Hoya

My Lucky Star

Scarlett and I were having a pretty nice conversation in the car. We were laughing and having a great time. We were on our way to Scarlett's apartment when the street lights on the highway turned from red to green indicating I could go. Apparently someone else couldn't tell the difference and thought red meant go. They ran straight into us, hitting Scarlett first then attacking me. It all happened so fast  it went by like a blur. We were rushed to the emergency room. I remember seeing beautiful Scarlett unconscious all bloody and being carried into the ambulance. I was fighting to stay awake to get to Scarlet and see if she was alright. I had to go see if she was alright or not but I lost that fight and knocked out unconscious.

I woke up to bright lights and to see a familiar face.
"Woohyun. How are you?"
"What are you doing here, hyung?" I try and sit up but I get a painful headache.
"Why wouldn't I be here? Of course I would be here for my dongsaeng! I'm so glad you're okay." And that's when reality slapped me in the face cold and hard. Everything about the car crash rushed back into my head making me have a even more painful headache. The images of the red and blue lights flickering everywhere. The dark red liquid displayed everywhere. The pain I got the instant the car ran into us.
"Hyung, Scarlett i- is is she okay? Where's Scarlett?" 
"The girl you were with at the accident? She's in ICU right now. It's okay, she'll be okay."
"I need to know that she's okay! I need to see her!" I try to get up but hyung stops me.
"Shhh. Woohyun you need your rest. Please just rest for now and build up the energy to go and protect the girl that you love more than the stars love to shine." I turn to look at him.
"You saw that?"
"Woohyun, you may think mom and dad hate you right now but all three of us has been keeping track of what you've been doing. And we even saw you confess to Scarlett." I freeze unable to take in what he just said. "Mom and dad just don't want to show themselves right now because they still think your wrong for going for a music major. They still love you no matter what though."
"Why are you telling me this now? WHY NOW?! I don't love them! They blame Scarlett for me just wanting to have a ing happy life! They never wanted me to have a happy life. They only wanted to brag to other people that they have an intelligent son! They are not my parents and I will never forgive them!" I throw my pillow at my brother. "Get out! If your here to make me forgive mom and dad and sympathize for me. I DON'T ING NEED YOUR SYMPATHY!" He sighs and leaves the room. I just lay there not able to do anything. I felt like everything was going wrong. My anger raged even more the more I thought about it. I  calm myself down though and I eventually fell into a restless sleep.

I woke up again to find six heads all around me. Knowing instantly who they were I smile.
"Infinite!" I say in a sleepy voice.
"Hyung!!!" The two maknae's cry out and hug me but I wince in pain.
"Yah! Be careful!" Leader Sunggyu yells at them and they back away.
"How've you been buddy? I've missed you." Hoya says to me quietly. I smile at him.
"I've missed you too Howan." He chuckles and isn't at all slightly offended that I said his birth name.
"Do you guys mind?" Hoya looks at the rest of Infinite and they understand what he means and heads out the door. He just stands there with his hands in his pockets for a while. "Woohyun, where's your pillow?"
"I threw it at my hyung and then it disappeared." He laughs.
"That's good to know that your still the same Woohyun!" He comes over and ruffles my hair. He steals the pillow on the chair beside him and positions it under my head for me. "Woohyun, I've known you ever since we were kids and I've never seen you like this before. All bruised up and hopeless." I hold up a hand and stop him.
"Hold up. Hopeless? I haven't lost any hope yet, Hoya." He smiles.
"That's good that you haven't. I was hoping you'd keep up this fighting spirit that I loved most about you. I know you've been through a lot especially with your parents. I'm just glad that Scarlett has gotten you to be yourself again."
"Myself again?"
"Yeah. The Woohyun who at aegyo and Woohyun who is very dorky. Woohyun who never loses hope. The boy who even through the toughest times would try and look at the situation on the bright side. I've missed that Woohyun." He smiles at me and continues, "You changed a bit when you started to argue with your parents about a music career but since you've moved to Scarlett's high school. The real you seems to be back and I hope he stays for a long time."
"Thanks, Hoya. I really appreciate it. I think I will stay for a long time." I smile up at him. "Have you gone to see Scarlett yet?"
"Yeah we all have actually."
"How is she?"
"She hasn't woken up yet. She has some broken ribs and they said that the impact of the car is what made her knock out for so long." I nod slowly taking in what Hoya was telling me. Of course this was entirely my fault. If I had gone slower they wouldn't have hit us. "Woohyun, the doctor told us that you only need a few more days in the hospital then you can be discharged."
"What does manager hyung say about this?"
"He's very devastated he just couldn't come right now because he had to do something for Mr. Wollim." I laugh as I remember him telling me to tell the other boys of his friendly side.
"He said we can drop the formal talk. He's actually very laid back and friendly." Hoya raises and eyebrow.
"Really? Oh yeah! How was the dinner with him?"
"It was really good. I had a good time. Hyukshin hyung obviously did too." I smirk. "He seemed really interested in Scarlett."
"Hyukshin hyung? He even told you his real name?" I nod and he laughs.
The door cracks open and five heads lean in asking in unison "Can we come in?" Hoya and I laugh at them and Hoya motions them to come in.

The next few days went by like that, with Infinite visiting. My manager visited also same with Hyukshin hyung he had told me that the person who ran into us has to pay for all Scarlett and my medical bills and for a new car so that I don't have to worry. My brother visited me also. I apologized for letting out my anger at him and he forgave me. We never really discussed anymore about mom and dad. Infinite told me that Scarlett has woken up now but isn't allowed to get out of bed because of her ribs. The day I was about to be released of the hospital Hyukshin hyung came back.
"Woohyun, there has been many articles about you going around. I've set up a press conference for you to explain the situation. Not only about the car crash but the world also wants to know the truth about Scarlett. Some of your fans have been bashing on her while some have been supporting her, so I would like you to explain your relationship with Scarlett to the press."
"When is the press conference?"
"Today at 2pm I'm sorry I couldn't let you know any sooner this is just how its gonna go. Your manager and I will be there with you but unfortunately Infinite cannot be there."
"Why can't they? They're very important to me too."
"Yes, I know but I think it's best that they aren't present because all the attention right now is on you. We need to figure out your situation first." I nod in agreement and he nods also. "Good then I will have some coordi noona's sent here to help you get ready. Don't be nervous your manager and I have your back." He then walks out of my hospital room. It is 9 am in the morning right now I had a while until the press conference actually started. I quickly change into the clothes that Infinite brought me and I go on my search for Scarlett.

 

Author's Note:
Hi guys! :] This chapter goes into detail about Hoya and Woohyun's strong friendship that's why I decided to name this Chapter Hoya! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and please anticipate the future chapters! :]