Chapter 4

When in South Korea

 

 

 


 

Warning :

May be horribly written.
Lengthy or very short paragraphs..
poorly described thoughts..
less on dialogue..
can turn out to be angsty / dark when it's not meant to be like that
.

Enjoy if you can digest this.

 


Merry x Goes x Around

"I can't imagine humiliating myself in public. Oh wait- I already did."


 

Donghae had already considered of quitting that side job because of the most outrageous mistake he ever did, probably his entire lifetime. But, the owner was begging him to just stay for a while until a replacement comes and obviously, replace him. It was a hard task to do, juggling two jobs at once, plus another distraction just across the street.

 

Now, because of the sticky slip up he made last week, Donghae did not have a gut to stamp a foot on Eunhyuk's cafe; even if he did, Sungmin, Euhnyuk's sister, his very bi-polar sister, would skin him alive or lock him up in a room or feed him to the bears, if Korea has bears. Anyway, Donghae was such a wit, he doesn't like to stick out his to this kind of situation especially the kind that he has a chance of being killed in the process, literally or not. Either way, both cases are undesirable.

 

Donghae sighed to himself for the umpteenth time, then dipped himself further more on the bath tub, the lukewarm water on the level of the bridge of his nose and small bubbles built then popped everytime he exhaled. He had his eyes down on the surface of the water, stared at the yellow rubber duckies slowly floating round and round and one of them even bumped on his cheek.

 

He wondered if Eunhyuk didn't have an allergy, would he keep those flowers? would he display them? would he stare at it in his free time?

 

Donghae tried soothe himself with those thoughts to somehow uplift his spirit but he only tried, and he deserved that golden star of redemption. Uneasiness would always pool on his stomach and small gargle-like noises would be louder as his heart pounced harder against his chest. Guilt enveloped his mind and Donghae could just do nothing but furrow his eyebrows.

 

After minutes turned to hours, Donghae didn't even realized that he fell asleep and thank God his head was lying on the edge of the tub or he could've drown in the tub to his death. He sighed and slowly but surely, he picked himself up then let water drip down from his body. Every step he made, life's misery made sure that he'll feel heavy like kilos were placed on his shoulders, knees and the rest of his joints

 

It was just a matter of time before his slipped on his bathrobe and roam in his shameful, untidy, so unpresentable bedroom. Donghae just lounged himself on the bed, his face burying first on the decent mattress, his hair wetting some parts of it but he doesn't mind. His place reeked of week soaked towels, strong scent of perfume and the cold noodles that was not recently placed on the coffee table.

 

Instead of feeling relaxed, Donghae felt he could pass out again, even if he was in the most awkward position on bed, his arms and legs sprawled out on different directions. His head ached every single attempt of lifting it up or turning it aside, his feet quivered as the wind of the fan would the soles of his feet everytime it turned.

 

"Hey hey. Donghae open up!"

 

Donghae groaned helplessly and hastily took pillows and pushed them on both ears. It was like 6 in the morning and people were already bothering him instead of focusing on preparing for their own respective jobs. Then it took sometime before it struck Donghae, he hasn't even paid the rent of his apartment and there's a big chance that it was the landlord ready to kick him out if he doesn't pay.

 

But yeah, he has a good job and the money was just in his wallet. He's just too lazy to st-

 

"Hey Donghae. If you don't open this in 5 seconds, I'll let Tao whip this door!"

 

Tao? whip? How are they conne- Oh, I get it... Kris's boyfriend.
 

 

"Alright Alright! I'm going going!" Donghe ruffled his hair. "sheesh." Of course, he doesn't want to pay for the damage on the door and burn more money from his savings that he'll be starting to only eat junk foods replacing his usuals... noodles.

 

"Are you going to open this or not? Tao is already in his sta-."

 

Donghae pushed the door open, shooting fiery glares at the blonde headed who was had a smirk painted on his face to oppose it. "What the hell is your problem Kris? And why did you bring your boyfriend here? 6 am. my God." Donghae slapped a hand right on his forehead to somehow calm his nerves down and breathe easily.

 

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?" asked Kris, his smirk turning into a pout then he titled his head to a side, trying too hard to act innocent, which surprisingly suited him. Donghae was already clueless from the very start until Kris pointed at his left.

 

"Hi Donghae!" Sungmin waved.

 

"Kris, you know you're dead." hissed Donghae, pointing it at the taller man.

 

"I know." Kris laughed through his nose then sighed. "But you may want to take a look at yourself."

 

What Donghae did not know, not only his soaked hair was sticking out and disheveled, a shoulder of his was exposed and his robe was loosely tied.

 

 


 

 

"God, your place more than your gut." Sungmin wrinkled her nose, the stench accumulating in the air was enough if for her to throw up on Donghae's carpet but thankfully enough, she somehow held it on the base of though it was pretty obvious to Donghae that she was just forcing herself not to dash to bathroom.

 

"Geez wow. Thanks for the compliment." gritted Donghae, who's now serving cheap coffee on the table. Sungmin was about to take a sip then she glanced back for a second at Kris, watching him sustain the drink on his lips, not actually drinking it.Sungmin sneered watching her reflection on the coffee be distorted then she placed the cup down.

 

"You're welcome." said Sungmin, flashing one of her mischevious smiles and Donghae replied by rolling his eyes then he set down his own coffee on the table.

 

"So how did you persuade Kris to accompany you?... I mean. It's not like Kris to be nice to strangers or anything but I'm not also saying that Kris is rude.." trailed Donghae then flexed his fingers and laid them steadily on his lap. Then he noticed Kris, who was as if- begging him not to ask, but unfortunately, Donghae could not read his best friend and it could be well said that Kris was close to tears.

 

"Did you umm... lock him up in your room?"

 

"No." replied Sungmin.

 

"Did you threaten him to dye his hair?"

 

"No never. Touch everything not the hair." Kris answered for Sungmin.

 

"Oh so ... did you pay him .. no no no. That's wrong." Donghae sighed and directed his attention to a pale Kris, who still has his coffee on hand, refusing to place it on the table.The blonde's fingers trembled around the porcelain the he decided to gulped the disgusting coffee down and coughed at the foul taste(since cheap coffee never matched his liking).

 

"She kidnapped me alright!" shouted a defeated Kris and Sungmin felt a frying pan of stupidity and for Shisus's sake, also an oven of being dense right on her head.

 

"Oppa I did not!" Sungmin retorted cutely .. ugly but presentable... let's take the ugly off. Kris almost threw up but when she said 'oppa' managed to in another rant, like reporting it to his mother (which in this situation, looked like Donghae).

 

"Oh yes you did! You're the one who drag me out of an important meeting!"

 

"I did not. I asked you earlier in my cafe-"

 

"Liar liar. Pants on fire. bleh bleh bleh."

 

"Who has pants on? It's you! I'm wearing a dress, stupid." Donghae blushed, realizing that he was still in his robe.

 

"Whatever kidnapper."

 

"Says who called me a liar. Hah. It turned against you." Sungmin scanned Kris up and down before muttering, "Pants giant."

 

"You did not just called m-"

 

"Oh for Shisus's sake, children- teenagers- adults- just settle down!" The two were so close at yanking each other's hair out but when they heard Donghae's irritated voice, they retrieved their own hands, and kept them to themselves. Kris just grimaced, like a diva he was, while Sungmin just shrugged and emptied the cup of coffee.

 

"One at a time. god."

 

Sungmin was beaten by Kris in rock paper scissors to determine who's the first one to their own side of the story. Kris pumped a fist in the air and hissed a 'yes' while Sungmin just rolled her eyes. On the other hand, Donghae was shaking his head in disbelief that no matter how mature these people look, they act a lot more childish than he does. At least, in his very opinion.

 

"Okay. So I was in a meeting with my foreign investors. Remember how I dragged you out in yours?"

 

Donghae nods.

 

"She did worse than that."

 

"I did no-"

 

"Shut up." Sungmin gaped and pursed her lips. "As I was saying, she broke the door... like literally and the foreign investors were like 'what the ' ... well, one actually said it. Anyway, I had to pay for the door which is your fault." Kris glared at Sungmin, who seemed like being degraded with Kris's words.

 

"And when we crossed the street, since she refused to use my car, because it doesn't suit her style"- quoted Kris on the air. "-we almost got ran over by a bus."

 

"Okay. Okay. It's my fault." sighed Sungmin and Kris triumpant grin ticked her off.

 

"But I only did it because you stopped going to the cafe." Sungmin stopped for a bit. "I was worried maybe something happened to you."

 

Eunhyuk is worried, .

 

"Do you have a crush on him or something?" Kris grimaced. "Because you know, he's gay."

 

"You don't have to tell me. He's radiating 'gay' anyways." Kris snickered with her answer. "and for your information, he's not my type."

 

"Ouch. that hurts Donghae."

 

"Shut it."

 

 


 

 

After they left Donghae's apartment, Kris went back to his open meeting while Donghae has no other choice but to sneak out from Sungmin's sight. Unfortunately, Sungmin immediately caught him and threatened him to fix up a rushed date with his brother if he tried to escape.

 

With no options left, Donghae just nodded, like a tamed dog.

 

They stopped in a park and Sungmin just jumped across the sand box then landed near the monkey bars. She twirled around and Donghae just raised an eyebrow, sort of dumbfounded... no... completely...

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Push me." ordered Sungmin who had her hands on the chains of the swing.

 

Donghae sighed and did what she said. "Stop lurking around Hae.."

 

He scoffed with the nickname she just gave him. "Act like a man. You don't have to know specific details about my brother. I promise you won't be humiliated- see this a normal yet special relationship between you two... Knowing each other more and more with each passing day."

 

Donghae pushed her swing again.

 

"God, I sound so corny."

 

And both just laughed.

 

-

 

The next day. Donghae was welcomed with flowers on his desk.

 

 


 

A/N : Construcitve criticism is well appreciated.

EunHae one-shot btw. if you guys don't mind checking it out Principles of Killing

 

ConverseLover600-Paradies_dictator-experiment-mediocre-fanfictions!
(Warning : May have tons of grammatical errors. All stories are un-betaed)

Super Junior

EunHae : When in Rome . When in South Korea . Connect The Dots . Heavy Rain. Heavenly Pain. Am I still Sane?
TeukChul : Oh God Please
YeWook : I'm still human. I still have feelings I . I'm still human. I still have feelings II
KyuWook : Stars Do Bleed

EXO

TaoRis : Wheels and Pedals . Arm Around Your Waist . Kiss Me Hard
KaiSoo : Attention Is Mine . Faded From Moonlights
HunHan and BaekYeol:
Arm Around Your Waist

PS : Edited chapters will be re-uploaded every Friday of the week the chapter is released

 

 

.