The DMCS Letter

Dream High, Fly High

 

“Mr. Kang, the Japanese Stars are having lower populations than Kpop did in the year 2011.”

“Are you suggesting having Korean Stars in DMCS again? Don’t you know how much this will hurt our pride, Ms. Chun?”

“This will hurt our pride, how could it not? But this is getting ridiculous, Mr. Kang. The DMCS itself stands for Korea’s Most Talented Star, and we let Japanese Stars take over our high class. Doesn’t this make our high class low quality?”

“I agree, with Ms. Chun, Mr. Kang. This only insults DMCS. Sooner or later, it won’t be even considered a high class anymore. I suggest we send all these invitations to all the Kpop groups again.”

“How do you prove that the Korean Stars grew populations? You know perfectly well what happened last time we had Korean Stars in DMCS. The populations of DMCS went down. The entire Kpop group failed us, after having years of training in their entertainment class, as well as the trainings they’ve received from the DMCS high class. We just managed to raise our population because of the Japanese Stars, but do you think it’s worth starting over again, Ms. Chun? Director Choe?”

“I think it’s for the best, Mr. Kang,”

“I believe in you Director Chung, but I would like to have the rest of the secretaries, staffs, Co. workers, and the other members of the DMCS make the decisions as well.”

“When would you like the results?”

“I would like them as soon as possible.”

 

 

“Did you guys hear the rumor about DMCS inviting Kpop Stars in to their high class?”Girl’s Generation Tiffany asked.

“Anyone couldn’t be that clueless,” Hyoyeon laughed as she waved her hands around. “Our manager talked about DMCS all the time during our pre debut.”

“Is it really that important?” Sooyoung asked, flexing her fingers. “Aren’t all the high classes the same? Why is everyone so crazy about DMCS?”

“People say it’s legendary,” Yuri answered, smiling broadly. “What would our manager say when we actually make it pass audition?”

“DAEBAK.” Hyoyeon yelled, which made the rest of the girls laugh.

Taeyeon smiled, and opened all the mails that were piled up on the studio table. Her smile froze as she held a particular envelope from the DMCS, addressed to the Girl’s Generation.

“Guys. This wasn’t just a rumor.” Taeyeon’s hollow voice echoed through the girl’s studio.

“No. We got the letter to try out for DMCS,” Jessica said with sarcasm.

“We actually kind of did,” Yoona said, peering down at the envelope in Taeyeon’s hands.

“DAEBAK. Let me see that.” Hyoyeon quickly snatched the envelope out of Taeyeon’s hands, and pretty soon, all the members from Girl’s Generation crowded over a single letter.

“We are going to audition, right?” Yoona asked.

“If we don’t, our manager will,” Taeyeon said, laughing.

“Let’s go call him right now,” Sunny commented, opening up her phone to see the time. “He’ll be so happy, that he might actually throw us a party or something.”

“No, he’ll throw the party for the DMCS,” Yuri laughed, jumping up at down. “He’ll probably just let us serve the guests.”

“I guess you’re right,” Sunny said, grinning. “But let’s call him, anyways.”

 

 

“No way.” 2pm Nikkhun commented, holding up the same envelope as the ones Girl’s Generation received.

“DMCS?” Junsu wrinkled his nose. “What’s that?”

“How could you not know?” Chansung asked, shoving his way through to reach the envelope.

“The world’s greatest high class academy is inviting the 2pms to audition for it!” Chansung shouted.

“It’s seems like somebody put a prank on us, dudes.” Junho replied, throwing the envelope on the ground, which made Chansung scramble on the ground for it. “Sure, we’re awesome, and all, but nothing like this ever happens to us.”

“So you go throwing an innocent envelope on the ground. You must be filled with hatred, man.” Chansung said, cradling the envelope in his arms.

“It’s not a prank, guys.” Taecyeon said, smirking as he furiously texted some person back on his phone.

“And how would you know? God came in and told you?” Wooyoung taunted, flexing his shoulders.

“No, but all the Kpop stars texted me, asking if 2pms got the envelope from DMCS.” Taecyeon replied, checking his phone.

“Seriously?” Wooyoung asked, peering at Taecyeon’s phone.

“Our manager would want us to audition, right guys?” Junsu asked.

“He would force us to,” Junho scoffed.

“Why don’t we audition?” Nikkhun asked. “I think DMCS might be fun.”

“If you would call working our butts off fun,” Junsu muttered.

“I think it might actually be a great opportunity for us, so why don’t we go for it? We might actually top Girl’s Generation if we graduate from DMCS.” Nikkhun commented.

“Speaking of Girl’s Generation…Did Yoona send you a text message?” Junho asked, leaning towards Taecyeon.

“She probably did, we a bunch of hearts and a I love you,” Wooyoung replied back.

“We’ll tell her that you’ll be a great husband for her someday.” Junsu whistled.

“We’re just friends.” Taecyeon said, rolling his eyes.

“It’s always the same thing, isn’t it?” Wooyoung sighed.

 

 

“It’s been two days since we auditioned, and we still didn’t receive the letter from DMCS.” Girl’s Generation Jessica said casually.

Jessica hoped the DMCS would hurry up and send them the letter. She had bragged to Krystal about their group, and if the DMCS didn’t pick their group, their group would become nothing but a joke.

Yoona secretly wished that the 2pm and Girl’s Generation members would get picked together. If the whole group couldn’t make it, she at least wished for Taecyeon and her to make it. She couldn’t even imagine dreaming about her and Taecyeon apart for five years.

She knew that everyone didn’t see Taecyeon and her as a couple, but she had liked Taecyeon ever since she went on the television program, Family Outing2 with him.

 Yoona happily knew that Taecyeon liked her back too, and she crossed her fingers tightly together.

Why else would he smile at her every time she’s performing on stage? And why else would he stop by to have small conversations with the Girl’s Generation members?

Yes, he likes the other members from Girl’s Generation, too, Yoona thought, but added happily, “But just as not as much as he likes me.”

A squeal of laughter echoed down the studio as soon as she stopped thinking about Taecyeon. “What’s wrong?” Yoona asked, unsure of what to do around all this commotion.

“Wrong?!”Sooyoung shouted happily, “If you call having a letter from DMCS, wrong, then, EVERYTHING’S wrong!”

“We got chosen?”Yoona squealed, jumping up and down with the other members.

Then one thing came up in her mind: Taecyeon.

Yoona sighed unhappily.

If he doesn’t make it, what do I do? Tell him to wait for me until I come back?  It’ll at least be 5 years until I come back. Why must everything turn out so complicatedly?

“Look what you did, Ok Taecyeon; ruining what it should be the best moment of my life,” Yoona muttered under her breath. “Are you even worth this much trouble?”

She scanned through the all the Kpop groups on the letter, just in case; and smiled broadly at the one she had been looking for: 2pm.

Yoona suddenly felt her mood brighten for the rest of the day. “We should start packing. Don’t we have to leave, like, tomorrow?” She waltzed all the way to her room, ignoring the weird expressions pasted on the member’s face.

 

 

“We don’t need a lot of clothes,” Sunny explained during the packing time. “We’re going to wear uniforms most of the time, anyways.”

“But there’s going to be dances, and performances,” Jessica argued, for she loved wearing clothes.

“We could always go shopping for dresses,” Tiffany reasoned, and added, “They provide us all the outfits for our performances, too.”

“Fine.” Jessica scoffed, but threw in two of her favorite jeans into the luggage, anyways.

“If we won’t be living in school, where do we live?” Seohyun asked curiously.

“The DCMS rent out a condo for us,” Taeyeon answered, reading the brochure carefully. “Unfortunately, we will break off in groups, so not all the Girls Generation members will be pared up together. You will most likely see at least have one or two members in your group, though.”

“Does that mean we have to share a condo with boys?” Yoona asked, wondering how uncomfortable it is to share an apartment with Taecyeon…If, we even make it to the same team, she thought sadly. The chances with her and Taecyeon together seemed more unlikely by every minute.

“Well, I suppose. But don’t worry too much, because the condo is two stories. The girls take upstairs while the boys stay upstairs. Besides, there will be a Director in the condo with us, so just think of this as a field trip, or something.” Taeyeon said, glancing at Yoona’s worried expression.

“I know, but…” Yoona’s voice trailed off as she looked in through her closet to find her best clothes.

Why didn’t anyone tell me anything about this earlier? Yoona thought angrily, as she pulled out her best blouse from the closet.

I could’ve ended up in the same cabin as Taecyeon and ended up looking like Godzilla, Yoona thought furiously.

“Seems like Yoona has someone to impress,” Hyoyeon realized, looking up at all the clothes Yoona piled up on the luggage. “She’s taking all her best clothes with her.”

“Is it Taecyeon? Awwww...Too Bad You Signed The Contract About Not Dating Anything...” Yuri teased, twisting a lock of her hair.

"Duh! Yoona would have dated Taecyeon long time ago, if it wasn't for that contract." Hyoyeon commented, as Tiffany and Seohyun stifled their giggles.

"Hey, Yoong?" Taeyeon drawled. "I Heard That You Guys Are Allowed To Date In DMCS, Contract Or Not..."

"Hah!" Sooyoung laughed. "Yoona's smiling so hard, her face is about to rip off!"

“Stop teasing us!” Yoona said, as she punched Sooyoung on the arm playfully.

“She said us,” Jessica noticed, and all the members burst out laughing.

All right, Yoona thought, smiling wryly. I like it when they start teasing me about Taecyeon. But that doesn’t mean I can’t pretend we want to keep it all secretive like we’re Romeo and Juliet.

Let’s pack already!” Yoona whined, but she kept smiling under her breath for the rest of the time.