A New Name For The Group, And A Lovely Dinner

Dream High, Fly High

Suzy got up immediately, and was the first to go inside the building of DMCS. IU had a hard time trying the catch up with Suzy, who was laughing and running at the same time.

“Why do you run so fast? They’re not going to lock us out, or anything…” IU coughed, running out of breath.

“I know. But I’ve been waiting for this day to come ever since the day I’ve decided to pre debut,” Suzy replied, moving her feet swiftly. “And I feel like I’m going to explode if I don’t get there already.”

Suzy grasped on to the metal doorknob, and forced the door open. “I think we’re the first ones here,” She remarked, and traced the wall with the tip of her fingers.

“I feel like we did something illegal,” IU commented, playing with her hair. “We’re not with the director or the rest of the members of the group.”

“That’s why I wanted to tell everyone to stick with a partner.”

IU turned around to see Director Choe and the rest of the group standing close to the entrance. She lowered her head. “I’m- we’re sorry,” She muttered, and jabbed at Suzy, who was still busy tracing the wall.

Suzy turned around. “Why are you guys staring at us?” She questioned, narrowing her eyes up at the ceiling. “Is there something wrong?”

“No, there’s nothing wrong,” Junsu answered. “Just felt like staring.”

Yoona wished HyunA would come by today. She felt isolated; living in big room by herself. “Director Choe, when will HyunA come?”

“She’ll be here by today, at least.” Director Choe assured her.

“Thank you,” Yoona said politely.

“Okay. We have to get to Room 7; that’s our main classroom. Just think of it as a homeroom.” Director Choe said.

 

“Our homeroom is pretty big,” Wooyoung muttered, as he examined the room. The room had a studio, two boards, a television, some desks, and all the instruments that Wooyoung remembered.

“A homeroom with style,” Donghae agreed. He noticed that Yoona was shifting her feet.

“Are you nervous?”He asked her.

“No,” She answered, smiling weakly.

“I feel like I want to…move,” She explained.

Donghae stared at her blankly, but she ignored his look, and tried to focus on what Director Choe was saying.

“Everybody, take a seat,” Director Choe instructed. “Or, take the seat.”

There was only one seat; a gigantic sofa, shaped into a circle.

It was a chaotic movement; everybody crushing their bodies to sit in the sofa at once, but at the end, they managed to sit.

This was the order from right to left: Taecyeon, Yoona, Donghae, Leeteuk, Taeyeon, Suzy, IU, Junsu, and Wooyoung.

“This is going to be a competition, as you can see,” Director Choe explained. “Between us and the other 3 groups.”

Suzy gave the tiniest smile. She loved competitions.

“If our group wins, you guys are getting an upgrade. This betters your popularity of yourself.” Director Choe informed. “The winning group of the showcase is going to be nationals.”

There was a silence in the room, eager for Director Choe to go on.

“You’ll be known as Korea’s proudest stars.”

Yoona’s hands itched with anticipation. She could feel the golden trophy in her hands.

“You’ll also get the chance to have a role on acting or singing once in a while, because many directors roam around in DMCS high class, looking for stars that are willing to accept the role.” Director Choe finished.

Donghae cracked his knuckles. “Let’s do this!”

“You also have to form a group name.” Director Choe said.

“We have to make a name for our group?” Leeteuk asked, wrinkling his eyebrows.

“It probably sounds childish, but we can’t remain Group C forever,” Director Choe explained.

“Let’s do ‘Pink Stars’.”

Everyone’s attention turned to HyunA, who was standing near the entrance. “It’s sad; I’ve been standing here nearly ten minutes and none of you noticed that I came.”

“It’s HyunA.” Wooyoung announced, as if they didn’t know.

Yoona greeted HyunA warmly. She didn’t feel isolated anymore. HyunA sat between Taecyeon and Wooyoung. “Hi…What did I miss?”

“A lot of free time,” Leeteuk answered. “You’ll have to start working your of for the competition.”

“Good to know.” HyunA replied.

“How come the other 4minute members didn’t come?” IU asked curiously. From what she remembered, HyunA wasn’t a solo singer.

“I don’t know. They only invited me, although I-“

Junsu suddenly remembered…”Let’s not.” He interrupted HyunA.

HyunA wrinkled her nose. “Let’s not…?”

“Name our group ‘Pink Stars’.”

Taecyeon and Wooyoung started laughing at HyunA’s bewildered face. 

“It’s not funny! I don’t even like the color pink…” Junsu muttered.

Yoona and Taeyeon laughed at his comment. “Why? I think that pink’s going to suite you very well,” Taeyeon commented.

“I disagree.” Junsu snapped. “Let’s name our group ‘The Tech’ Nitions’, or ‘The Dusk’s Air’ or something,”

“They sound scary; I don’t like it,” Yoona snapped. “I was suggesting on something like ‘Music’s Warriors’ or ‘The Legendaries’.”

“I like Yoona’s idea,” Donghae peeped. He wanted to support Yoona the best he could.

“See? The name’s sick.” Yoona said proudly.

“Or because Donghae likes Yoona,” Junsu muttered to Wooyoung, which made Wooyoung snicker.

“Anybody disagrees?” Director Choe asked.

Junsu waved his hand. “I personally don’t like the ‘warrior’ stuff in her idea.”

Yoona made a pout. “You can keep your personal thoughts to yourself,” She commented.

“I second Junsu’s thought,” Suzy said. Her expression was steady and calm. “I don’t like the way it puts music and warrior together. I also don’t see how ‘legacies’ have to do anything with DMCS.”

Junsu raised up both of his hands. “Thank you; Somebody who understands me!”

 “Do you have a better idea?” Yoona asked sharply.

“Obviously,” Suzy replied. Yoona didn’t like her, and it seemed obvious. But that didn’t want to stop her from sharing her opinion to Yoona. “I think the group name would be okay in ‘Fly High.”

“Fly High…” IU repeated. It seemed similar to…Dream High! Of course! What did the JYP manger say?

A star has to dream high. If they don’t have the dream, they can’t fly high. If they don’t fly high, they can’t be a star. Try to fly high, you guys. I have faith in you. (Yes, Jelly doughnut is my favorite type of doughnut. No, no, no. It used to be chocolate sprinkle doughnut, right now, I ‘m addicted to Jelly doughnuts. Yes, glazed is fine.)

He had taught the whole cast to memorize the line; the line about flying high… not the Jelly doughnut conversation.

IU glanced at Suzy. Suzy was smiling broadly. “Remember? A star has to dream high. If they don’t have the dream-”

Wooyoung wrinkled his nose in disgust. “Are you talking about the speech JYP shared right before the Jelly Doughnut conversation?”

“At least you remember,” Suzy commented.

Taecyeon’s eyes brightened. He remembered. “If they don’t have the dream, they can’t fly high. If they don’t fly high, they can’t be a star. Try to fly high, you guys. I have faith in you.” He finished. “How could anybody forget that?”

“JYP actually said all that mushy stuff?” Junsu asked, trying hard not to laugh.

“I think it’s nice of him to,” HyunA commented.

“He just probably tried to look good on T.V,” Junsu remarked.

 

Yoona wanted to disagree with Suzy, but she was obviously outnumbered. Fly High…Why couldn’t she think of it before?

“Fly High. Wow, you’re a genius.” Junsu remarked.

“I know.” Suzy replied proudly, grinning warmly, and being herself for the first time.

“Okay, we have to go back to the condo,” Director Choe announced.

HyunA groaned with frustration. She just came back from the condo, and she had no intention to take another hour drive back to the condo. But it was already 7:00.

“Fine. But you have to take us out.” HyunA said, smiling.

“Yeah! Take us out!” Donghae and Junsu joined.

“Take us out!” Taeyeon and Yoona chanted.

“Alright, alright. I’ll take you out. If you promise to do well tomorrow.” Director Choe said.

“We always do well,” Yoona promised.

“Then what are you waiting for? Let’s go to the van!” Leeteuk exclaimed, jogging out of the building.

 

 

IU closed her eyes. She never felt this full before. Everyone ate as much as they wanted in a seafood restaurant, and she felt really bad for Director Choe, who had to pay the bills. She wished the ride to the condo would take forever. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to walk anymore.

Taecyeon ate the most. He ate a bowl of clam soup after another, and at the end, he ended up eating 28 bowls.

“That’s Taecyeon’s usual diet,” Junsu laughed.

“Always eats the amount of 15 people,” Wooyoung commented.

Donghae paled. He had no idea how Taecyeon could eat that much food. He didn’t want to try, no matter how much he liked Yoona.

Taeyeon felt sick. She ate more than she had intended to. She had to use the restroom two times before she settled in the van.

“I told you; you were going to be sick if you ate too much,” Director Choe said.

“Everyone but Taecyeon,” Leeteuk muttered.

“You jealous?” Taecyeon laughed.

“Why would I be?” Leeteuk asked with a small voice. “Okay, a little.” He admitted.

“We’re back at the condo.” Director Choe announced.

 

IU felt her stomach heavier, and tried not to walk too fast. She wanted to lie down on her bed, the first thing she gets to the condo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey, Readers!

I Hope You Enjoyed This Story, I Made This One A Bit Long, Too....

How Do You Feel About The Shippings?

Do You Like The Story, Or Is It Getting Boring?

I Would Love To Have Opinions And Suggestions.

If You Don't Like Any Part Of The Story, Please Feel Free To Tell Me!

With Much Love,

                   MissBeautiful <3