Birthday Girl

My Lucky Star

I pulled away from Scarlett looking into her brown eyes getting mesmerized. She unlinks our hands and stands up abrubtly.
"Um. I have to go now." She says quickly heading towards the door. I grab her arm before she leaves.
"Aren't you supposed to babysit me? Stay for the night." She finally turns around to look at me.
"What will my parents say? I can't. I'm sorry Woohyun." Why did it feel like she was saying sorry about something else?
"I'm sure they'll be fine with it. My parents aren't gonna be home until next week. I'm gonna feel so lonely. Please?" I showed her some aegyo.

"Yah! Fine! Just do not ever do that again!" I did it again and she made face like she was disgusted then punched me in the shoulder. I laughed but proceeded to follow her into the kitchen.

"What are you making?" I was sitting with my chin resting on my hands looking at her.
"What do you want me to make?" She stops and looks at me this time waiting for an answer.
"Um. Miyuk gook!"
"Of all things why that?" She was running around the kitchen until she stops abruptly, slaps her forehead and turns to look at me. "Damn it! It's your birthday tomorrow isn't it?"
"Yah! Babo! It's YOUR birthday tomorrow!" She looks at me confused for a while. "Its March 25th, 2011 right now Scarlett. Come back to earth please!"
"Damn! Are you serous? Why would you want miyuk good then? Its not your birthday!"
"I want it because its your birthday." I stated trying to look smart. She take off her apron and walks up to me. She motions for me to stand up and I do. She puts the apron on me.
"If you want me to have miyuk gook because it's my birthday. Then you make it for the birthday girl." She shoved me towards the stove. I sigh and proceed to make the birthday girl her soup.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Scarlett. Happy birthday day to you!" I sang the birthday song to her and I set down her soup. She jumps in her seat as I do so and grabs the spoon I give her. Smiling she eats a spoonful of soup.
"Komawo! It's so good! You want some?"
"Only if you feed me." I give her that cheesy smile again but she doesn't punch me in the shoulder she just shoves the spoon with some soup into my mouth roughly. "Yah! Be nicer will you? Some birthday girl you are."
"Oppa, why are you so cheesy all the sudden?" She looks up at me with curious eyes.
"Why can't I be cheesy? You love it way too much huh?"
"No!" She protests but continues to eat her soup and feeding me from time to time still very roughly though.

I was flipping through the channels on television. Scarlett was sitting beside me trying to keep herself awake. I shook her awake and said "Yah! Go take a shower or something."
"But I don't have any clothes to change into."  She says still half asleep. I get up and run to my room to look for the smallest clothes I owned. I didn't have a sister, I only had a hyung who is going to college right now. So my clothes would have to do.
"Here change into this." She rubs her eyes to stay awake and gets up and heads to the bathroom. Minutes later she comes out with her hair damp and less sleepy. I guess she was very small cause even the smallest sweats and sweater I owned were very baggy on her. I laugh and say "you look like a gangster!"
"Yah! These are your clothes!" She sits next to me anyway and steals the control from me. "Your turn. Go shower."
"Your not my mother."
"I'm your babysitter."
"I'm not a baby!" I get up and she just stares at me. "Fine." I head towards the bathroom obediently. I come back out into the living room to find Scarlett asleep on the couch. I sigh and look at her for a bit, wondering how I've only noticed her beauty until tonight. Also as to why I had kissed her, was it really because she was the answer to my questions? I was having second thoughts about it but shook it away and carried Scarlett to my room. I set her down on my bed and put the covers over her. She turns to her side and mumbles something I'm not able to hear. I giggle to myself quietly and then I set out to sleep in the living room.

 

Authors Note
Omg lol I was spazzing while writing the last part of chapter 8 haha. I'm proud of that chapter. Woohyun finally realized that he likes her :] Yay for him! Thanks so much to my subscribers! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and anticipate the next! Have a good day :]