Chapter 2

When in South Korea

 

 


Warning : 

May be horribly written.
Lengthy or very short paragraphs..
poorly described thoughts..
less on dialogue..
can turn out to be angsty / dark when it's not meant to be like that
.

Enjoy if you can digest this.


Stop x Freeze x Go On

"I long for the day that I'd stop thinking about you."


 

Click.

 

That skin

 

Click.

 

Those eyes

 

Click.

 

That intriguing smile.

 

Donghae perfectly captured them all, processed then stored everything in his head like a memory card. He stood agape, letting his toes curl in his leather shoes, his nails buried on the padding. Shuddering an exhale, he struggled to even stagger a reply, feeling his breathing fasten up and his feet have that freezing sensation.Three... four... five glances, that was the number he took before finally exhaling warm fuzzy clouds from his lips and then crunched his knuckles. 

 

"Sir, your order?" The man on the counter said, offering his genuine smile that he commonly displayed to all of his customers but somehow, it was wavering.

 

Actually, Both of them are wavering.

 

Those undeniable emotions started to surge up in Donghae, cupping his face with both of his hands then wiped them down to his mouth. This man standing in front of him. The man that made him go crazy back in Rome. The man that made him cross dress. The man that made him humiliate not only in front of Siwon but also to his own family.

 

This is the one.

Instead of being happy, it pissed him off.

 

On the other hand, this man was completely speechless and was continuously masking his face with this awkward grin-ish smile he was putting. He did not expect to find Donghae here and how the hell did they see each other face to face... right at this moment.

 

Then again, there's this rising tension between them. Tik tok cried the clock, yelling at Donghae to at least blurt out his order but no word was coming out fo his mouth; only strained and muffled sobs that he was trying to conceal by biting his lip. And as soon as their gazes touched one another's, almost immediately, and as if cliche, there's still this spark lighting up... those electrifying and burning stares was only enough to make Donghae's fingers stopped shivering in his pocket.

 

Before anything Donghae may choke out, a hand tapped his shoulder and the breath stopping moment of his day was finally halted for some time. Then he turned around, his eyes slightly squinting to repel the bulding pressure from his chest.

 

"Sir, you're holding the line. You may proceed to that room."-- the employee pointed out-- "And you may call me or him if you've finally decided your order. Is that fine with you?" Donghae actually did not understand a thing. His stare was not tear off from the employee on the cash register, the one who he'd exchange gazes with.

 

"Sir, is that fine with you?" The employee repeated, with a slightly off tune from her voice but not yet close to being stern though it was enough for Donghae to just agree and be lightly pushed off the line and guided to the room. He was welcomed by a candy themed office or it looked a lounge with an added office desk.

 

Before Donghae could ever say anything or tell the girl to just give him whatever hot is available, the door was shut before him and he's now only forced to crash his back on the couch. At least, and somehow, his nerves was slightly cooled down though he was impatiently waiting for the employee to come back. And, he thought that it would only be disrespectful if he'll left this place without saying anything.

 

To kill time, he flipped his phone open and reached out to Kris for three times but failed in those three times as he was only directed to the sickening voice message that he hated the most. His just eyes just wandered off the ceiling after pocketing his phone then what he did not know, his consciousness gave up on him and his vision faded to black.

 


 

 

After moments of lightly snoring on the couch, Donghae was awaken when a hot porcelain grazed on his cheek which made him immediately flinch from his position. The employee earlier was in front of him, holding to mugs that was seemingly to be coffee. He briefly took a large intake of air and check his pockets for his personal belongings when that employee interrupted him.

 

"Do not worry sir. We don't take advantage of our customers." She flatly said and offered the cup of coffee to him which Donghae took with no hesitiation and took a blissful sip. He felt a lot more relaxed than earlier as he flexed his free hand.

 

Emptying the mug to the last drop, he laid the porcelain on the nearest coffee table and heavily sighed. He massaged his temples and looked back at the employee, who seemed not to have any poise and had her foot hanging on the edge of table. He raised an eyebrow as the employee who was still sipping her own coffee looked back at him then she decended her mug and asked, "What?"

 

Donghae shook his head, "Nothing?" he replied with a small, lowly nod to look as if he was innocent but he knows in himself that he's not. Nobody in his age is. She shrugged and chuckled, putting the porcelain again between her lips then took a sip of coffee before putting it down the mug next Donghae's.

 

For the nth time, he flexed his toes, he knows that he's feeling uncomfortable again; thanking the traits of him chewing the hollow of his cheek and his eyes always nervously wandering somewhere, laying on anything but the employee.

 

"Umm.. may I.." Donghae tried to grasp on anything as he felt his confidence really getting below the normal level. But, the question now in his mind, how the hell did he just managed to start a conversation going on in his own will and without really actually thinking. Not only it was undeniably awkward, it made him feel like puking like hell.

 

"Anything wrong?"

"N-No.. there's none!" Donghae nervously replied and for some reason, there was this thing surely bothering him and he had to muster up all of his long gone courage before he starts feeling tensed again.

"Really?"

 

Donghae cracked, not the crack that he's laughing his off but the one that surely touched one terrific memory that he almost forgot. At first, yes he admits that he doesn't remember but then, that glorious stare of hers that seemed like that person's which only triggered for him to be intrigued and ask her questions that's also considered to be personal. But then again, Donghae is the type of person who'll interrogate anyone he needs or seemingly needs to interrogate.

 

"Miss, may I ask you something?" He asked in a troubled tone that was really noticable. Without her reply, Donghae immediately added the question bothering him. "Are you somehow.. you know.." He briefly sneered then immediately continued his question. "... related to Lee Eunhyuk? "

 

The taste in his mouth turned sour as soon as that name slipped by his lips. It was like poison in his mouth, just by saying those three syllables what more if they're now encountering, a much closer contact that he longed for a while. His heart was squeezed near to its limit when she was not giving an answer, she just slowly smirked then backfired him with another.

 

"So, you must be Donghae?" His heart sank and he was definitely anxious when he heard his name. And by seeing the intense stare reflecting on her eyes, if it was possible to commit suicide at this time, he would've done it a few seconds ago. He started to tremble, including his knees. The way she looked at him as if he seeing a secret deep in him... the technique... of how she pierce through him ... it was incredibly familiar.

 

Surprising Donghae, she flailed her arms around him before skipping across the room then crashed herself on the jelly bean couch then she just laughed. After some time, her laugh faded then she proceeded to Donghae's direction, trying to catch up her breath while rubbing her eyes. "Sorry for that.." She chuckled then sat again beside Donghae before showing a lavished grin.

 

"Ah, finally... someone asked me if I was related to my brother rather than thinking that I'm his girlfriend. God, don't they have the eyes?" She sighed then hung her legs again on the coffee table. Donghae perked up an eyebrow, finding this seemingly sweet girl (in terms of her appearance) was actually the opposite of what he thinks. So, this just proves the saying, 'Don't judge a book by its cover.'

 

Startling Donghae, she lightly jabbed a finger on his chest. "Aaaand.. I'm correct. You are Lee Donghae. And, to refresh what I said earlier. Yes, I'm Eunhyuk's sister. Lee Sungmin, nice to meet you." She offered a generous hand which Donghae hesitantly took then formally stated his name. Sungmin smiled and looked at the ceiling while he was uncomfortably sitting on the couch since she hogged most of the space of the couch.

 

"For 's sake.."  She softly muttered that made Donghae lightly cough. "... you don't have any idea how much my brother talks about you. God, Seoul is not that big but you seem to show me that it's larger than America.." Donghae was insulted but he just gave a genuine grin and nod. "Anyway, only God knows how much Hyukjae would be thrilled when I ... but wait.. you've met earlier on the counter ... how come.."

 

"Maybe because of the bonnet?" Donghae suggested.

"Hmm.. probably...." She put a lot of train of thoughts in her head, leaving a long pause before them but eventually sighed. "NOT."

"You see, this is his territory. It would be just impossible..." She muttered then not so immediately trailed off, purposely not making eye contact with Donghae, who's now practically curious of what he just heard from Sungmin. To sum it all up, the word territory, specifically on how she used it, just tics him off. But actually, Donghae could care less if Eunhyuk would recognize him or not.

 

"--Then maybe if I introduce you again as Donghae.. he'll remember you!" Seconds of moment of silence awkwardly stood between them as Sungmin easily held an enthustiastic smile, pointing at Donghae, while the other was not able to comprehend everything she just said.

"Excuse me?" Donghae retaliated.

 

"I mean. If you somehow show up to him then say that you're Donghae. He'll probably remember you. Of course, it's just impossible if he forgets you especially when he's talking about you everytime..."

"No."

"What?"

"NO." Sungmin's eyes widen, just completely gaping with Donghae's reply.

 

"Why" was Sungmin's immediate question then Donghae sighed and explained his reasons, though he was not really sure with reason why he was telling her all of these. But, there was something competent about her that made Donghae tell these things that were not really his will to say them.

 

But, it made Donghae relieved that she understood and did not insist anything about it. In fact, Sungmin agreed to his so-called plan.

 

The thing he needs to do to his next sunday was to buy a new hoodie and a face mask then, he's off to go to proceed to the plan.

 


 

Author's Note : Yay! I updated after a few weeks. I'll keep my promise that this would be up to 3-7 chapters only because I don't it to be 'that' long.

PS : I don't  create fics with amnesia blah. even if i did in the past, i won't repeat it again.

 

I hope you like this.

Comments are highly appreciated :">

 

ConverseLover600-Paradies_dictator-experiment-mediocre-fanfictions!
(Warning : May have tons of grammatical errors. All stories are un-betaed)

Super Junior

EunHae : When in Rome . When in South Korea . Connect The Dots . Heavy Rain. Heavenly Pain. Am I still Sane?
TeukChul : Oh God Please
YeWook : I'm still human. I still have feelings I . I'm still human. I still have feelings II
KyuWook : Stars Do Bleed

EXO

TaoRis : Wheels and Pedals . Arm Around Your Waist . Kiss Me Hard
KaiSoo : Attention Is Mine . Faded From Moonlights
HunHan and BaekYeol:
Arm Around Your Waist

PS : Edited chapters will be re-uploaded every Friday of the week the chapter is released