The Airport

Dream High, Fly High

IU looked at her phone and flexed her ash white knuckles.
“Girl’s Generation, 2pm, Super Junior, missA, F(x), and CN Blue- I guess DMCS has their own style.”

She looked at the phone and tapped her chin with her index finger.

Am I the only individual there? She shook her head, and stomped her feet with frustration. “What do I do? What do I do? What do I Do?”

“Hey, that’s IU!”

She turned around to see Girl’s Generation members and 2pm members wave to her.

“They’re all older than me,” She remembered. “So do I use the respectful language?”

“Hello,” She said politely, reminding herself to be polite, and use her manners. “Did you come together as a group?”

“Yes, we did. And what’s up with the polite language? We don’t look that old, do we?” Junsu asked, playfully poking on her forehead with his index finger.

IU felt her cheek go red as soon as she felt Junsu’s finger poking her on the head.

“Hey, why do you hit a girl? Don’t you even have manners?” Wooyoung demanded, nodding his head toward IU for an apology.

“Hey, did that hurt?” Junsu asked, turning his head towards IU.

“No.” IU answered, but she rubbed her forehead to make sure it wasn’t bruised.

“See? She said it didn’t hurt. So why don’t you learn your manners? Respect your elders.” Junsu said.

“Are you guys close friends?” IU asked, forgetting to use the respectful language that she had planned to use.

“We’re all close. Especially Yoona and Taecyeon,” Chansung said, as the others laughed.

“We’re all close,” Taecyeon admitted, and glanced at Wooyoung and Junsu.

“Does IU know that Wooyoung and Junsu both like her?” Taecyeon muttered to Junho, who was grinning mischievously.

“We’ll find out,” Junho whispered.

“IU, who do you like better? Wooyoung or Junsu?” Junho asked casually, and saw all the 2pm members wait eagerly for IU’s answer.

“I don’t know. I guess I am a bit more comfortable around Wooyoung, since we acted together in Dream High. Why do you ask?” IU asked.

Every one of the 2pm members but Wooyoung and Junsu started laughing IU’s timid answer.  

Why are they all laughing? Is this supposed to be a joke, or is it a test? IU looked at the others with bewilderment and confusion.

“They’re just naturally crazy,” Yuri explained as she wrinkled her eyebrows.

“Let’s go to the plane already. I heard that Super Junior and CN Blue already are on the plane,” Seohyun said wearily.

“Says Ms. Perfectionist. We have thirty minutes left; don’t go crazy yet.”Sunny said, checking her watch.

“Actually, we don’t. Your watch was broken long time ago. Get it straight! The plane’s leaving in ten minutes!” Sooyoung quickly rushed to the plane line as the others did the same.

“You’re so dependable, Sunny,” Junho commented with sarcasm.

“Yeah, it’s my fault that my watch broke, isn’t it?” Sunny said, with the exact amount of sarcasm.

“It sort of is, Sunny,” Yoona commented, trying to run fast with her two inch high heel.

IU stared watched the members rush by, and stared after them; feeling dazed.

IU was confused. Should I follow them, or do they want me to stay here? Why isn’t anyone telling me what to do? She wondered if they were going to come back for her.

Junsu was still running when he noticed that IU was missing, and turned around to see IU sitting on the bench, yards away. He sighed with frustration. “Why isn’t she moving?”

He hesitated for a second, and ran to IU who still hadn’t moved from the bench, and stopped to catch his breath. “Why…Aren’t…You…Moving?”Junsu panted.

IU looked up directly at his face.

 

Too bad his bangs cover up his eyes, IU thought as she studied Junsu’s face.  He should make them shorter, so everyone can see how his eyes look like. IU wondered why she never bothered to pay much attention to 2pm before.

 Probably because I don’t feel comfortable around 2pm as I feel comfortable around to 2am, she thought.

 

She’s not even answering! Junsu groaned with frustration. How’d you end up falling for this one? He questioned himself.

Because she’s pretty, the voice in his head answered. She’s beautiful, and she’s talented. He stared at her dark hair, gently brushing in to her eyes, and tried to stay into reality. Why did he come here again?

He then remembered the real reason why he had come: the plane. It was leaving in five minutes.

Junsu quickly grabbed on to IU’s hand, and ran as fast as he could to reach the plane lane.

IU stared at him in surprise. “Where are we going?” She asked him, and he looked down at her, tired.

“To the airplane. Did you forget why you came to the airport?” Junsu asked, ignoring the sharp pain he felt tugging from his leg.

“No. Are we supposed to ride on the same plane?” IU asked, stumbling over her steps.

“We are if we’re reaching the same destination. Aren’t you going to DMCS, too?” Junsu asked, grinning.

IU felt her face freeze.

What am I supposed to say? Am I supposed to laugh, or am I supposed to answer his question? IU pondered, and she decided to stay quiet.

At last they reached the plane line, and let go of each other’s hands before news reporters could write a script about it.

“Hey, where were you guys?” Wooyoung asked, staring at IU’s blank face.

Yes, Wooyoung noticed; that does seem very accusing, but how could I pretend not to care? Junsu was with IU. How is it even possible not to care? Wooyoung stared at Junsu suspiciously, but Junsu only gave a small shrug.

It’s not my fault that I noticed that she needed help, Junsu thought, ignoring Wooyoung’s suspicious glare.

None of them talked as the flight attendance stamped their passports, from all the excitement that had happened in the airport. They were all exhausted, and too tired to talk, but Yoona still had the strength to talk to Taecyeon.

“Where are you going to sit?”Yoona asked Taecyeon, hoping their seats would be close; or even better, next to each other.

“My seat’s at F4,” Taecyeon replied, flexing his stiff shoulders. He smiled politely at Yoona. “Where’s your seat?”

Yoona’s heart thumped as Taecyeon smiled, but a pang of disappointment washed over her as he told her his seat number.

“My seat’s B2,” She answered, hoping she would not sound too cross. “I’ll see you when we get off.” She gave him her sweetest smile so he would know that she liked him as much as he liked her.

 

“Dude, she’s like, in love with you.” Junho laughed as Yoona was out of sight. “Lucky you; you don’t even have to impress girls that you like.”

“Whatever.” Taecyeon said, punching Junho playfully on the arm.

He gave an exasperated sigh as soon as Junho went to find his seat. He didn’t know how to tell everyone that he only thought Yoona as a friend.

 He suspected that Yoona had always liked him just more than a friend, and he didn’t want to tell her that he didn’t feel the same way about her, because he liked Yoona… Just not as much as Yoona thought he did. And there was this contract stuff. Doesn't she know that it's like, illegal to date anybody?

He ran his fingers through his hair before he shifted his luggage up the luggage holders. He tried to think about all the positive things in his life before sitting down in his seat; right next to a passenger who had her eyes covered with a sleeping mask. He thought the passenger somehow looked familiar. Dark, perm hair…Pure, milky skin…

Was this Taeyeon or IU? He stared at the sleeping passenger in disbelief. He would recognize Taeyeon or IU anywhere.

He stifled a yawn, and felt his eyelids droop as the flight attendance started to talk about the flight duration.

“I’ll figure out right after I rest my eyes,” he promised, and rested comfortably on to the airplane armchair.  

 

Taecyeon woke up several hours later, with his right shoulder heavy, and aching. He then realized that a human head was pressing his shoulders down. He flexed his shoulders, and looked down at the passenger who had removed her sleeping mask.

Hey…, Taecyeon thought, smirking. That’s Suzy, who played some roles with me for the drama, Dream High. He remembered that missA was also selected to study at DMCS. 

“This is going to be some crazy competition,” Taecyeon remarked under his breath, silently counting all the Kpop groups that has been selected to study at DMCS.

 

“We’re so lucky that we got to sit next to each other,” Tiffany commented, as Jessica, Seohyun, Sooyoung, and Sunny nodded in unison.

“I hope we get to spend more time with each other,” Sunny added, picking on her bread.

“Remember what Taeyeon said? We’re going to have groups. We’re going off differently,” Jessica acknowledged, and applied some lip gloss on to her lips.

“She also said that we might have one or two members in our team.” Seohyun included.

“Do you want your bread?” Sooyoung asked, reaching for Tiffany’s breadstick.

Tiffany ignored Sooyoung’s pleading eyes, and looked at Yoona, who was apparently depressed about something. “Is something wrong, Yoona?” Tiffany asked sweetly.

“No,” Yoona snapped, which Tiffany returned with a startled look. Yoona groaned to herself. Tiffany didn’t do anything wrong; she shouldn’t let her temper out to someone as caring as Tiffany. Yoona smiled weakly. “I’m sorry, I’m just tired; I’m really fine.”

“You could always ask me for help when you feel sick, or something.” Tiffany said helpfully.

“Thank you,” Yoona said half heartedly.

Yoona sighed with resignation. She had tried to find her way to the restroom earlier, when she saw a beautiful head on Taecyeon’s shoulders. She was so shocked that she had even forgotten to use the restroom.

They could’ve not known because they were sleeping, Yoona thought reasonably… But I still didn’t like what I saw, she confirmed.

“Lim Yoona…Why are you always the jealous one?” she questioned herself wearily.

 

 

Taeyeon was seated between Leeteuk and IU during her flight. IU and Leeteuk were both great companions, but she wished that she wouldn’t feel so sick right now. It was supposed to be a time for her to relax, but she was too busy rushing to the restroom whenever her stomach felt funny.

She didn’t know what to say to IU or Leeteuk, so she decided to apologize. “I’m sorry for not being so much fun,” Taeyeon apologized, grinning slightly.

“It’s alright,” IU and Leeteuk said in unison.

Taeyeon smiled gratefully in return, but rushed to the restroom as a sick feeling rose to her stomach again.

Leeteuk shook his head with laughter. This was one of the reasons why he liked Taeyeon so much. I’ll confess to her whenever I’m alone with her, Leeteuk promised. He could imagine her eyes light up in surprise, and her smile widening as she open her arms up for a hug. She probably knows I like her, anyways, he told himself, shrugging his shoulders.

 

IU was seated between Taeyeon and Junsu. Although Taeyeon was sick half the time, IU liked nursing her, and Junsu kept her entertained whenever she was bored.

She began to have a strange feeling developing towards Junsu. She wondered if it was natural to feel this way. It was almost impossible to explain- difficult, in some ways, extraordinary, in the other. It was almost too precious to even talk about. But she liked this feeling, it made her truly understand all the songs she had created so far, and this feeling made her want to create new songs.

“How can I explain this kind of feeling to anyone?” She mumbled to herself.

 

Suzy woke up later, on Taecyeon’s shoulders. Her big, brown eyes narrowed upwards to Taecyeon’s eyes, and she brushed her curly hair away from his shoulders, to her back.

She patted Taecyeon’s shoulder to make sure it didn’t limp, and sighed wearily. “You should’ve wakened me up if I was sleeping on your shoulders,” She said, not showing a hint of apology or thankfulness in her voice.

Taecyeon stared at the faired skinned Suzy in disbelief. Was she blind?

Taecyeon grinned slightly. “Do you recognize me?” He asked.

“No,” Suzy answered without a hesitation.

“Dream High. Ok Taecyeon…”He stopped talking as Suzy’s eyes widen a little from her memory.

“I remember now.” Suzy answered, not showing the tiniest bit of enthusiasm.

Taecyeon looked at his watch, and flexed his shoulders again. “The plane’s going to land in a minute. Do you want me to help you carry your luggage when we land?”

“It’s alright. I’m not going to die by carrying one luggage.” Suzy replied, and hesitated before she decided to say this…“But thank you anyways.”

Taecyeon raised his eyebrow, and Suzy pursed her lips together. “Don’t expect me to say it too often.”

Taecyeon gave a warm smile. “My expectations are always high,” he remarked, but gave a wave at Suzy before he made his way to the exit.

“As if that’s something to brag about,” Suzy muttered, but a small grin appeared on her lips at the thought of Taecyeon’s warm smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey, Guys!

I'm Sorry That My Stories Are Short, And All. I Will Make Sure To Keep Updating, So Don't Worry, I Won't Give Up On This Fanfiction...

Thanks To The Readers; It Supports Me A Lot!

I May Have Grammatical Errors, And I'm Sorry, Once Again.

English Isn't My Best Subject.

Thank You Once Again!

Bai Bai~