Chapter 6

When in South Korea

 


Warning :

May be horribly written.
Lengthy or very short paragraphs..
poorly described thoughts..
less on dialogue..
can turn out to be angsty / dark when it's not meant to be like that
.

Enjoy if you can digest this.


God x Bless


 

“M-Me?” There was this anxious tone behind Donghae’s voice; truly evident that Eunhyuk sharply exhaled— laughed through his nose. On the other hand, Donghae stood motionless, just a meter away from the man who he believed that was the one, and he admits that what his thoughts were off or to put it simply, what Hyukjae was to him sounded so banal from another one but, it was the truth. What can he possibly do?

 

“Yes.” Eunhyuk’s shoulders shook and looked away, trying to hide away the little smile tugging up his plump lips. “Is there anyone else here?” said Eunhyuk, this time there was a bright smile on his face and Donghae could not help the flashes of heat burning both of his cheekbones and the top of his ears. It was a normal reaction, he was worked up by Eunhyuk’s stare that he was biting the inside of his lower lip.

 

“Y-Yes, there is … i-in fact there are—if we’re going to take it literally.” Donghae wanted to slap himself for replying in such a sarcastic manner. He was fretting what would Eunhyuk think about him after what he said; will Eunhyuk be turned off… or something worse. But Donghae decided to just stand by his word and not drape his hands on his recently snow dappled face, and slowly pointed his shaking finger behind him.

 

He stared at Donghae’s finger and took a while before he realized that he was pointing out the people behind him. “Oh.” Donghae’s attention went straight to Eunhyuk’s lips; watching how his lips slowly parted and a small mass of snow white puff became the aftermath of his reaction. Eunhyuk looked so beautiful for him, though at this moment he somehow looked adorable, especially when a pout was draped over his face.

 

"I see." After that, Donghae firmly pursed his lips, hoping that Eunhyuk would not notice how much his cheeks were burning and how his fingers can almost be compared to a fish in the freezer. He was shivering and he just wanted to hide it himself, which Donghae knew, was a bad idea. Of course, Eunhyuk was not that dense, he was observant if we'll compare him to Sungmin; he has this psychic powers that he seldomly use, though even without that, he's used to knowing what people felt or think based on instinct, like in those Criminal Minds shows.

 

Donghae was taken aback by surprise, Eunhyuk held his hand, enough to keep him warm. He knew it was bad to mentally judge but he's giving Eunhyuk this 'I'm judging you' look that surely the latter felt, boring into his temples. But, he held his composure steadily, even if he himself was quite nervous on what move he's making towards Donghae. Confidence, that was all he need, and surely he will need.

 

"Let's go?" Eunhyuk smiled just to make Donghae's heart would melt, or at least that was his intention.

 

But yeah, his 'the moves' worked. Donghae nodded and let himself be tugged away.

 

Staring at Eunhyuk's back the whole time, while holding the flowers he gave him, made Donghae's heart flutter up in the skies. For a long time, he waited for a moment that they would be in close contact-- just like this. But he never expected the added flowers, since Eunhyuk showed signs of allergy the last attempt he tried to gave him a bouquet. Even so, Donghae was happy that Eunhyuk made a move, though it seemed like he's a coward.

 

"Don't worry, I've taken my allergy pills." Eunhyuk assured him.

 

Donghae was sure shocked. Eunhyuk just read his thoughts. It was evident that he was quite shaken by that statement of Eunhyuk's that his grip on Eunhyuk tightened. On the other hand, Eunhyuk slightly snickered because back in Rome, he was sure that he read Donghae's future so he thought that Donghae knew-- or the brunette just forgot.

 

"O-Oh." Donghae lowered his head. "I see."

 

"Sorry 'bout the last time." Donghae apologized.

 

"It's okay. There's no need to be down." Eunhyuk smiled even though he knows that Donghae wasn't even looking at him, even just a little glance. At least, he hoped the tone in his voice would reassure Donghae.

 

Donghae never felt this relieved.

 


 

Warm air. Smell of gingerbreads and freshly baked white chocolate cookies. 

Dimmed lights and Christmas decorations.

And the place was sparkling blue.

 

"Wow." Donghae half snickered, half smiled. 

 

Eunhyuk blushed and just replied with a nod, then slipped of his coat and hung it on a rack. He repeated the same action towards Donghae, which made the latter shiver a bit and replied,"O-Oh.. thank you," Donghae swore his heart nearly exploded from his rib cage when Eunhyuk's hands barely touched his shoulders.

 

What more if Eunhyuk touched him...

 

"Come here," waved Eunhyuk so Donghae would step forward to their seat. Donghae's breathing hitched.

 

Cliche, maybe. For a girly date, yes. But for Donghae, and as a man, who loved another man, he appreciated Eunhyuk's effort for the dinner set up. Simple yet elegant. Splashed with blue but easy to look at. Donghae knew his soul maybe fluttering elsewhere at this moment, especially when Eunhyuk gestured him to move towards their dinner table.

 

Pink patches smarted Donghae's cheeks when Eunhyuk pulled his chair for him- acting like a real gentleman, for in fact he was. He sat down, so did Eunhyuk. Scented candles wafted the air with small hints of cinnamon, ginger and Eunhyuk's actual essence. With that of a realization, Donghae wished he could evaporate into thin air so the embarrassment hiding behind the heat of his ears would hopefully disappear.

 

"So umm..."

 

It was so awkward, both of them admit. Eunhyuk just croaked and Donghae could not able to speak even with his mouth open halfway.

 

"How's Joanne?" This was Eunhyuk's immediate question. Since there was no easy topic for them than that, might as well start a conversation with something they have in common, which is, the reason they've met--Joanne. Oh, the actual controversy behind their meeting, Donghae whisked those thoughts away and cleared his throat. His feet sat uncomfortably on the flooring, not because of the frigid weather. It was more than that.

 

"Good. Better... Probably the last time you've seen her."

 

Oh jeez. Stupid. Stupid Donghae. You're making him sound like a bad man.

 

"Really? Well then, that's good. Very, very glad to hear that," The mug of hot chocolate slightly shook on his fingers when he settled it down. He didn't know that it would be such a pain trying to reply and he knew that his composure in him was getting low. To ease up a bit, he tore away his gaze from Donghae as he pushed the other mug towards the brunette. "Here. Drink as well."

 

"O-Oh... Yeah... Thanks," Donghae stared down at the mug for a bit, not knowing if he should pick it up or not. Would it be a showcase of bad table manners if he drank that delicious cocoa down his throat as he talked? Donghae strode down in his own oblivion while sinking deeper in his thoughts.

 

Just when Donghae thought about getting the situation to be worse, in fact, their conversation carried on to be smooth as if they've been buddies for a long time. There wasn't any subtle hesitation- they laughed out of impulse, they smiled at each other... The most important part of it that Donghae also initiate questions to Eunhyuk. The air was light, in the most unexpected sense.

 

Donghae felt like he was floating and the words would just slip simply by his lips until...

 

"Why the flowers, if I may ask? You could've just talked to me right away..."

 

Eunhyuk clicked his tongue and both lost the enthusiasm in their eyes. He pressed his lips together to a thin line.

 

"D-Donghae... it's just...."