make up that kind of stuff."
"Does your love lie in your heart or in your eyes?" She says flatly with no emotion. Which confused me, of course my Iove lies in my heart why would she even question it?
"Why would you even question my love for you? Of course my love lies in my heart, Scarlett." She contemplates my reply before saying anything. Few minutes passed and she still didn't say anything. I just looked up to sky thinking of what she had said. Did my love for her lie in my heart or in my eyes? Of course in my heart! Yes in the beginning I did think it was in my eye's but I soon came to find out it really did lie in my heart.
"Scarlett... I've noticed you've been more distant. Is something wrong? You can trust me." I take her hand and turn her to make her look me in the eyes. She looks up at me and I don't see anything in her eyes this time. Most of the time I could see the emotion she's feeling rush through her eyes but this time I couldn't see it, I couldn't see anything.
"The thing is, can I really trust you? Do I regret agreeing with moving in with you when I had no feelings for you?"
"Wait! Hold up. Okay you didn't have any feelings for me? Then why would you just brush off our kiss more like kisses now. You obviously love me Scarlett." I was getting angry by now. How could she do this to me. Say she has no feelings for me but the countless times I kissed her and she didn't pull away or anything. I swear I could see love in her eyes... but tonight might not be the same story. But even if it's not love, I'm sure it's not hate! I refuse to think she hates me because I've never seen hate in those beautiful eyes!
"Really, Woohyun? And what makes you think that?"
"Because I know. I can see it in you're eyes that you love me. The way you smile, the way you grab my hand and skip ahead... Scarlett why are you being this way? The Scarlett I see before me tonight isn't that same Scarlett I fell in love with."
"That's funny we're talking about love right now but neither of us has the guts to come out and talk about our relationship. We were never official we were never really in a relationship." That was true, even if I was the man, I didn't have the guts to ask her to be my girlfriend or have the guts to just tell her that she's my girlfriend. I look down disappointed and unlink our hands.
"I'm sorry." She sighs and tries to grab for my hand again.
"No, I'm sorry. I was too harsh. Let's go home and rest." She gives me a small weak smile.

Once we reach home we both crash into bed after changing clothes and brushing our teeth. The car ride home had been silent and this silence was filled with something I couldn't pick out. I always could pick out what the silence was filled with but this time, I was clueless to what was going on. Despite having an awkward vibe between the both of us, we both say our good nights and I kiss her lightly on the lips but this time she pulls me back in for another kiss. A longer, more lustful kiss. We brake away and continue with our good nights before falling asleep.

I woke up the next morning to find myself in an empty bed. Scarlett was no where to be found. She left a note that said:

Violent delights have violent ends.