Bad News =[

My Lucky Star

I ran to the door to welcome my parents back. I hug them and they greet me, later I go down and help my mom with dinner since she must be tired. I was helping my mom set the table when my mom asked me, "Woohyun, have you decided what your going for in college? You should make a decision soon."
"I've already decided, mom" I hesitantly say.
"Oh, well tell me! What are you going for?" She stops what she's doing and turns to look at me. I stay frozen not wanting to say it. That's when there was a knock on the door. I put the plates down and run for the door. I had called Scarlett earlier inviting her over for dinner. She greets me with a quick bow and comes inside. I lead her towards the kitchen.
"If you don't mind mom, I invited Scarlett over for dinner."
"Oh, that's perfectly fine! Hello, Scarlett! How have you been?"
"Hello. I've been good Mrs. Nam. How was the trip?" She takes the plates from me and helps set the table.
"The car ride was a pain but other than that, it was great! Woohyun, go call your dad for dinner. Has Woohyun been behaving while we were gone?"
"haha Surprisingly, yes he has been!" I scoff and leave them to talk and head towards my dad's office.
"Appa! It's time for dinner!" He looks up through his glasses then puts down his glasses and gets up.
"Ne. I'm coming." I head back to the kitchen to find the table set and my mom and Scarlett waiting. Scarlett sees my dad coming in and bows.
"Hello, Mr. Nam! I'm sorry to barge in your family dinner. Woohyun invited me over for dinner so I came."
"Anni! Your very welcomed to join us for dinner. Sit! Let's eat!" He sits down and the rest of us do too.

Scarlett and my mom were washing the dishes while my dad and I were in the living room talking.
"So, it seems you like Scarlett?" Taken aback by my dads statement I take a minute to respond.
"Well, I guess you could say so." I say stuttering in between. He nods knowingly.
"Have you decided what major your going for?"
"Yes, I've already decided and have all my classes. I just need to look for an apartment now."
"*sigh. You've really grown up. Your already going to college. So what's the major your going for?"
Again I hesitate before answering. "Dad, I know you and mom don't want me going with this path. But I feel that it's the right thing to go for."
"Nam Woohyun. You aren't talking about going for a music major are you?"
"Actually, yes I am." He stands up furiously.
"Yah! Nam Woohyun!" I flinch as my dad curses my name at me. "What do you think you're doing?" By now my mom has rushed into the living room. "We've gone through this before. I will allow you to do anything but that. That path gets you no where! How the hell are you going to make a living with a music major?!" I look down ashamed at myself for making my parents hate me all over again. Scarlett quietly walks towards me and touches my arm.
"Mr. Nam, I know I'm an outsider of the family but please just reconsider letting Woohyun go for a music major. He enjoys music so much. Shouldn't you guys let him do something he actually likes doing and is happy doing it?"
"We're only trying to look after him! To get a decent life you can't always do something just to satisfy yourself!" My mom finally speaks.
"That's true, but those people who have a decent life aren't always truly happy because they wake up each morning treading to get out of the house because they hate what they do as a living! As long as Woohyun is happy with his life, shouldn't you guys support him?" My dad ignores Scarlett and yells at me some more.
"Why can't you be like your hyung?! Get high grades, get into Seoul University and be a doctor or a lawyer?! Your mother and I are middle class only, don't you want better than us?!" This entire time Scarlett has been defending me when really I should be defending myself, standing up for myself. Finally I pick up my head and speak for myself.
"I feel so infinite with music. I love singing. I know you guys are just trying to look out for me but as long as I'm happy doing what I love then I don't care how much you guys disapprove of it." I turn to Scarlett and she gives me a small smile. I turn to look back at my parents. They were both trying to calm down only because a guest was here. My dad sighs and rubs his nose as if he was very stressed out. My mother just stands there.
"Go to your room. We'll talk about this when your mother and I have calmed down."
"I'm taking Scarlett home." I walk out the door, not even looking back to see if Scarlett was following. I put on my shoes and wait for Scarlett to do the same. Finally we leave my house and I start to walk towards her house. I put my hands into my front pockets and sigh.
"You did the right thing. I'm proud of you." She says simply. I don't say anything back. I just keep walking ahead. She's right though, it just feels right what I did. I stood up for myself for the first time. And it felt great, letting my parents know how I feel. They've always acted as if my feelings didn't matter and that the only thing that mattered was my success. Hyung actually enjoys being a doctor, so of course my parents have always favored him. I won't let myself be like my brother though, I don't want to go into someone's foot steps. I want to pave my own.

We finally reach Scarlett's house and I walk her up to her doorstep.
"Thank you." I finally speak. "It was because of you that I learned to speak up for myself." Scarlett doesn't say anything, instead she hugs me. Surprised at her actions, I freeze. I slowly put my arms around her also and close my eyes enjoying this embrace while it lasted. She pulls away and says "have a good night." She was about to walk inside her home when I stop her.
Flashing my signature cheesy smile I say, "no good night kiss?" I then pout and show some aegyo. She laughs and punches me in the arm. She quickly gets on her tippy toes and pecks my cheek quickly and runs inside. I stand there smiling like an idiot, until I sober up and start to head back.

I walk into my quiet home, expecting my parents to be very mad still. And my expectations were right.
"Nam Woohyun. No matter what, your not going for a music major." My mom tells me once I get into the kitchen.
"Your mother and I talked about it and we still do not like the idea of it."
"Well then you guys are gonna have to get used to it. Cause I'm not changing my mind."
"Yah!" My dad screams after me but I had already walked off. I head towards my room. I close the door and sit on my bed. I really hope I am doing the right thing. I grab a towel and head for the bathroom for a shower.

I come back out of the bathroom drying my hair when I get a text. I walk into my room and then look at it.

From: Sunggyu
To: Woohyun

Hey man. Wanna go bowling?

I don't answer him and throw my phone to my bed. I sit at my desk and look outside at the stars. I start to smile thinking about how Scarlett kissed my cheek. My phone starts to ring interrupting my thoughts. I walk up to my bed and pick up my phone. I look at the caller ID seeing that it was Sunggyu I answer.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Woohyun. Its Sunggyu."
"Hey. Whats up?"
"Well. I was planning on taking Scarlett bowling to cheer her up cause she just got some bad news. So you wanna go?"
"Bad new? What kinda bad news?"
"Well, I know you kinda have a thing for Scarlett so don't get mad alright?"